Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 7

15 hours ago, Reb08 said:

Thank you for bringing this up. To not punt in that situation is unacceptable. No plausible explanation. In the second half, PH had slowed down NV’s run game some. You punt and make them drive the field.  He’s a good coach, but that was a terrible decision.  Not one of his better coaching moves.  And don’t tell me if he would have got it, it would have been a good move.  If is was a NV coach, I’m praying that he goes for it in that situation.  NV had not established a pass game at all on Friday. Make them drive the length of the field. 

More than likely the falcons would have scored either way, since we couldn’t seem to stop their run game all night.

Scenario 1: We punt the ball and it takes them longer to score(maybe, might bust another 80 yarder) and gives us less time or little to no time to score at the end of the game. 

Scenario 2: We get the first down and the game is more than likely over. Bad route by Jaylen and a bad ball by White. I’d be throwing to noble johnson in that situation, he had 3 TD prior correct? 

If Woody Hayes punts in that situation he would be an idiot, the wolves couldn’t stop him all night?! why wouldn’t he go for it to end the game?!?! Wolves have punted twice all season, glad to see he trusted his young men and went for the win, I think it was a good call. 

There were small glimpse of good defense by the wolves in the second half, but when there was a missed assignment it was crucial.

This loss will hopefully help the wolves in the post season, as I think the linton loss helped the falcons. Will be a crazy sectional draw. Hopefully the 2 teams are on different ends of the sectional and get to face off in the championship at Parke County! 

Lastly on this game, I thought it was a clean respectful smash mouth classic. From my view all kids played hard, clean, helped each other up, and had a lot of respect to one another. (The helmet to helmet has already been discussed in above post.) respect to NV

Can someone start next weeks threads? When it’s up I’ll discuss some PH players looking to play at the next level. 

EDIT: if either of these teams win the sectional, how far could they go in the 1A tourney?

Edited by Oldbleacherfan

So if Moore is such a horrible coach, how is it that he went to a 6a school and led them to their first winning season in almost 10 yrs?  Do we all forget the season he spent up at Jeff where he turned an 0-10, 1-9 team into and 8-3 team in one season?  Now that team seems to be rolling. If he was truly a talent chaser, wouldn't he have stayed in the big school that seems to have had a good talent pool?  Just curious. 

5 minutes ago, DomerFan78 said:

So if Moore is such a horrible coach, how is it that he went to a 6a school and led them to their first winning season in almost 10 yrs?  Do we all forget the season he spent up at Jeff where he turned an 0-10, 1-9 team into and 8-3 team in one season?  Now that team seems to be rolling. If he was truly a talent chaser, wouldn't he have stayed in the big school that seems to have had a good talent pool?  Just curious. 

Exactly. Moore wasn’t blind from the talent when he was there and left. They are ranked a top team in 6A now  

Their head coach has done a great job but he credits Moore for setting the foundation for him their first year together there. 

And honestly, who would have thought Rockville and turkey run could have competed for a conference championship 2 years in a row and be ranked in the top 5 in their second year? What talent was he chasing coming to PH?

9 minutes ago, DomerFan78 said:

No, not necessarily.  I think there were factors outside of coaching that he wasn't crazy about there.  You are correct in that they seem to be doing well even after his departure.

6 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Exactly. Moore wasn’t blind from the talent when he was there and left. They are ranked a top team in 6A now  

Their head coach has done a great job but he credits Moore for setting the foundation for him their first year together there. 

And honestly, who would have thought Rockville and turkey run could have competed for a conference championship 2 years in a row and be ranked in the top 5 in their second year? What talent was he chasing coming to PH?

It was well understood that TR's JH had plenty of talent before the merger of the schools, along with Rockville having some.  That was not a secret.  He's a good coach and has done a good job.  Some are going to have different opinions on a forum like this.  I've said my part.  I'm done with it. 

Edited by Reb08

3 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

It was well understood that TR's JH had plenty of talent before the merger of the schools, along with Rockville having some.  That was not a secret.  He's a good coach and has done a good job.  Some are going to have different opinions on a forum like this.  I've said my part.  I'm done with it. 

You never responded to me reply about the 4th and 6?

44 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

You never responded to me reply about the 4th and 6?

Which part?  There was a lot there.   However, you punt the ball.  Period.   No way NV would have went for it on 4th down....especially given the circumstances of the game at that point.  No way, despite what Woody Hayes would say on here.     You have to make the right decision.  It's impossible to predict what the result would have been had they punted.   That's not the point.  The right decision is to punt.    Make NV run the ball down the field starting from their own 20 with 2 minutes left.  Puts pressure on NV to have to pass the ball.  Thought it was poor game management. 

3 hours ago, Warriorfan said:

Fortunately for me i do have the internet and i do check scores but i am sure your intent was not to just inform me, but rather to show me i was wrong with what i thought would happen.   As i stated "anything can happen" / and i did not think Sheridan would lose but then again I said anything can happen.  So thanks for the recap of the score i was already well aware of.

You’re welcome. Glad I could help out!