Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Region Game of the Year : 6-0 Merrillville at 6-0 Valparaiso

Guest DT

The Merrillville Pirates are back, and that is a huge boon for high school football in Northwest Indiana.  

Brad Seiss has the MHS machine humming at 6-0, with a huge clash on the horizon this week at DAC rival Valpo.  Michigan City has hogged the DAC and NWI spotlite over the past few seasons, but these two bluebloods, Valpo and Merrillville, will be back on center stage Friday night.  

The Vikings have one of the tightest defenses in the state, surrendering just 9 ppg.  Valpo can also light up the scoreboard, leading the Duneland at 41ppg.

Merrillville has been equally stingy on defense, allowing only 3 points more on the season that VHS, and the Pirates have the athletes to turn any game into a track meet.

With 6A north without a dominant ball club this year, could the DAC finally send one of its big boys to the 6A finals?

25 minutes ago, DT said:

Gotta love me some contraction

Got a feeling your HC might be contracted before too long.

Shots fired! (Though I’d say the Warren win bought him some extra time.)

Edited by Guest

46 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Shots fired! (Though I’d say the Warren win bought him some extra time.)

The last HC to fail at BD wound up as a head honcho in The Big Ten.  You just never know.  

7 hours ago, DT said:

How about both Merrillville and Valpo at LOS to rep 6A and 5A?

Will be the 1st time since 1985 two DAC teams played in the state finals.  Valpo lost to Warren Central in 5A and Hobart lost to Brownsburg in 4A.

This should be a great game as Mville is very talented and is great for region that they are back.  Congrats for Coach Seiss and whole staff.  The region is better when Mville is great.  The hot mess of Valpo has won 17-18 DAC games over the last 2 1/2 years, and beaten Penn 3 times

DT City has not been better then Valpo the past 4 years...stop saying that City has dominated the DAC ...they have not beat Valpo or won the DAC ...and you know it...I dont get why you keep on spewing a false narrative 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Just think @DT thought Coach Seiss should of been fired just last year.......... 

Glad to see him get things turned around.  Things are just better back home when Merrillville is in the hunt.  

2 hours ago, DT said:

Glad to see him get things turned around.  Things are just better back home when Merrillville is in the hunt.  

I’m nitpicking here and probably shouldn’t care as I’m not a millennial and into the uni combos. But, can they please put the Pirate back on the helmets!?! The all dark purple with no decals looks dull, imo.

Vikes by 17. Bucs not quite ready for a return to prime time. 

9 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I’m nitpicking here and probably shouldn’t care as I’m not a millennial and into the uni combos. But, can they please put the Pirate back on the helmets!?! The all dark purple with no decals looks dull, imo.

Or the big block M.  I agree, the helmets are dull. 

10 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Spot on.  Lafayette Jeff should be a great sectional matchup.