Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big 8 Week 7

3 minutes ago, Cat02 said:

Too bad Jasper can't play GS if the talk is Pike Central might be forfeiting. 

It's probably way too late in the deal for this, but would the IHSAA allow something like this?

Gibson Southern sends their varsity to play Jasper on Friday night, then sends their JV/Freshmen to play Pike Central on Saturday?  Or both could play Friday - again, I  don't know if bylaws have any rules against it.

I think that kind of set up could have been beneficial for all parties, if they could have come to agreement.    

31 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

It's probably way too late in the deal for this, but would the IHSAA allow something like this?

Gibson Southern sends their varsity to play Jasper on Friday night, then sends their JV/Freshmen to play Pike Central on Saturday?  Or both could play Friday - again, I  don't know if bylaws have any rules against it.

I think that kind of set up could have been beneficial for all parties, if they could have come to agreement.    

I doubt it would happen, I would say its too late. I don't know the rules or the time you need to pick up another team. Plus PC hasn't forfeited and said they would even with the amount of players they have. We can dream though.

18 hours ago, Cat02 said:

Too bad Jasper can't play GS if the talk is Pike Central might be forfeiting. 

This would be an outstanding matchup given what transpired last Friday. Jasper is as good, if not close to HH in the trenches. 

And related to forfeitures...I heard earlier in the week that Washington could be in the same boat as Pike Central with only 16 on the roster. So far, nothing’s been mentioned about a cancellation so I hope it doesn’t happen.

6 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

This would be an outstanding matchup given what transpired last Friday. Jasper is as good, if not close to HH in the trenches. 

And related to forfeitures...I heard earlier in the week that Washington could be in the same boat as Pike Central with only 16 on the roster. So far, nothing’s been mentioned about a cancellation so I hope it doesn’t happen.

Two weeks ago Washington has 26 players dressed against Mt Vernon. Also another 6 or 7 guys in jerseys and shorts or jeans on the sideline. 

8 hours ago, sr1 said:

Two weeks ago Washington has 26 players dressed against Mt Vernon. Also another 6 or 7 guys in jerseys and shorts or jeans on the sideline. 

7 hours ago, Titan32 said:

No indication that I have heard of regarding a PC forfeit.

I was just told the Hatchets had some kids quit and that there were several injuries that knocked them down to under 20 active players. I learned today that they did send film to the Lincoln staff. So evidently there will be football this Friday. 

As far as the Pikers, all I knew was what I read in another thread.

23 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

I was just told the Hatchets had some kids quit and that there were several injuries that knocked them down to under 20 active players. I learned today that they did send film to the Lincoln staff. So evidently there will be football this Friday. 

As far as the Pikers, all I knew was what I read in another thread.

Looks like Jasper fans won't get to see much action until the Mt. Vernon game Oct 18th

• Like 1