Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Louisville Trinity vs. Cathedral at Arlington

16 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

That's a huge ravine back there and don't believe Cathedral owns that property, Fatima does. There's also a neighborhood to the East that has an ordinance preventing lights from going up. Even if all that was in Cathedral's control and they could construct a stadium, parking would be a nightmare. Cathedral doesn't have enough parking as is for the students and faculty.

Arlington doesn't seem to have as much parking as Cathedral. Do fans park at the Devington Plaza shopping center?

Just now, PHJIrish said:

Irish 28, Louisville Trinity 7!  It was a classic win for the Irish.  Trinity was #6 in the USA Today Midwest rankings.

What a statement.. I believe this is Trinity’s 2nd loss on the year.. (Male beat them in OT).. Huge win for the Irish. 

8 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

What a statement.. I believe this is Trinity’s 2nd loss on the year.. (Male beat them in OT).. Huge win for the Irish. 

Both of Trinity's losses were on grass fields, at least that's what I was told tonight.  The Arlington field held up well again.  It looks like there will be more high school games there in the future.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

The Irish are not worrying about New Pal now, they have Brebeuf Jesuit and Center Grove to worry about first.  Oh and then there's the sectionals.

We get it.  But we’re FANS...and this is a MESSAGE BOARD.

Nothing said on here has any impact on the games...

10 hours ago, Temptation said:

We get it.  But we’re FANS...and this is a MESSAGE BOARD.

Nothing said on here has any impact on the games...

Well, you don't seem to be a FAN of Cathedral football.  Lots of negativity towards them in fact.  Give cred where it's due.  This was, by any means, a major upset.  Trinity had beaten Carmel and Warren Central, for heaven's sake.

Maybe you should come out and watch the Irish play sometime and see for yourself that this is a good football team.  And they play under the same rules as every other school in the state of Indiana, just ask Bobby Cox who has very little if any love for Cathedral football.  If they were doing anything illegal, Bobby would be all over it.

I've attended Cathedral football games for over 60 years and this was a very big win last night.  I'm sorry that the local press didn't see it as such but this was a signature win for a school that has had quite a few of them.  I believe that Channel 59 in Indianapolis was the only TV channel to have highlights of this game and the Indy Star ignored it entirely.  Also the Cathedral crowd was a bit sparse last night.  For those who missed this game,  you missed a big one!  Games like last night don't happen that often!

Having said all that, I hope the Irish do not have a letdown against Brebeuf Jesuit next week.  The Irish have been pretty level in their play this season but sometimes you overlook certain opponents.  They only have to look back a few years when a talent loaded Cathedral team traveled to Brebeuf and got their behinds handed to 'em.  Mic Roessler was offensive Co-Ordinator at Cathedral for many years and he's love nothing better than to have his team do it again!

Orin Edwards has become the Irish career leader in TD passes and yardage  and Camden Jordan is nearing the season record for TD receptions in a single season.  Hats off to these fine young men!

Edited by PHJIrish

30 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

Well, you don't seem to be a FAN of Cathedral football.  Lots of negativity towards them in fact.  Give cred where it's due.  This was, by any means, a major upset.  Trinity had beaten Carmel and Warren Central, for heaven's sake.

Maybe you should come out and watch the Irish play sometime and see for yourself that this is a good football team.  And they play under the same rules as every other school in the state of Indiana, just ask Bobby Cox who has very little if any love for Cathedral football.  If they were doing anything illegal, Bobby would be all over it.

PLEASE show me where I disrespected Cathedral.  If anything, I’m giving them respect by saying that the “one game at a time” mantra doesn’t apply to fans.

In my mind, they are the 3rd/4th best team in Indiana right now.

Now I do “disrespect” a couple of Irish posters on here because they’ve done nothing to earn it.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

PLEASE show me where I disrespected Cathedral.  If anything, I’m giving them respect by saying that the “one game at a time” mantra doesn’t apply to fans.

Now I do “disrespect” a couple of Irish posters on here because they’ve done nothing to earn it.

100% agreed and we all know who the 2 Irish posters are that argue back and forth.  

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Careful T, next thing you know he’ll accuse you of being from Avon. All of Avon disrespects Cathedral! 😂😂😂

Just now, Staxawax said:

Careful T, next thing you know he’ll accuse you of being from Avon. All of Avon disrespects Cathedral! 😂😂😂

I’ve just learned not to care about people’s feelings. 😂  2019 the year of “let’s cry if we don’t like something” Majority of Cathedral fans are very knowledgeable, but they have 2 absolute clowns that post on here as well.