Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

College Top 10

BTF

4 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Then the playoff where things get interesting.  Bama should be there, probably Clemson, maybe Oklahoma, and you also got Washington.  

Washington, huh?

3 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Imo LSU is the best SEC team and might be good enough to be ranked 1st.

I will believe it when I see it. A seven point win over Texas is certainly a good win, but it doesn't qualify them as the best team in the SEC. In fact, I'm wondering if I should have put Auburn above them in my poll. Will see what they are made of with Florida, Auburn, and Alabama coming up.

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Then the playoff where things get interesting.  Bama should be there, probably Clemson, maybe Oklahoma, and you also got Washington.  

Nothing against Washington, I'm just not sold on west coast football. I think your best ten or twelve teams are east of Oklahoma. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BTF said:

I will believe it when I see it. A seven point win over Texas is certainly a good win, but it doesn't qualify them as the best team in the SEC. In fact, I'm wondering if I should have put Auburn above them in my poll. Will see what they are made of with Florida, Auburn, and Alabama coming up.

Nothing against Washington, I'm just not sold on west coast football. I think your best ten or twelve teams are east of Oklahoma. 

Got it.  At least it’s not USC...

Oklahoma is my pick at an outside shot at being the best. As far as the SEC, I will hold off on giving anything to LSU. Bama and Georgia are the top two in my mind. The difference for me is defense. LSU gives up a LOT of points; no way they can just outrun the likes of Bama, Auburn and Georgia. Washington was impressive in beating SC. I think we are all in agreement when it comes to USC though. Going into this week, I was ok with Clemson on top. They will get everybody's best effort, and UNC gave them all they could handle. I was shocked to see that the Heels D could limit Clemson to just 3 scores. I also think this OSU team is the real deal; better than the teams they had the last couple years. Where they used to let the likes of IU and Nebraska hang around mainly because of sloppy play and mistakes; they are now blowing those teams out, like they should have in previous years. 

Funny thing is the last few years with the playoff and talk of expansion, it has been obvious there were just two teams really worthy of competing for a title. A year like this may be what is needed to have a real conversation about expanding. I still say 8 is enough though. 

If Oklahoma even has a resemblance of a defense, this could be their year.

The gap after the top 7 (Clemson, Bama, OSU, Oklahoma, Auburn, LSU, and Georgia) is HUGE in my opinion.  Your four playoff teams come from some combo of those 7.

44 minutes ago, Temptation said:

If Oklahoma even has a resemblance of a defense, this could be their year.

The gap after the top 7 (Clemson, Bama, OSU, Oklahoma, Auburn, LSU, and Georgia) is HUGE in my opinion.  Your four playoff teams come from some combo of those 7.

Not sure if Notre Dame Top 5 or Top 10. But the gap between Georgia and Notre Dame certainly isn't huge. Beating ND by 6 in Athens is anything but. 

1. Alabama

2. LSU (giving them credit for winning at Texas and the rejuvenated offense)

3. Ohio State (I would take Saban vs. Mike Day on a neutral field, which we could very well end up seeing)

4. Georgia

5. Oklahoma (Riley's offense will demolish the Big 12 and put up at least 25 in a playoff game. The question is can Hurts complete the big passes against an Elite secondary in the Playoff?)

6. Wisconsin (In typical Wisky fashion they play down to Northwestern)

7. Clemson (Honestly, could just be going through the motions and would look like #1 if playing a Top 10 team)

8. Auburn (True Frosh QB. Guz is always coaching for his job. Not a good recipe for an undefeated season) 

9. Notre Dame

10. Texas

Edited by Boilernation

15 hours ago, Boilernation said:

1. Alabama

3. Ohio State (I would take Saban vs. Mike Day on a neutral field, which we could very well end up seeing)

4. Georgia

5. Oklahoma (Riley's offense will demolish the Big 12 and put up at least 25 in a playoff game. The question is can Hurts complete the big passes against an Elite secondary in the Playoff?)

7. Clemson (Honestly, could just be going through the motions and would look like #1 if playing a Top 10 team)

8. Auburn (True Frosh QB. Guz is always coaching for his job. Not a good recipe for an undefeated season) 

9. Notre Dame

10. Texas

Fixed it for you:

1. Alabama

2. Clemson (It was a road game in a hostile environment, let's not overreact.)

3. Ohio State (I would take Saban vs. RYAN Day on a neutral field, which we could very well end up seeing)

4.  Oklahoma (Riley's offense will demolish the Big 12 and put up at least 25 in a playoff game. The question is can their D stop anybody?)

5. Auburn (best TWO wins of any team in the country thus far)

6. LSU (quality win AT Texas)

7. Georgia

8.  Notre Dame (showed they are top 10 in Athens)

9. Wisconsin (In typical Wisky fashion they play down to Northwestern after an emotional win)

10. Texas (usually over hyped and lose one they should not, we will see)

Edited by Guest

I like your top 4 Temptation. I would flip OSU and Clemson at this point. Maybe Clemson is going through a bit of a sophomore slump, and they kick things in as the season goes along. We will see. I like OSU’s defense. I think defense is what separates the men from the boys. And it hurts to say I like anything about OSU too 🤣 I like Georgia or Auburn in the 5 spot. I hesitate with LSU, again. Great win at Texas, but they did give up a LOT of points. I do think Texas is still an unknown as far as just how good they are. Georgia and Auburn post big wins early, and looked good doing so. 

On 10/2/2019 at 4:57 PM, Boilernation said:

1. Alabama

4. Georgia

9. Notre Dame

10. Texas

I would put Ohio State ahead of LSU, but tend to agree with everything else.  I am an ND fan, I think they are Top 10, but not Top 5 and way behind Top 3.

9 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

I would put Ohio State ahead of LSU, but tend to agree with everything else.  I am an ND fan, I think they are Top 10, but not Top 5 and way behind Top 3.

I think Ohio State has looked unbelievably impressive and I've heard multiple analysts say Fields is the best NFL prospect of college QB's. But, similiar to Alabama, they haven't really played anyone great. Still, credit is due to absolutely annihilating the competition, especially in Lincoln on a Saturday night. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I think Ohio State has looked unbelievably impressive and I've heard multiple analysts say Fields is the best NFL prospect of college QB's. But, similiar to Alabama, they haven't really played anyone great. Still, credit is due to absolutely annihilating the competition, especially in Lincoln on a Saturday night. 

Pretty easy when you are taking online classes that started THIS week...🙄

"He ain't come to play skool."

On 10/4/2019 at 11:42 AM, Temptation said:

Pretty easy when you are taking online classes that started THIS week...🙄

"He ain't come to play skool."

OSU historically has started classes late. If I remember right, it usually is around the end of September or beginning of October. I was working the Pan Am games back in 87, and most of the security people around the IUPUI Campus were college aged. The crews changed late in the games because a lot of them were heading back to school. The replacements all came from OSU. They to.d us even back then they did not start classes until the end of September.