Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Referee shortage

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

In order to solve the issue, I think it is important we look at all options. There are many crews simply wasting their time on friday nights at 1a football games.

We wouldnt even have to contract all of 1a football, if we removed just half of these teams, we could easily have enough zebras for everyone else.

Or at a New Palenstine vs. Shelbyville football game.   Or at a Western Boone vs. Frankfort football game.

10 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Or at a New Palenstine vs. Shelbyville football game.   Or at a Western Boone vs. Frankfort football game.

I happen to know the crew working the Shelbyville New Pal game. They are driving from Evansville!! When there was a possibility the game wouldn't be played I expect they weren't heartbroken. Blowouts are the hardest games to work because you have to work harder to concentrate every play. Close games are fun because it's easy to concentrate. And they aren't stressful because you don't care how each play or the game ends. They are just another play.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, JustRules said:

I happen to know the crew working the Shelbyville New Pal game. They are driving from Evansville!! When there was a possibility the game wouldn't be played I expect they weren't heartbroken. Blowouts are the hardest games to work because you have to work harder to concentrate every play. Close games are fun because it's easy to concentrate. And they aren't stressful because you don't care how each play or the game ends. They are just another play.

Further evidence to give me a whistle...

45 minutes ago, Rodney said:

In order to solve the issue, I think it is important we look at all options. There are many crews simply wasting their time on friday nights at 1a football games.

We wouldnt even have to contract all of 1a football, if we removed just half of these teams, we could easily have enough zebras for everyone else.

I realize this is a troll, but at the same time as an official give me a good game regardless of class any day. 

In close games there are pivotal plays. Where everyone is laser focused, you know you have to be good on this play. There are a handful of games over the course of your career where every play of the game is like this. These games are rare, and among the most fun to work. And if you're fortunate enough to walk off the field knowing you had it covered, there is no better feeling in the world. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1st and Goal said:

What do they make a game out of curiosity 

HS varsity most pay $75-$85/game. I"m not sure of sub-varsity since I don't work it any longer but I believe it's $50-$60/game. I do know one conference does double headers on Saturday morning with freshman/JV and they pay $125 to work both games.

10 hours ago, Rodney said:

1a apologist downvoting blockades

maybe because your dumb crusade to downgrade schools who are in classification of 1a is the reason??   I don't know, maybe just that or your ideals of getting ride of an entire classification of football is beyond comprehension. 

I would pay top dollar for you to go up to Coach Larry "Bud" Wright and tell him his 400 plus wins and 9 state championships are pointless.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

maybe because your dumb crusade to downgrade schools who are in classification of 1a is the reason??   I don't know, maybe just that or your ideals of getting ride of an entire classification of football is beyond comprehension. 

I would pay top dollar for you to go up to Coach Larry "Bud" Wright and tell him his 400 plus wins and 9 state championships are pointless.   

Word!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

And make sure you wear a helmet @Rodney so we all can watch Bud grab the fask mask and "lower you to his level".  LOL

Edited by 1st_and_10
  • Haha 4