Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 7 in the MIC/HCC

5-3 last week...41-15 on the season...1 game ahead of Neddenriep...

MIC

Carmel @ Ben Davis - Two teams headed in opposite directions?  Sure seems so.  Carmel's offense could not get anything going against North Central last week whereas BD seems to have found its stride after the big rivalry win against Warren.  Both teams possibly at a crossroads here as Carmel needs the win to stay alive in the conference race, whereas BD needs it to continue to build confidence and keep rolling as the tournament approaches.  Weeks ago, I would have predicted a double digit win for Carmel.  Now, I think this one comes down to the last possession (as games between these two schools often do).  I'll stick with Carmel 27-23 but am not extremely confident about it.

Lawrence Central @ North Central - Two teams headed in opposite directions part 2?  Lawrence Central's struggles have been well documented on this board and it doesn't get any easier this week as they head to the north side to take on arguably the most intriguing/most improved team in 6A.  North Central has been playing better than anyone as of late and has really opened some eyes.  They roll this week.  28-13 Panthers.

Pike @ Center Grove - I am honestly starting to feel bad for Pike as it is obvious they are a MUCH improved team over last year, it just has not showed up in the win column as of yet.  As stated in other threads, I think that CG is picking up steam as the tournament progresses and will feast on Pike this week.  I'll take CG 31-13.

Warren Central @ Lawrence North - Warren put any rumors of a "post BD hangover" to bed with a great first half against Pike last week as they cruised to victory.  LN returned home for the first time in four weeks and laid an egg against BD.  The Wildcats get another chance this week with a big time opponent coming to town but I just don't see it.  I will take Warren 27-14.

HCC

Franklin Central @ Fishers - The Flashes blew a golden opportunity last week in losing to Noblesville after a hot start.  It doesn't get any easier this week as a Fishers team who is licking its wounds is awaiting.  I'll take the Tigers here.  Fishers wins 34-17.

Noblesville @ Hamilton Southeastern - Hamilton Southeastern is quietly improving week after week whereas Noblesville should be feeling good after getting in the win column for the first time last week.  The Millers keep it close early but ultimately fall 24-14.

Westfield @ Avon - The Orioles overcame a slow start and used the opposite blueprint of their previous trip to Fishers as they responded after going down 14-0.  Westfield is reeling a bit after consecutive losses.  Avon keeps rolling.  Avon 37-21.

Zionsville @ Brownsburg - Brownsburg is getting no love in the coaches poll despite being the only team to really press top-ranked Avon deep into the fourth quarter.  Zionsville has not been particularly sharp this fall and a trip to Brownsburg is not a recipe for getting on track.  I'll take Brownsburg 34-20.

Not making excuses but things seem WAY too cut and dry for the HCC home teams this week.  SOMEONE is going down, but I just don't know who.  I am not confident enough to pick any of the road teams but this seems way too straightforward.

6 hours ago, Temptation said:

Not making excuses but things seem WAY too cut and dry for the HCC home teams this week.  SOMEONE is going down, but I just don't know who.  I am not confident enough to pick any of the road teams but this seems way too straightforward.

I don't think anyone is going down.  Even though I see more parity in this league than ever, teams have been pretty consistent in their play.  Noblesville's win over FC last week was maybe the 1st upset of the year.  Even if you switched all the games to the away team's field, I'd still pick it the same way.

11 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Call it a feeling. I did once pick the Buffalo Bills to win the Super Bowl.

I agree that Pike is going to get SOMEONE as its just a matter of time.  Just not sure its this week...

On 10/1/2019 at 3:47 PM, Staxawax said:

Ben Davis beats Carmel this week.

Carmel beats Warren Central next week.

That would set up the scenario of a Ben Davis/North Central battle in week #9 for the MIC Conference championship!

Hey, it could happen!

Let the chips fall where they may!

North Central has never won a conference championship since the MIC was founded in 1996. I will be surprised. I've been thinking about it.

1 hour ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

North Central has never won a conference championship since the MIC was founded in 1996. I will be surprised. I've been thinking about it.

They actually did, but had to forfeit a victory to Ben Davis because they played an academically ineligible player on one special team late in the game.  Most places would have not reported it.  NC did.......... it was in the like 1999 or 2000. So yes you are right, but with an *.   I Believe Jason Lee was the QB that year and Marion County Sherriff ( now IMPD) and frequent JMV caller Bobby Jefferson was a starting LBer.

1 hour ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Always finds a way to throw shade...

3 hours ago, Coach P said:

They actually did, but had to forfeit a victory to Ben Davis because they played an academically ineligible player on one special team late in the game.  Most places would have not reported it.  NC did.......... it was in the like 1999 or 2000. So yes you are right, but with an *.   I Believe Jason Lee was the QB that year and Marion County Sherriff ( now IMPD) and frequent JMV caller Bobby Jefferson was a starting LBer.

1997...John Harrell refuses to recognize the forfeit, though...even though it very clearly happened.

If not THIS YEAR, then when?

FOUR weeks ago NC and BD were left for dead and WC and Carmel were thought to be the elite MIC teams.  CG was thought to be biding it’s time.

Now it’s October and NC and BD are the two hottest teams in the league and WC/Carmel have putrid QB play...

Not sure what to think anymore.

Anyone wish to send advice on my 6A poll teams 3-10 this week?  I’m all ears.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

FOUR weeks ago NC and BD were left for dead and WC and Carmel were thought to be the elite MIC teams.  CG was thought to be biding it’s time.

Now it’s October and NC and BD are the two hottest teams in the league and WC/Carmel have putrid QB play...

Im just curious if Carson Steele is going to play this year 

9 hours ago, Temptation said:

Homestead anywhere in your top 5. Snider anywhere in your top 10. I don't even know where to  begin with the MIC. Carmel won't make it past regionals..........might not get that far. The HCC might have the two best teams in the state. Merrillville might be worthy of top 10, might not. Lafayette Jeff might be worthy of top 5, might not. How good is Westfield? How good is Pike? How good is Carroll? This is borderline insane trying to figure out. Might as well just drop the 6a poll and let the playoffs decide. 

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

Homestead anywhere in your top 5. Snider anywhere in your top 10. I don't even know where to  begin with the MIC. Carmel won't make it past regionals..........might not get that far. The HCC might have the two best teams in the state. Merrillville might be worthy of top 10, might not. Lafayette Jeff might be worthy of top 5, might not. How good is Westfield? How good is Pike? How good is Carroll? This is borderline insane trying to figure out. Might as well just drop the 6a poll and let the playoffs decide. 

Avon is looking like anything BUT a top 5 team.  An average Westfield team could have won last night.  They moved the ball well, and were aided by numerous penalties (at least half a dozen personal fouls).  Avon is dying on the vine.  Look for Brownsburg to come out of that sectional.

Having said this, I think any one of 7-8 teams could go on a run to LOS.  Brownsburg, Avon, Warren, Homestead, Snider, Center Grove, North Central, Ben Davis, Lafayette Jeff........

53 minutes ago, BTF said:

Not ONLY in my top 5.  Put em third this week.  No lack of respect from this guy.

43 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Avon is looking like anything BUT a top 5 team.  An average Westfield team could have won last night.  They moved the ball well, and were aided by numerous penalties (at least half a dozen personal fouls).  Avon is dying on the vine.  Look for Brownsburg to come out of that sectional.

Having said this, I think any one of 7-8 teams could go on a run to LOS.  Brownsburg, Avon, Warren, Homestead, Snider, Center Grove, North Central, Ben Davis, Lafayette Jeff........

It’s a week to week deal in high school and college football.  Avon is much more defined by holding Brownsburg to three points and running BD out of their own stadium.

The two sports are full of weekly “hot takes”.  Two weeks ago “experts” awarded Clemson a playoff spot and declared they’d run the table with little resistance.  A week later, those same folks are questioning their playoff worthiness.

These are kids man.

Edited by Guest