Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 7 in the MIC/HCC

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

It’s a week to week deal in high school and college football.  Avon is much more defined by holding Brownsburg to three points and running BD out of their own stadium.

The two sports are full of weekly “hot takes”.  Two weeks ago “experts” awarded Clemson a playoff spot and declared they’d run the table with little resistance.  A week later, those same folks are questioning their playoff worthiness.

These are kids man.

Nobody is running BD out now. Vast improvement   I’m not seeing improvement out of Avon. 

45 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Nobody is running BD out now. Vast improvement   I’m not seeing improvement out of Avon. 

BD is getting healthier and getting some players back. The arrow is pointed up for sure. I'm becoming more sure about them each week. If this team we've seen the last three weeks keeps showing up, anything is possible this year.

4 hours ago, BTF said:

That's where I had them. 

Also worth mentioning that I’ve seen Avon, Brownsburg, BD, Warren, Carmel, and NC in person.  Caught some of the Jeff/WL game in week 1.

Haven’t seen Homestead, Fishers, Snider, HSE.

Mentioned those 6a schools as they’d be my top 11 right now for what it’s worth.

On 10/5/2019 at 9:47 AM, Staxawax said:

Avon is looking like anything BUT a top 5 team.  An average Westfield team could have won last night.  They moved the ball well, and were aided by numerous penalties (at least half a dozen personal fouls).  Avon is dying on the vine.  Look for Brownsburg to come out of that sectional.

Having said this, I think any one of 7-8 teams could go on a run to LOS.  Brownsburg, Avon, Warren, Homestead, Snider, Center Grove, North Central, Ben Davis, Lafayette Jeff........

Stax,

Westfield is not average, if in 5a they would play in the State championship.......  Probably better offensively then they have ever been.  I think the top of the HCC is better then it has ever been and the winner of the Avon- Brownsburg sectional will have a very good chance to be in the State Championship.  Give credit where credit is due.... Westfield always plays Avon very well.  Avon is absolutely a top 5 team.  Defensively Avon is better then Brownsburg... Offensively its a toss up. IMHO NC is over rated.  For the first time ever, there is more balance in 6a then ever.  Upsets could happen in every week.

20 hours ago, BTF said:

You state that like it's a fact. Valpo and Dwenger are pretty good. 

I state that like it is my opinion........  We are better offensively then we were in 2016 and close to where we were in 2013 minus a Nick Ferrar. Would be happy to play either.

7 hours ago, Coach P said:

I state that like it is my opinion........  We are better offensively then we were in 2016 and close to where we were in 2013 minus a Nick Ferrar. Would be happy to play either.

I'm sure you would be happy to play either. But your not in 5a, so not gonna happen. Sectional 4 awaits. Good luck. 

8 hours ago, Coach P said:

Someone claiming to be a “coach” in his bio/username dropping “we” in a disagreement about a hypothetical contest?

Yikes.  You do you Westfield.

Edited by Guest

12 hours ago, Temptation said:

Someone claiming to be a “coach” in his bio/username dropping “we” in a disagreement about a hypothetical contest?

Yikes.  You do you Westfield.

I won't  justify your claiming to be a coach comment.  I did not realize we weren't allowed to have opinions.   Not sure this is a disagreement and not sure why its a big deal. This forum is all about opinion and speculation. Compared to the old days, this forum is extremely tame (remember Rome).  Not trying to anger or argue with anyone. I just simply based on experience stated an opinion.  I have been wrong in my opinions before as have most of you.   My whole point was that 6A is more balanced then ever. 

BTF: Westfield will be ok in Sectional 4 and I appreciate your well wishes.  Good Luck to you and Snider as well.