2019 Head Coach Openings Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Coach Nowlin

Purdue Basketball

left for dead at 6-5 after crossroads loss to ND, Painter gets the attention of his team through his post game comments, since then, young guys have accepted their role, coaches have shuffled the deck and fine tuned how they are attacking and their All American has started to trust the process more with guys around him.   Now 14-6 and one of the hottest teams in America, all starts with defensive effort provided by former walk on now SR Captain Grady Eifert 

Been fun to watch and loved going back telling all my Purdue chicken littles now after the fact they should of listened to me when I said trust in Painter and COACHING.   

We will see. They have been impressive, but even Clappy had nice runs each year in Bloomington only to fizzle at the end. 

Haarms at the 4 sparking a huge run when Boilers were dead to rights.  

That was nice move by Coach Painter 

• Like 2

I've been impressed by Trevion Williams this year. I remember last year that he grabbed 36 rebounds in a game, but he played for a school that was the size of an Indiana 2A. I wasn't sure how his talent would translate to the B1G or whether or not he could get into game shape. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/2761210002

I've been having a hard time even keeping up with my team(Kentucky) but I have seen a couple of minutes of the Boilers. It was the road game at Michigan State so it wasn't good lol.

Is Purdue the best Big 10 team? Or is it still Sparty? My outsider opinion is that the conference is down as a whole. 

MICHIGAN:  best team and one of the best coaches in the nation.   

Michigan State has shooting problems outride of PG Winston,  the Langford injury hurts them in that respect.  MSU big men are inconsistent it seems.   

Most national media folks believe B10 was looking at 8-9 teams.   Latest seed line from Delphi:  A place I would consider top notch in bracketology :  http://www.delphibracketology.com/2019-seed-list.html    they have 9 big 10 teams in tournament which includes IU

Idk about that latest list but like I said I try to keep up with UK and the SEC. I feel like the SEC only having 7 teams isn't enough. The conference is better at the top and has more depth than in previous years. I'm also really not sure about IU getting in....

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:44 PM, RipZGo said:

Idk about that latest list but like I said I try to keep up with UK and the SEC. I feel like the SEC only having 7 teams isn't enough. The conference is better at the top and has more depth than in previous years. I'm also really not sure about IU getting in....

IU has one of the best non-conference resumes in the country, but they've absolutely fizzled in the B1G.

Right. And they're trending downward it seems. If it's borderline, they'll get in because NCAA wants IU fanbase's money. 

1 hour ago, AG said:

IU has one of the best non-conference resumes in the country, but they've absolutely fizzled in the B1G.

Their non con resume had just one win against a top 25, Marquette, when they entered conference play. Louisville and MSU are the only other ranked teams they have beaten this year. I don't think they have a chance of making the tournament; with a B1G tourney championship being the ONLY way they do. I see 3 more wins at most out of the remaining games. A 16 win team does not make the tourney.