Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

16 hours ago, Cover 4 said:

I believe Pioneer has lost 2 home games since 2009

Coaches cant simulate the PIT to get ready for it. Weather, Crowd Noise, atmosphere, Game Prep, YES.

Painted Dirt... NO. We have had some of our top soils guys check it out. Its very unique.

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Cover 4 said:

I believe Pioneer has lost 2 home games since 2009

12 hours ago, SamBacker said:

Pioneer has lost 15 home games out of 119 since 2000. They have won 88% of home games. Since 2000 they have played 241 games total and have lost 34 of those game. They have won 86% of games since 2000.

Does JV count?   Asking for a friend!!!   :classic_love::classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, CoachDurham said:

Coaches cant simulate the PIT to get ready for it. Weather, Crowd Noise, atmosphere, Game Prep, YES.

Painted Dirt... NO. We have had some of our top soils guys check it out. Its very unique.

you forgot CLOCK OPERATOR 

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2019 at 3:09 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Culver at Caston ©, 7 pm
Knox at Pioneer ©, 7:30 pm
LaVille at Glenn, 7 pm
North Judson at Triton ©, 7:30 pm
Winamac at West Central, 7 pm

Culver at Caston, Culver 60-6

Knox at Pioneer, Pioneer 22-14

Laville at Glenn, Laville 35-14

North Judson at Triton, NJ 50-21

Winamac at West Central, Winamac 42-14

13 hours ago, SamBacker said:

Pioneer has lost 15 home games out of 119 since 2000. They have won 88% of home games. Since 2000 they have played 241 games total and have lost 34 of those game. They have won 86% of games since 2000.

Take out the home playoff losses and just look at regular season home losses and it looks much better!!

On 9/30/2019 at 8:43 PM, Ultimate Warrior said:

Had no idea that was even in consideration until i saw tweets in the middle of the season by a certain someone and you know exactly who im talking about. 

The state isn't stupid. We all saw what was going on and i know people on here and on Harrells called them out for it. 

Yeah, Pioneer really ran up the stats in the Winamac game last year.  Jack had 2 carries for 61 yards and 1 TD.  If someone was going after records, then wouldn't they call his number more than twice in the 2nd game of the year?  

Oh wait, maybe it was the Winamac Coach and the QB (Compton) trying to help set some records and running the stats up themselves, throwing 5 pick 6's (actually 4, but the 5th was returned to the 5 yard line so might as well count it).  How about run the ball and thus the clock!!

Keep searching Ultimate.  I'm sure you will find its all a conspiracy theory in the end.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coach-Ref_Kiser said:

Yeah, Pioneer really ran up the stats in the Winamac game last year.  Jack had 2 carries for 61 yards and 1 TD.  If someone was going after records, then wouldn't they call his number more than twice in the 2nd game of the year?  

Oh wait, maybe it was the Winamac Coach and the QB (Compton) trying to help set some records and running the stats up themselves, throwing 5 pick 6's (actually 4, but the 5th was returned to the 5 yard line so might as well count it).  How about run the ball and thus the clock!!

Keep searching Ultimate.  I'm sure you will find its all a conspiracy theory in the end.  

Hey hey hey look who’s back it’s been a while

• Haha 1

I forgot the digest had an ignore button. 

AK. You made it pretty aware you'd quit the digest if I were allowed back on. Why are you still posting? 

Anyway here is something pretty cool that's going on with the Caston/Culver game.... Biggest and best td scored in caston football history, heck even in HNAC history

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157357315631531&id=693846530

Caston doesn't have numbers nor a lot of talent but they seem to play hard, have a lot of heart. I respect those kids a lot. The Staff i certainly respect too. Same with Culver. Big respect for letting this happen. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

On 9/30/2019 at 8:43 PM, Ultimate Warrior said:

Had no idea that was even in consideration until i saw tweets in the middle of the season by a certain someone and you know exactly who im talking about. 

The state isn't stupid. We all saw what was going on and i know people on here and on Harrells called them out for it. 

What were they being called out on exactly? You don't want the score run up? Play better defense. You don't want shutout, play better offense. It's not Pioneer's coaches job to worry  about  your feelings. Their job is to put their people into the best possible position to be successful, both in life and on the field. Part of that is setting goals. If their players have goals that you don't want them to achieve, then try and stop them. It's really that simple. 

I really have a hard time understanding how their attempting to set records is so offensive. Why do they keep the records for if not to give teams something  to shoot for?

We got spirit yes we do .... we got spirit how 'bout you?

Seems there are personal citations here that go down to the roots.

We talking HNAC Week 7 or about this happened and I know who you are and all the coaches share a code name on this chat.  Pardon us while we reach for a program and history book to attempt at a GID education.

If you followed that, jump in line for a diploma signed by Coach Nowlin, notarized by WCGrad92 and authorized by the GID board.

as always,  the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/30/2019 at 2:09 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Here we are . . . Week #7 of the regular season.

Can Knox hang with Pioneer?

How does LaVille react following an emotional loss to Knox?

Pick 'em as you see 'em . . . . 

Friday, Oct. 4

Culver at Caston ©, 7 pm
Knox at Pioneer ©, 7:30 pm
LaVille at Glenn, 7 pm
North Judson at Triton ©, 7:30 pm
Winamac at West Central, 7 pm

Culver keeps running over people this week with a big 53-7 win

Laville loses a tough game to a good Knox team and now all I see on NIC thread its Glenn's week.   Not happening.     Laville 42-6

Judson should win this one but Triton at home seems to always be a tough out.   Judson 28- 14 win

Winamac finally hits easy part of schedule.  I'll say warriors 35-7

Knox has defense to slow down pioneer but no one can actually stop them.   That said I'm going with the upset.   Knox gets offense going and wins 27-22.      

Edited by Mayo77
  • Disdain 1

3 hours ago, nickelbackjack said:

What were they being called out on exactly? You don't want the score run up? Play better defense. You don't want shutout, play better offense. It's not Pioneer's coaches job to worry  about  your feelings. Their job is to put their people into the best possible position to be successful, both in life and on the field. Part of that is setting goals. If their players have goals that you don't want them to achieve, then try and stop them. It's really that simple. 

I really have a hard time understanding how their attempting to set records is so offensive. Why do they keep the records for if not to give teams something  to shoot for?

I agree teams need to come prepared to play.  I do think part of the high school gig involves teaching the kids good sportsmanship though.  I’m not familiar with the situation Warrior is referring to with Pioneer football, but do know their baseball coach put up over 50 runs vs West Central a few years back. From what I heard, the AD did the right thing in that instance and it didn’t end well for the coach

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AubbeenaubeeCav said:

I agree teams need to come prepared to play.  I do think part of the high school gig involves teaching the kids good sportsmanship though.  I’m not familiar with the situation Warrior is referring to with Pioneer football, but do know their baseball coach put up over 50 runs vs West Central a few years back. From what I heard, the AD did the right thing in that instance and it didn’t end well for the coach

Keeping your starters in on offense and defense after half when your up 48 to 0? Or 55-0? 

On a Purdue forum last year, a certain Pioneer poster had a conniption fit when people on there called them out for keeping their starters in against LCC and North Vermilion. People around the state saw that and as do others in our conference. Its just the main posters in these thread are either Pioneer coaches using multiple names, a couple Pioneer coaches who use 1 account and a LaVar Ball wanna be.. Then there's us... Then some certain posters who are so far up in the Panther staff's back side that they don't know what's night and what's day. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

24 minutes ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Keeping your starters in on offense and defense after half when your up 48 to 0? Or 55-0? 

On a Purdue forum last year, a certain Pioneer poster had a conniption fit when people on there called them out for keeping their starters in against LCC and North Vermilion. People around the state saw that and as do others in our conference. Its just the main posters in these thread are either Pioneer coaches using multiple names, a couple Pioneer coaches who use 1 account and a LaVar Ball wanna be.. Then there's us... Then some certain posters who are so far up in the Panther staff's back side that they don't know what's night and what's day. 

So players should only be allowed to play half a game for a game they put countless hours of work into? As a past player who put countless hours in, there was no way I was only going to play half a game. In past seasons I think it hurt some pioneer teams do to the fact they only played half to 3 quarters and when playoffs came they weren’t conditioned to go a full game. I will forever stand by the pioneer coaching staff for keeping players in to get them ready for the playoffs! As for KH maybe you should get the players putting in the work instead of crying about the amount of points that are scored on Winamac on a weekly basis!

8 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Leaving the starters in is a two way street. If I'm coaching I'm not sending my under sized and not completely developed freshman out there so your seniors can feel better about themselves and say yay we scored. I've seen that done and seen the freshman's career ended by a gruesome knee injury. Also, saw the senior who hit the kid stand over him and celebrate like he'd just won the Superbowl. There are ways to attempt to hold the score down without pulling all your starters. Like not giving the ball to v for best player/s. I don't have the stats in front of me but if be willing to bet Jack and Danny didn't have 25 second half runs in the second half of games all last year. Most games 0. So, here's an idea. How about we leave player personnel decisions to the coaches on both teams? They know more about their respective players than you it I do.

When I Played we had 60-70 guys on the team. If we blew someone out in the old Mid Indiana Conference we would only sub on offensive. We would have the whole Freshmen team out their trying to get a TD. We would never take our starting Defense out. Not saying we wouldn't sub at all on Defense but for the most part number one Defense was always in. A shut out to us was more important than the spread of the scores. We also were rewarded Donuts on Saturday to represent the big 0!

Man I love Donuts...

Edited by TheWaterBoii

1 hour ago, TheWaterBoii said:

When I Played we had 60-70 guys on the team. If we blew someone out in the old Mid Indiana Conference we would only sub on offensive. We would have the whole Freshmen team out their trying to get a TD. We would never take our starting Defense out. Not saying we wouldn't sub at all on Defense but for the most part number one Defense was always in. A shut out to us was more important than the spread of the scores. We also were rewarded Donuts on Saturday to represent the big 0!

Man I love Donuts...

Who doesn't love donuts?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Coach Murray said:

Who doesn't love donuts?

I know this guy loves donuts! 🍩

Honestly, what players and coaches have complained about Pioneer (or any team) or anyone keeping their starters in? You are talking about people on random forums complaining. They are just fans and individuals. The players and coaches for each team know what it takes each week to prepare and what the kids deserve better. I've been on the wrong end of a lot of scores lately, and each team handles their situation differently. It is not my place to judge, it is my place to get MY team to try and compete. 

It should be a big week for the HNAC. The Championship, or the front runner for the lead is decided this week.

Winamac has a huge rivalry week. I know the Trojans are hungry after not playing last week. Lets focus on things like this, rather than bringing up old vendettas that dont mean anything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

I know this guy loves donuts! 🍩

Honestly, what players and coaches have complained about Pioneer (or any team) or anyone keeping their starters in? You are talking about people on random forums complaining. They are just fans and individuals. The players and coaches for each team know what it takes each week to prepare and what the kids deserve better. I've been on the wrong end of a lot of scores lately, and each team handles their situation differently. It is not my place to judge, it is my place to get MY team to try and compete. 

It should be a big week for the HNAC. The Championship, or the front runner for the lead is decided this week.

Winamac has a huge rivalry week. I know the Trojans are hungry after not playing last week. Lets focus on things like this, rather than bringing up old vendettas that dont mean anything.

👏👏

Hercules Hercules Hercules...

Thanks CoachDurham

11 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

An athlete is only allowed five quarters of football a weekend. So let’s do the math Ultimate. If Pioneer takes their starters out after half who goes in? Pioneer doesn’t have 70+ kids standing on the sideline so that leaves the JV. So you want them to use two quarters of their five to save the confidence of their opponent? Stay with me here, and then they have a whole JV game which consists of wait... four quarters. Shocking I know. So if they played two on Friday and four on Saturday that’s six my friend. Which is illegal. So not only is it illegal but it’s needed for conditioning purposes. It’s not like Berry says let’s get a 100 on the board either, it appears to me as that is when he switches things up and try’s out new things. He puts the Vontoble kid at QB and Wireman at Fullback. It would be different if they did all this and then lost in sectionals or regionals but they don’t. They win, and they are dang good at it. What was it 66-0 in a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP? 

2 hours ago, Douglas65 said:

An athlete is only allowed five quarters of football a weekend. So let’s do the math Ultimate. If Pioneer takes their starters out after half who goes in? Pioneer doesn’t have 70+ kids standing on the sideline so that leaves the JV. So you want them to use two quarters of their five to save the confidence of their opponent? Stay with me here, and then they have a whole JV game which consists of wait... four quarters. Shocking I know. So if they played two on Friday and four on Saturday that’s six my friend. Which is illegal. So not only is it illegal but it’s needed for conditioning purposes. It’s not like Berry says let’s get a 100 on the board either, it appears to me as that is when he switches things up and try’s out new things. He puts the Vontoble kid at QB and Wireman at Fullback. It would be different if they did all this and then lost in sectionals or regionals but they don’t. They win, and they are dang good at it. What was it 66-0 in a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP? 

in 2019  its 6 quarters:   but only 4 SUB VARSITY quarters.    

Just saying 

Biggest Advice I can give that I learned from coaching:   WORRY ABOUT THINGS I HAVE CONTROL OVER

pretty simple stuff to me 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Last year Kiser, Gregorich, and others would stay on the field for parts of the second half, but only on defense. When Pioneer played teams like Caston and North White, I recall the coaches playing some skill players out of position and giving the second team players reps in the first quarter. 

Pioneer was good enough that they could have possibly doubled their season scoring total.

8 minutes ago, AG said:

Last year Kiser, Gregorich, and others would stay on the field for parts of the second half, but only on defense. When Pioneer played teams like Caston and North White, I recall the coaches playing some skill players out of position and giving the second team players reps in the first quarter. 

Pioneer was good enough that they could have possibly doubled their season scoring total.

Pioneer has a kid named Derek Wireman who racked up a lot of second half yards in blowouts. He had 336 yards rushing last year, 91 against Winamac on 12 carries. 

And to think that this post got out of hand because someone picked who he thought would win this weeks contests and because 1 person picked the wrong team, it lit the fuse of another.  I enjoy getting on this website, but seeing the same thing week after week gets really old. As a WC graduate, you know who I'm rooting for.....

Not only is this rivalry week between the Warriors and Trojans, but it is also  Military Appreciation Night as we acknowledge the men and women of Pulaski Co who have and are serving our country.  They will be introduced @ halftime of the Battle of the Tomahawk!!!

• Thanks 3