Heritage Hills 5-0 251 33 7-  0 304 47 Won 7
Southridge 4-1 183 83 6-  1 232 120 Lost 1
Gibson Southern 4-1 240 70 5-  2 335 122 Won 1
Tell City 3-2 142 123 5-  2 195 135 Won 1
Forest Park 2-3 81 129 4-  3 137 149 Won 1
North Posey 2-4 84 201 2-  5 108 257 Lost 1
South Spencer 1-5 109 188 1-  6 123 242 Lost 1
Pike Central 0-5 32 295 0-  7 57 375 Lost 13

Heritage Hills is clearly the best in the conference right now.

Tell City is doing great this year. I know someone laughed when I suggested that Tell City was a “dark horse” of sorts this year but they are definitely showing they are a good team. Obviously haven’t taken care of business vs the Patriots or Raiders but if those are your only 2 loses this far, I would be very happy as a TC fan/coach 

Also as of now, Southridge and Gibson Southern are a dead even tie according to sagarin

64.16 Southridge 64.15 Gibson Southern

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

I think we overestimated the quality of football in the PAC, yet again. North Posey, South Spencer, and (for a bit) Forest Park presented real challenges to Heritage Hills and Southridge and then eventually Gibson Southern. The Titans had a good squad in 2002 that got banged up. A regional or semistate loss by the Sectional 32 winner is not beyond possibility, due in part to the weakness of the PAC.

5 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I think we overestimated the quality of football in the PAC, yet again. North Posey, South Spencer, and (for a bit) Forest Park presented real challenges to Heritage Hills and Southridge and then eventually Gibson Southern. The Titans had a good squad in 2002 that got banged up. A regional or semistate loss by the Sectional 32 winner is not beyond possibility, due in part to the weakness of the PAC.

The PAC has the 7th best record against out of conference teams.  The issue is not going to be any overall weakness of the PAC being a factor. There are some very good teams out there in the regional and semistate. Nobody that I am aware of has put together a list of the reasons why Brownstown or Lawrenceburg would not beat the winner of Sectional 32. 

6 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Ya cause the PAC had a State Champ and a Semi-State appearance in the last 2 years- we suck. Tf outta here with that noise. 

I think Chris's comment was tongue and cheek because historically the knock on the PAC has been the strength schedule...particularly from our neighbor conference to the South.  I would venture a guess that Chris's point is that is has been proven time and time again that it is quite possible to develop a semi-state level competitor from out of this conference most years just the way it is.  I say that within full view of the sun that of course a tougher schedule is sometimes more desirable and sometimes the best team in the state is in your sectional. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Congrats to the all PAC football team!  

Not many surprises. Sigler definitely the MVP. 

I wonder if there were plenty of OL guys though that were worthy and were upperclassmen.  The one name I’m surprised with not making it is Braden Tucker. He is the 6’4/6’5 315lb + guard for GS. 

But. He is a junior and it seems the seniors were given their respects which is completely understandable and appropriate 

After looking at the stats some more.....I think ALL PAC needs to expand a bit to include 3 WRs. Seth delong had the 5th beat receiving year ever for a GS player (at least to what I can find). He led the PAC in receiving with 830 yards and had 11 scores to go with it. 

Maybe the format isn’t inclusive enough for WRs/TEs......The kid from SR is certainly worthy and everyone knows ben butler is uber talented and deserving....but man. 

if you lead the PAC in receiving and receiving touchdowns and you are only honorable mention...it just isn’t right.  

maxpreps doesn’t have classes broken up correctly but I believe Seth was #5 in receiving yards this year in 3A.

im not looking to stir trouble. All players listed are very deserving.  Just believe there should be more WRs to be ALL PAC 1st team  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Titan41 said:

My son was leading linebackers in tackles by about 30 tackles at the end of the season ,then they didn’t add heritage hills defense stats to our max preps and fell behind or would still be the leader and he got honorable mention huh !

Congrats to your son!  I get it but absolutely nothing to be ashamed of with HM.  There was tremendous linebacker play in the PAC this year, IMO!

Edited by HereComesTheBoom
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Titan41 said:

My son was leading linebackers in tackles by about 30 tackles at the end of the season ,then they didn’t add heritage hills defense stats to our max preps and fell behind or would still be the leader and he got honorable mention huh !

I thought they got entered in about a week after the game.  Obviously I always favor GS players but the two guys selected at LB were absolute studs. 

calvert is the defensive captain. Sometimes it’s not always just about stats but it still is.  There is probably an argument for you here but I personally don’t see it as a major overlook considering the talent at that position in the PAC 

3 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Congrats to your son!  I get it but absolutely nothing to be ashamed of with HM.  There was tremendous linebacker play in the PAC this year, IMO!

This!  Linebackers this year were super stacked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I thought they got entered in about a week after the game.  Obviously I always favor GS players but the two guys selected at LB were absolute studs. 

calvert is the defensive captain. Sometimes it’s not always just about stats but it still is.  There is probably an argument for you here but I personally don’t see it as a major overlook considering the talent at that position in the PAC 

This!  Linebackers this year were super stacked. 

I do get it every kid has worked hard and he was a defensive captain and was leading by a ton of tackles in pac until someone didn’t enter our defensive stats he ask me on his way home how this could be and I said I have no idea how they choose and who does it? He does have 3 small college offers but has seem to lose his love for football.

12 minutes ago, Titan41 said:

I do get it every kid has worked hard and he was a defensive captain and was leading by a ton of tackles in pac until someone didn’t enter our defensive stats he ask me on his way home how this could be and I said I have no idea how they choose and who does it? He does have 3 small college offers but has seem to lose his love for football.

From what I have been told

coaches bring a list of players they wanna nominate 

coaches cannot vote for their own players 

the other coaches place their votes for whatever spot...votes tallied. You get that much 

any player who was on the list but not voted for by other coaches enough gets honorable mention.

im sure coaches bring only so many players on their list. 

so it appears Coach Hart very much wanted to have him as 1st team but the other coaches cast more votes for other players.  

no idea how close the voting was either. 

this is what I have been told. Your son had a great year. No reason to be down. The only coach who mattered to him clearly believed he had earned the spot on the list. 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

8 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

the other coaches place their votes for whatever spot...votes tallied. You get that much 

any player who was on the list but not voted for by other coaches enough gets honorable mention.

so it appears Coach Hart very much wanted to have him as 1st team but the other coaches cast more votes for other players.  

this is what I have been told. Your son had a great year. No reason to be down. The only coach who mattered to him clearly believed he had earned the spot on the list. 

Thanks for the help I will let him know. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

This is the PAC by-law

"SECTION 3. An All-Conference offensive team and an All-Conference defensive team will be selected each year in football. Each coach can nominate players he honestly feels should be All-Conference. Each player nominated and receiving one vote will be honorable mention. The highest number of votes will be the All-Conference Team (by position). Captains and MVP will also be nominated and voted on by the coaches. A kicker and punter shall also be named by vote. One coach from each school can speak briefly about his nomination. Vote will be by head coach or his designee (coaches may not vote for their own player). Each coach is responsible to his local news media and radio the next day. The SecretaryTreasurer should notify major news media: Evansville Courier, TV, Louisville papers. Section 4. : If a tie exists, the player with the more first-place points, then second place, etc., would be named. If there continues to be a tie for any positions, a vote will be taken by the coaches to determine the tie-breaker. The coaches of the tied players will not vote. (added June 2015)"

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

After looking at the stats some more.....I think ALL PAC needs to expand a bit to include 3 WRs. Seth delong had the 5th beat receiving year ever for a GS player (at least to what I can find). He led the PAC in receiving with 830 yards and had 11 scores to go with it. 

Maybe the format isn’t inclusive enough for WRs/TEs......The kid from SR is certainly worthy and everyone knows ben butler is uber talented and deserving....but man. 

if you lead the PAC in receiving and receiving touchdowns and you are only honorable mention...it just isn’t right.  

maxpreps doesn’t have classes broken up correctly but I believe Seth was #5 in receiving yards this year in 3A.

im not looking to stir trouble. All players listed are very deserving.  Just believe there should be more WRs to be ALL PAC 1st team  

The receivers that were picked were better than him at blocking for the run game. That's the only thing that I can think of lol

28 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

The SIAC does 2 RBs and 3 WRs for all conference which seem more in line with the multiple offensive formations we see in today's game.  It's a shame such a fine conference doesn't evolve with the times.

I see Brady Allen somehow snuck in there at QB this year!  :classic_smile:  Doesn't the MVP typically get nominated at a position as well?  

45 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

The SIAC does 2 RBs and 3 WRs for all conference which seem more in line with the multiple offensive formations we see in today's game.  It's a shame such a fine conference doesn't evolve with the times.

What about the offenses that still haven't evolved with the times? Heritage Hills, Forest Park and Tell City still use a fullback on almost every offensive set. Forest Park and Heritage Hills had to nominate fullbacks for running back position

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

I see Brady Allen somehow snuck in there at QB this year!  :classic_smile:  Doesn't the MVP typically get nominated at a position as well?  

You remember our conversation last year!  LOL

11 minutes ago, CoachClements said:

What about the offenses that still haven't evolved with the times? Heritage Hills, Forest Park and Tell City still use a fullback on almost every offensive set. Forest Park and Heritage Hills had to nominate fullbacks for running back position

Let’s go 3 and 3 then!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoachClements said:

Just curious and you may not know, how do your offensive stats of your fullbacks compare to the stats of the running backs in the conference? It's tough when you are dividing your carries between all 4 backs in the backfield, no one has great stats compared to that one kid that gets the bulk of them.

13 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Doesn't the MVP typically get nominated at a position as well?  

I'm answering my own question here, but looked back at previous years and the MVP also was selected as all conference at a position as well.  Perhaps, the coaches agreed to the change in order to give other guys the nod at specific positions.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CoachClements said:

My comment wasn't a slam against any type of offense.  Let's be real here, if you still call WRs Ends on your all conference forms...you have an evolution problem.  When is the last time you saw SE on a roster?  What about when someone has a really nice true TE they want to nominate?  Should he should have to compete with all the WRs for a slot...while at the same time FBs don't have to compete with RBs?  It's just dumb.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Name                                                                     Pos    Yds    Yds/G    Yds/Rec    Rec    Lng    TD    GP

1 Seth Delong - Sr
Gibson Southern (Fort Branch)
WR, QB 884 80.4 24.6 36   11 11
2 Connor O'Neal - Sr
Pike Central (Petersburg)
RB, LB 691 86.4 10.5 66 54 5 8
3 Adam May - Sr
WR 509 50.9 13.1 39   8 10
4 Logan Murfin - Jr
WR 502 45.6 17.9 28   6 11