Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Linton Miners vs the Thunderbirds of Eastern-Greene

The predictor tool says the Miners by 59.5 points.   It looks like Harrell is being kind with a prediction of 45 - 7.  This one will probably be over right after the coin toss.  Leave the women and children at home.  It's gonna get ugly.  Too bad the Thunderbird program is going backwards after that state run they had just a couple of years ago.  It seemed like they were finally going in the right direction.

15 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

The predictor tool says the Miners by 59.5 points.   It looks like Harrell is being kind with a prediction of 45 - 7.  This one will probably be over right after the coin toss.  Leave the women and children at home.  It's gonna get ugly.  Too bad the Thunderbird program is going backwards after that state run they had just a couple of years ago.  It seemed like they were finally going in the right direction.

The Eastern program has always been very fragile.  This latest coaching change fiasco along with senior graduation losses has caused a real setback.

1 hour ago, kingtut said:

The Eastern program has always been very fragile.  This latest coaching change fiasco along with senior graduation losses has caused a real setback.

Yeah I wasn't going to bring up the coaching woes that Eastern has had.  It's a shame that crap like that still has to happen in the 21st century.  Adults having the need to live life with a junior high mentality.  The players and the fans have to suffer because of some parent's agenda.  Total BS.

• Thanks 1

Who's hungry? Because I'm here to serve farm fresh fart sandwiches for one and all. Bon Appetit!

I know you all want to gloat because the Parke Heritage Wolfs lost the game Friday. That is your right to do with what you want. However, I don't look at life through rose colored glasses because I live in reality. I believe the Wolfs are still a better team than the Miners.

I think the Wolfs would win because their run and gun style of offense would be a nightmare for the Miners to try to defend.  

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Who's hungry? Because I'm here to serve farm fresh fart sandwiches for one and all. Bon Appetit!

I know you all want to gloat because the Parke Heritage Wolfs lost the game Friday. That is your right to do with what you want. However, I don't look at life through rose colored glasses because I live in reality. I believe the Wolfs are still a better team than the Miners.

I think the Wolfs would win because their run and gun style of offense would be a nightmare for the Miners to try to defend.  

Dude are you a troll? This is a Linton thread. Hit the road end zone guy

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, globemstr3 said:

Dude are you a troll? This is a Linton thread. Hit the road end zone guy

How dare you Sir? I am a lover of the Wabash River Conference. I look at Parke Heritage and Linton and think of what a great game I think it would be, with the advantage going to the Wolfs due to their style of offense. 

I just want to talk football.

• Disdain 1

5 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

How dare you Sir? I am a lover of the Wabash River Conference. I look at Parke Heritage and Linton and think of what a great game I think it would be, with the advantage going to the Wolfs due to their style of offense. 

I just want to talk football.

This thread has nothing to do with PH-Linton. Don't you get it?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

But wouldn't it be neat if they played each other this year?

I have no idea about the future prospects the PH football program, but if this year's success is an indication of future success, then yes, I agree PH would be a nice addition to the Miner schedule.  But as someone previously stated, PH had the opportunity but declined.  I don't personally  know that to be a fact.  FWIW, I think the Miners would have the edge this year. 

3 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Okay "Mr. Reality"".  Here's some reality for you:  North Vermillion 42  PH 36.  Linton 38  North Vermillion 20.  You have no concept of reality.  Your posts are all based on what if's.  PH had the chance to schedule Linton and turned it down.  At least the Falcons aren't afraid to play against good competition.  And what is there to gloat about?  Your team lost, and guess what?  We could care less.  Believing in something or having an opinion isn't reality.  You want to talk football, that's fine.  But talking meaningless smack isn't talking football.  

PH's passing would give us trouble.. but I can guarantee we'd be the best over all defense they will have faced.. and that MIner offense can move the ball with the best of them.   

As for the EG game.. All I hope is we get out of  the game without any injuries.  I suspect a lot of guys with any nagging bumps and bruises don't even suit up.  I'm sure the guys will want to play.. and they should play... but I suspect we could see 2nd teamers working with 1st teamers for experience before turning the youngsters loose in what will likely be the quickest 2nd half in years.  I also think you'll see some work on some of the passing game...maybe getting guys involved like Puckett at TE.  

I haven't really even looked at Eastern to be honest.. .I know it has been really weak.  Hard to believe just a couple years ago they were playing for state title...and as well were solid last year...  I wonder if there has been any other fall from state title game to this level this quick ever.  I feel for the kids because it's tough.. and you gotta give respect to them for coming out there week in and week putting in the effort.  I think anyone with football sense knew this was going to be one of those years for Eastern...but it was made worse with all the off field issues....they could have been better off keeping that coaching staff intact that knew the kids and kids knew them.  Starting from scratch is tough enough without turnover at the top. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

PH's passing would give us trouble.. but I can guarantee we'd be the best over all defense they will have faced.. and that MIner offense can move the ball with the best of them.   

As for the EG game.. All I hope is we get out of  the game without any injuries.  I suspect a lot of guys with any nagging bumps and bruises don't even suit up.  I'm sure the guys will want to play.. and they should play... but I suspect we could see 2nd teamers working with 1st teamers for experience before turning the youngsters loose in what will likely be the quickest 2nd half in years.  I also think you'll see some work on some of the passing game...maybe getting guys involved like Puckett at TE.  

I haven't really even looked at Eastern to be honest.. .I know it has been really weak.  Hard to believe just a couple years ago they were playing for state title...and as well were solid last year...  I wonder if there has been any other fall from state title game to this level this quick ever.  I feel for the kids because it's tough.. and you gotta give respect to them for coming out there week in and week putting in the effort.  I think anyone with football sense knew this was going to be one of those years for Eastern...but it was made worse with all the off field issues....they could have been better off keeping that coaching staff intact that knew the kids and kids knew them.  Starting from scratch is tough enough without turnover at the top. 

The Falcons just dropped 42 on that PH "defense".  "Nuff said.

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Sounds like Eastern Greene should consider contracting their football program.   Stick to basketball like their superior neighbor, Bloomfield.

I don't know Muda... Eastern Greene folks really took a liking to football.. their home games ..even in the years they were struggling to be competitive prior to their state run a couple years ago... were always hugely attended things.  Very big support from the communities that make up EG.  Even Bloomfield tried to get football going for the Cardinals but we all knew that would never happen.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

I don't know Muda... Eastern Greene folks really took a liking to football.. their home games ..even in the years they were struggling to be competitive prior to their state run a couple years ago... were always hugely attended things.  Very big support from the communities that make up EG.  Even Bloomfield tried to get football going for the Cardinals but we all knew that would never happen.  

Joey Paridaen was head coach at Eastern Greene for 4 years (2014 - 2017).  HIs record was 5 - 5, 8 - 3, 10 - 3, and 14 - 1.  He had the program on the rise and not only Eastern Greene fans, but fans from other schools were excited about the Thunderbird program.  Then for some reason(s), the school board decided not to renew his contract for 2018 and he was let go.  Who ever heard of a coach getting let go off of a 14 - 1 record and a state runner up season?  There were all kinds of rumors floating around as to why he was released.  It's just my opinion, but it wasn't in the best interest of the school or the program to let him go.  So now they are pretty much back to square one (and 2 coaches in 2 years) until they can hire another coach who can turn the culture around again, if at all.  I really feel for the players and the fans. 

1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

Joey Paridaen was head coach at Eastern Greene for 4 years (2014 - 2017).  HIs record was 5 - 5, 8 - 3, 10 - 3, and 14 - 1.  He had the program on the rise and not only Eastern Greene fans, but fans from other schools were excited about the Thunderbird program.  Then for some reason(s), the school board decided not to renew his contract for 2018 and he was let go.  Who ever heard of a coach getting let go off of a 14 - 1 record and a state runner up season?  There were all kinds of rumors floating around as to why he was released.  It's just my opinion, but it wasn't in the best interest of the school or the program to let him go.  So now they are pretty much back to square one (and 2 coaches in 2 years) until they can hire another coach who can turn the culture around again, if at all.  I really feel for the players and the fans. 

I thought he left to coach Evansville North...

12 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

Even Bloomfield tried to get football going for the Cardinals but we all knew that would never happen.  

I can believe that.  I lived in Bloomfield for a total of about a year during my college years.    The town reminded me of lot of Rossville in the north, another 'basketball school' that continues to eschew football.

Definite that Paridaen left EG after the state final run... and went to Evansville North. Great guy... but I think everyone knew he'd prolly head somewhere in the southern portion of the state if that opportunity came.   Travis Wray had been a key part in things with EG though as defensive coordinator.. and seemed to be a favorite with the kids.  That's where the insanity starts... he wasn't renewed...nobody I knew saw that coming.. and it started an uprising and community disarray.  Wasn't like EG was horrible under Wray... and it wasn't like everyone didn't forsee this lull for Eastern after those two senior classes departed.  

1 hour ago, kingtut said:

That is true.  It was his successor, Travis Wray, that was not renewed after one year. 

My bad.  I was one coach off!  Forgot about Coach Wray.

9 minutes ago, Miner_Pride said:

Definite that Paridaen left EG after the state final run... and went to Evansville North. Great guy... but I think everyone knew he'd prolly head somewhere in the southern portion of the state if that opportunity came.   Travis Wray had been a key part in things with EG though as defensive coordinator.. and seemed to be a favorite with the kids.  That's where the insanity starts... he wasn't renewed...nobody I knew saw that coming.. and it started an uprising and community disarray.  Wasn't like EG was horrible under Wray... and it wasn't like everyone didn't forsee this lull for Eastern after those two senior classes departed.  

Coach Wary was 6 - 4.  Which compared to most years at EG was a successful year.

1 hour ago, Miner_Pride said:

Its a shame all this happened with the Thunderbirds. After awhile of dismissing them I realized hey they are real. I was Happy that in Greene County we might have 2 powerhouses albeit in different classes repping Greene County well.

Edited by globemstr3