Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 7

Sounded like the Wolfs and Falcons put on quite a show.  I was planning on going, but got stuck in the horse and buggy caravan to the game on 63 and decided to head to Newport for the hill climb.  Wolfs are still a juggernaut and will put up 50 the next time.

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:
Seeger 49 Sheridan 7  

Who saw that coming?

19 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

What the hay happened to Fountain Central?  They haven't been this bad since 2001.  Not used to seeing this.

It’s been mentioned in a few threads but some people don’t want to hear it. I swear to God they don’t 

6 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

I asked about a month ago if FC had ever gone 0’fer and got chastised for it.  It is going to happen.  Feel bad for them, but I do agree...what the heck happened there?

Definitely going to happen. No one got chastised for asking.,saying O’fer constantly  probably not taken well. It didn’t happen overnight it’s about a 6 year issue that finally surfaced. I swear to God it did 

8 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

It’s called cycles of talent.  Every small school goes through them.  It is FC’s turn unfortunately.  And I tried to bring that up earlier in the season! 0’fer, 0’fer, 0’fer, 0’fer, 0’fer, 0’fer, 0’fer, 0’fer

No it’s called multiple years of low numbers dick

My little rant this morning. Why are so many  people obsessed with Moore changing jobs and schools to coach. Isn’t the goal in life to put yourself in the best possible position for your family and yourself? I would assume most of us here have took promotions, better paying jobs, better benefits so we could be successful and support our family. If you haven’t I’m sorry.

Look at all the coaches you know. How many have stayed at one school? If Sanders was moving on from RP to another school you would hear nothing about it. No disrespect to Sanders but the program isn’t successful.  People don’t like when Moore moves because he is successful. Once again he has put himself in that position so schools, teams, parents and fans want him. Wonder how many here that bash him would change their way of thinking if he was coming to their school? 

Rant is over, let’s talk about 2019 football add something constructive to the forum. Let’s get some actually good football conversation going. 

• Like 1

Long time watcher, first time poster...

I think the version of success people are looking for can be a little different. If it’s to win football games, then there is no doubt guys like Moore, King and Crabtree are highly successful. If it’s to build young men up and teach them the game of life while teaching them football, some other coaches would consider that success. But you’ll have a hard time convincing me a guy is there for the kids and not his own personal agenda if he bolts as soon as the talent drops off a little. Why not stay? It’s for the kids isn’t it? 

I think an often overlooked “successful” coach is Good from Attica. Even though he doesn’t have the hardware, he gets his teams to compete and win ball games. And I don’t think a guy like Sanders would ever move on from RP. From what I’ve seen and heard RP may be moving in the right direction. Who knows, if Sanders does move on, RP could be a landing spot for one of those “successful” coaches. 

1 hour ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

My little rant this morning. Why are so many  people obsessed with Moore changing jobs and schools to coach. Isn’t the goal in life to put yourself in the best possible position for your family and yourself? I would assume most of us here have took promotions, better paying jobs, better benefits so we could be successful and support our family. If you haven’t I’m sorry.

Look at all the coaches you know. How many have stayed at one school? If Sanders was moving on from RP to another school you would hear nothing about it. No disrespect to Sanders but the program isn’t successful.  People don’t like when Moore moves because he is successful. Once again he has put himself in that position so schools, teams, parents and fans want him. Wonder how many here that bash him would change their way of thinking if he was coming to their school? 

Rant is over, let’s talk about 2019 football add something constructive to the forum. Let’s get some actually good football conversation going. 

Bravo!! I'm glad someone said what I was thinking! I'm so tired of hearing people call him a talent chaser. HE WENT FROM BEING AN ATHLETIC DIRECTOR TO A TEACHER SO HE COULD BE A HEAD COACH AGAIN. He left quite a bit of money on the table so he could, maybe, I don't know, pursue his passion of being a head coach? He wanted to lead young men and young adults, mentor others from a leadership position that at the time wasn't available at FC is my guess. And I'm sure if he would have known Jones was gonna leave FC, he would have staid put. In my eyes, in my opinion, all the man has done has proven his way of coaching can and will work anywhere he goes. Its like you going from one car dealership to another as a guy in charge of service and having the same results, good or bad, everywhere you go. You are doing what comes natural to you, and it works or it doesn't. I'm sure he has adapted some of his methods over time (good managers/coaches always do), but for the most part, I bet he's kept the same foundation of fundamentals.

Edited by RedwoodCowTippers

1 hour ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Ok let's look at collage prospects from the WRC. 

45 minutes ago, WRCWatcher said:

Long time watcher, first time poster...

I think the version of success people are looking for can be a little different. If it’s to win football games, then there is no doubt guys like Moore, King and Crabtree are highly successful. If it’s to build young men up and teach them the game of life while teaching them football, some other coaches would consider that success. But you’ll have a hard time convincing me a guy is there for the kids and not his own personal agenda if he bolts as soon as the talent drops off a little. Why not stay? It’s for the kids isn’t it? 

I think an often overlooked “successful” coach is Good from Attica. Even though he doesn’t have the hardware, he gets his teams to compete and win ball games. And I don’t think a guy like Sanders would ever move on from RP. From what I’ve seen and heard RP may be moving in the right direction. Who knows, if Sanders does move on, RP could be a landing spot for one of those “successful” coaches. 

This will be my last comment on this thread so we can move on to next week. 

Welcome to the posting world. 

I would say that 90% of coaches at any school is there for the kids. I have had and seen coaches leave a program and still stay in contact with former players whether still playing or graduating. 

But just because a coach moves on doesn’t mean he doesn’t care about the players on his team. Are you saying of a teacher takes a new roll as an admin that they don’t care about their students? Of course you aren’t. But we need to look at it that way. If I was teaching 7th grade math and wanted to better myself and became a principal at the same or different school doesn’t mean I don’t care. It means I am taking care of my family. 

Thanks for your comments. Please continue to post on next weeks thread. This group can be fun with the right content! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Coach Moore is a good coach.  As I’ve stated before, I think he’s overrated. To me it’s hard to evaluate because he’s always been in ideal situations.  Fair question.....when is the last time he won a WRC game he wasn’t suppose to? Or a  swing game that was 50/50?                                 To me, that is the mark of a great coach. Not just because people say he is.  If not, what is the point of coaching. You are winning and losing the games you are suppose to, which is boring and nothing special.  In addition, it’s obviously important to have great assistant coaches, in order to become a great coach. Know people don’t want to discuss this, but it’s a fair question.

6 hours ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

Bravo!! I'm glad someone said what I was thinking! I'm so tired of hearing people call him a talent chaser. HE WENT FROM BEING AN ATHLETIC DIRECTOR TO A TEACHER SO HE COULD BE A HEAD COACH AGAIN. He left quite a bit of money on the table so he could, maybe, I don't know, pursue his passion of being a head coach? He wanted to lead young men and young adults, mentor others from a leadership position that at the time wasn't available at FC is my guess. And I'm sure if he would have known Jones was gonna leave FC, he would have staid put. In my eyes, in my opinion, all the man has done has proven his way of coaching can and will work anywhere he goes. Its like you going from one car dealership to another as a guy in charge of service and having the same results, good or bad, everywhere you go. You are doing what comes natural to you, and it works or it doesn't. I'm sure he has adapted some of his methods over time (good managers/coaches always do), but for the most part, I bet he's kept the same foundation of fundamentals.

I will take a rather large wager on the HOF’er not staying at FC and coaching even if he knew the coach was going to leave.  

After reviewing the statistics from Friday’s game, do the Wolfs fair better against the Falcons had they played Linton instead of Eastern in week 5?  It appears the Wolfs got smacked in the mouth Friday, something they may have already gotten and learned from by playing Linton?  The Wolfs are still a juggernaut and not to be taken lightly come sectional time.

Edited by wrcsage

8 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

Coach Moore is a good coach.  As I’ve stated before, I think he’s overrated. To me it’s hard to evaluate because he’s always been in ideal situations.  Fair question.....when is the last time he won a WRC game he wasn’t suppose to? Or a  swing game that was 50/50?                                 To me, that is the mark of a great coach. Not just because people say he is.  If not, what is the point of coaching. You are winning and losing the games you are suppose to, which is boring and nothing special.  In addition, it’s obviously important to have great assistant coaches, in order to become a great coach. Know people don’t want to discuss this, but it’s a fair question.

Exactly!!! Probably the most overrated coach in the state. 

14 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

Should the Wolfs have punted on 4th down with 2:00 left?  Does the game end differently?

Thank you for bringing this up. To not punt in that situation is unacceptable. No plausible explanation. In the second half, PH had slowed down NV’s run game some. You punt and make them drive the field.  He’s a good coach, but that was a terrible decision.  Not one of his better coaching moves.  And don’t tell me if he would have got it, it would have been a good move.  If is was a NV coach, I’m praying that he goes for it in that situation.  NV had not established a pass game at all on Friday. Make them drive the length of the field. 

6 hours ago, Reb08 said:

Thank you for bringing this up. To not punt in that situation is unacceptable. No plausible explanation. In the second half, PH had slowed down NV’s run game some. You punt and make them drive the field.  He’s a good coach, but that was a terrible decision.  Not one of his better coaching moves.  And don’t tell me if he would have got it, it would have been a good move.  If is was a NV coach, I’m praying that he goes for it in that situation.  NV had not established a pass game at all on Friday. Make them drive the length of the field. 

Nope, I disagree. Parke Heritage offense was their best defense at that point. If you’re trying to win the game, you try to convert the 4th down and then bleed the fairly new 40 second play clock. Coach Moore made the right call. He believed in himself and his guys. The dudes won 80% of his games because he’s dang good.

20 minutes ago, Woody_Hayes said:

Nope, I disagree. Parke Heritage offense was their best defense at that point. If you’re trying to win the game, you try to convert the 4th down and then bleed the fairly new 40 second play clock. Coach Moore made the right call. He believed in himself and his guys. The dudes won 80% of his games because he’s dang good.

4th & 6 from NV's 45?  I could understand if it was 4th & 1 or 2.   4th & 6 is not nearly as good of a percentage.  If they were on the 25 or 30, I could understand, because you're essentially in no man's land.  Also, given how the second half had played out, it seems that you would punt the ball.

I would be shocked if the coach on the other sideline across from him would have made the same call, given the circumstances of the game at that time. 

29 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

4th & 6 from NV's 45?  I could understand if it was 4th & 1 or 2.   4th & 6 is not nearly as good of a percentage.  If they were on the 25 or 30, I could understand, because you're essentially in no man's land.  Also, given how the second half had played out, it seems that you would punt the ball.

I would be shocked if the coach on the other sideline across from him would have made the same call, given the circumstances of the game at that time. 

I don’t know man. I have a ton of respect for Coach Moore, and I’ve reached out to him on advice several times. He’s been a great mentor to me since I’ve joined the WRC. Some of my best games have been battling him, because he’s so good at what he does. He’s a damn good football coach, and trying to beat him has been very good for me professionally.

Iron sharpens iron.

Edited by Woody_Hayes

On 10/5/2019 at 2:51 PM, gonzoron said:
Seeger 49 Sheridan 7  

Fortunately for me i do have the internet and i do check scores but i am sure your intent was not to just inform me, but rather to show me i was wrong with what i thought would happen.   As i stated "anything can happen" / and i did not think Sheridan would lose but then again I said anything can happen.  So thanks for the recap of the score i was already well aware of.