Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue Basketball

Coach Nowlin

left for dead at 6-5 after crossroads loss to ND, Painter gets the attention of his team through his post game comments, since then, young guys have accepted their role, coaches have shuffled the deck and fine tuned how they are attacking and their All American has started to trust the process more with guys around him.   Now 14-6 and one of the hottest teams in America, all starts with defensive effort provided by former walk on now SR Captain Grady Eifert 

Been fun to watch and loved going back telling all my Purdue chicken littles now after the fact they should of listened to me when I said trust in Painter and COACHING.   

I've been impressed by Trevion Williams this year. I remember last year that he grabbed 36 rebounds in a game, but he played for a school that was the size of an Indiana 2A. I wasn't sure how his talent would translate to the B1G or whether or not he could get into game shape. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/2761210002

I've been having a hard time even keeping up with my team(Kentucky) but I have seen a couple of minutes of the Boilers. It was the road game at Michigan State so it wasn't good lol.

Is Purdue the best Big 10 team? Or is it still Sparty? My outsider opinion is that the conference is down as a whole. 

MICHIGAN:  best team and one of the best coaches in the nation.   

Michigan State has shooting problems outride of PG Winston,  the Langford injury hurts them in that respect.  MSU big men are inconsistent it seems.   

Most national media folks believe B10 was looking at 8-9 teams.   Latest seed line from Delphi:  A place I would consider top notch in bracketology :  http://www.delphibracketology.com/2019-seed-list.html    they have 9 big 10 teams in tournament which includes IU

Idk about that latest list but like I said I try to keep up with UK and the SEC. I feel like the SEC only having 7 teams isn't enough. The conference is better at the top and has more depth than in previous years. I'm also really not sure about IU getting in....

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:44 PM, RipZGo said:

Idk about that latest list but like I said I try to keep up with UK and the SEC. I feel like the SEC only having 7 teams isn't enough. The conference is better at the top and has more depth than in previous years. I'm also really not sure about IU getting in....

IU has one of the best non-conference resumes in the country, but they've absolutely fizzled in the B1G.

1 hour ago, AG said:

IU has one of the best non-conference resumes in the country, but they've absolutely fizzled in the B1G.

Their non con resume had just one win against a top 25, Marquette, when they entered conference play. Louisville and MSU are the only other ranked teams they have beaten this year. I don't think they have a chance of making the tournament; with a B1G tourney championship being the ONLY way they do. I see 3 more wins at most out of the remaining games. A 16 win team does not make the tourney.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 4:47 PM, Irishman said:

Will he? or Won't he?

https://www.hammerandrails.com/2019/3/7/18255239/purdue-ucla-matt-painter-rumors

It would be a mistake on his part, in my opinion, but they definitely have money in athletics that Purdue can't match. The iron is hot right now though. The post season could be a factor.

I just cannot fathom, even if Money is more, Coach Painter leaving to UCLA.   Its a different breed out there and not sure those folks would appreciate his honestly in recruiting and playing time.  IE:  He does it his way and not the shoe companies way!!! 

21 hours ago, SenatorFan said:

Good Luck to the Boilers in the B1G tourney except should IU make it to the finals. A real longshot for sure. Personally I think it will be an all Michigan final, but would love to see an all Indiana final.

I wish I had some extra cash,  Friday Night:   Tickets were like 50 bucks,  or 100 for right behind the basket 4 rows .  

Scary 1st game for Boilers:  Penn St is as HOT as anyone right now with talent and Minnesota has been a matchup nightmare for Boilers this year, lost in the Barn and also if you remember, was down 14 in 2nd half in Mackey as well 

I do not think PU had any chance to get to a 2 seed, if they beat Minny, Michigan, and Michigan st all in a row, I guess they could of squeezed into a 2, but I am FINE with that 3 seed and they are with Tennessee and Virginia and NOT

Zags, Duke, NC, Kentucky, Michigan, Michigan st. 

I will take that in a heartbeat.    

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:46 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

I do not think PU had any chance to get to a 2 seed, if they beat Minny, Michigan, and Michigan st all in a row, I guess they could of squeezed into a 2, but I am FINE with that 3 seed and they are with Tennessee and Virginia and NOT

Zags, Duke, NC, Kentucky, Michigan, Michigan st. 

I will take that in a heartbeat.    

Nice drubbing of the defending champs!!   Next stop...the KFC Yum! center and a Sweet 16 bout with Rocky Top.....

• Like 1

I am guessing Purdue fans are still in shock and cannot yet move from where they were at the end of that game. That was nuts. It sure seemed like if Cline does not get that 4th foul, Tennessee never gets back in the game. Great win for Purdue.....yeah, that kinda hurt saying that. 🙂

• 7 months later...

liked seeing Eric Hunter score in game one now that he has more consistent minutes.  

Wheeler looked the part   

Haarms did well 

Post feeds need to improve but sometimes its hard to feed it against a very small team   

Texas on Saturday without Sasha and banged up Nojel   

Looks like Painter is red shirting Gillis and Newman