Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 7

3 hours ago, Reb08 said:

2012 & 2013  NV & FC were better games.  

Absolutely!! I was in attendance for the 2013 match up. Lights mysteriously went out near halftime???? Is it true Brian Moore had the lights turned off to shut down NV's momentum??

Regardless... it was a fantastic game, with NV pulling it out in the 4th quarter. 

I did not attend the 2012 game but I heard all about the rain!

Edited by MamaSaid

PH Wolves = quick screen and blitz. 

Looking forward to seeing how physical NV’s DB’s play.. PH likes to air it out a lot.. 

I do like the rotation of Martin and Brick House Reynolds, Martin hits you with speed, then Reynolds can and will run over you. Should be a good showdown Friday Night in Cayuga.

Will Crabtree be able to keep the PA announcers voice down? Who knows, Go Falcons!

NV 42 PH 28

53 minutes ago, Warfalcon2012 said:

PH Wolves = quick screen and blitz. 

Looking forward to seeing how physical NV’s DB’s play.. PH likes to air it out a lot.. 

I do like the rotation of Martin and Brick House Reynolds, Martin hits you with speed, then Reynolds can and will run over you. Should be a good showdown Friday Night in Cayuga.

Will Crabtree be able to keep the PA announcers voice down? Who knows, Go Falcons!

NV 42 PH 28

I have heard the NV PA announcer was voted the loudest announcer “in the conference 16 years in a row.” The concession stand is pretty good too.

Rumor has it you can save your $5 admission, drive to the Burger King parking lot, and hear everything that happens via the PA, including every single “falcon first down”,  while using the $5 you saved to order a whopper,  fries, and a drink from the BK app. Seems like an oddly specific rumor.

I always pick Crabtree, regardless of opponent. If there is a way to win, he will find it.

P.s Does anyone have any TP?

18 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

I have heard the NV PA announcer was voted the loudest announcer “in the conference 16 years in a row.” The concession stand is pretty good too.

Rumor has it you can save your $5 admission, drive to the Burger King parking lot, and hear everything that happens via the PA, including every single “falcon first down”,  while using the $5 you saved to order a whopper,  fries, and a drink from the BK app. Seems like an oddly specific rumor.

I always pick Crabtree, regardless of opponent. If there is a way to win, he will find it.

P.s Does anyone have any TP?

You can park at forest glen and hear the PA’s voice.  First downs this week will be sponsored by the “make america great again foundation.” 

I miss my dear friend Joe Kane. Joe if you’re out there just know I miss you 🥺.

16 hours ago, Reb08 said:

2012 & 2013  NV & FC were better games.  If those years qualify as recent.  Those teams were better than these.  Still, this Friday has everything you want in a high school football game.  Most high school football games, especially at this level, are won by teams that can run the ball and defend the run.   In looking at this objectively, that is why Crabtree has not lost to Moore as of yet.  The NV teams have been able to control the line of scrimmage, run the ball, and defend the run better.   Even when Moore was at FC, that's were these games were won & lost. 

Does that mean that PH can't win on Friday, obviously not.  However, I think NV has the formula to give them problems.  PH seems a little too reliant on the pass, which could lead to more turnovers.  They need to establish a run game Friday and not be too impatient on offense.    Will PH be able to defend NV's run game and #12, Mr. Reynolds? 

Pretty evenly matched teams with different philosophies.  Both seasoned coaches who will undoubtedly have each team well prepared.  As a follower of PH its tough for me to say they have the tougher task to beat NV but I believe they do.  The NV team (program) knows how to win big games, and I agree good ball control can limits mistakes offensively  and a good run stopping defense, which is usually a little more durable as the game wears on is a solid combination.  Either way this one will probably be discussed at length both before and after its over.

I heard a rumor that one of the teams in the Parke Heritage - North Vermillion game has a surprise offense prepared for the game Friday night. Can any NV or PH people confirm this rumor?

I also heard that the latest South Vermillion football booster club fundraiser was a 12 month calendar featuring Coach Barrett wearing only speedos and a visor. Can any SV people confirm this rumor?

34 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Lol I wouldn’t be surprised if each team has some special offense this week. I’m sure both teams have plays they have saved for big games. 

I don’t think good coaches show all their cards until they have to.

Like a hook and trail or more commonly known as ladder. Or is it latter?

This game could go either way.  Barring something unforeseen, you have to think this will be a close game.  I would give NV the slight lean because of their style of play.  I think its a little more dependable.   It's likely that both teams will play each other again, with more on the line.   If they can stay healthy. 

2 hours ago, Reb08 said:

This game could go either way.  Barring something unforeseen, you have to think this will be a close game.  I would give NV the slight lean because of their style of play.  I think its a little more dependable.   It's likely that both teams will play each other again, with more on the line.   If they can stay healthy. 

Don’t forget about Attica! If 4 is healthy they can upset both teams!

8 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I feel like if Covington plays to the best capability, they have the talent to pull off an upset in the sectional as well.

Tanka....Do you think Hank Lopez could coach Mike DeCoursey to a mud wrestling victory over Amber Decoursey?  I have my doubts.   

Maybe Woody Hayes could ask Hank his opinion and report back to us?

Edited by hick

20 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I heard a rumor that one of the teams in the Parke Heritage - North Vermillion game has a surprise offense prepared for the game Friday night. Can any NV or PH people confirm this rumor?

I also heard that the latest South Vermillion football booster club fundraiser was a 12 month calendar featuring Coach Barrett wearing only speedos and a visor. Can any SV people confirm this rumor?

i can confirm existence of said calendars. They were for sale at the gas station in Dana and at the vet clinic in Clinton according to my sources.... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hick said:

Tanka....Do you think Hank Lopez could coach Mike DeCoursey to a mud wrestling victory over Amber Decoursey?  I have my doubts.   

Sir, I have no idea who those people are. However, I have a piping hot fart sandwich for your pleasure. The Parke Heritage Wolfs would defeat the Linton Miners in a game of American football, and also in table tennis and culinary arts.

Brian Moore once bet NASA he could survive re-entry without a spacesuit. On July 19th, 1999, a naked Brian Moore re-entered the earth's atmosphere, streaking over 14 states and reaching a temperature of 3000 degrees. An embarrassed NASA publicly claimed it was a meteor, and still owes him a beer.

Brian Moore is not hung like a horse. Horses are hung like Brian Moore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Brian Moore once bet NASA he could survive re-entry without a spacesuit. On July 19th, 1999, a naked Brian Moore re-entered the earth's atmosphere, streaking over 14 states and reaching a temperature of 3000 degrees. An embarrassed NASA publicly claimed it was a meteor, and still owes him a beer.

Do you think that is what Brian Moore’s Statue outside of Rockville high school will look like when he leaves next year???

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Do you think that is what Brian Moore’s Statue outside of Rockville high school will look like when he leaves next year???

23 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I feel like if Covington plays to the best capability, they have the talent to pull off an upset in the sectional as well.

North Vermillion 35. Covington. 0

P. H.  60.         Covington.  24

Upset?  Not happening against these 2.  Attica is a maybe.

15 hours ago, hick said:

Amber Decoursey can whip Mike Decoursey in mud wrestling with one hand tied behind her back.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Coach Herman Boone said:

The only statue of a football coach at Rockville high school that I know of is located in the choir room. That statue is of the angelic voiced Herb King. I have been told by a solid source that Herb did in fact audition for American Idol season 3. He was not allowed to participate in the show because the judges refused to believe such a polished vocalist wasn't already a professional.