Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC Update

1 hour ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

I see Brady Allen somehow snuck in there at QB this year!  :classic_smile:  Doesn't the MVP typically get nominated at a position as well?  

Yeah I’m not sure anyone really minds this. 

among us here on the grid, we all pretty much accepted that Brady was the best QB and Sigler was hands down the MVP midseason lol. 

sigler probably was unanimously voted in as MVP. Such a rare talent. 

• Like 2

@DumfriesYMCA, I didn't want to derail the Breakout thread with Allen but know GS will lose a lot of their top receivers - Butler, DeJong, May, assuming they're all seniors.  I'm guessing there are underclassment receivers waiting in line to make the jump?   

Edited by HereComesTheBoom
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

@DumfriesYMCA, I didn't want to derail the Breakout thread with Allen but know GS will lose a lot of their top receivers - Butler, DeJong, May, assuming they're all seniors.  I'm guessing there are underclassment receivers waiting in line to make the jump?   

Always guys to step up but Murfin this year was pretty good.  Had 500 yards I believe which was 3rd on the team.  He will be returning  

Current Sophomore class has a number of receivers too. 

my concerns with next year are with replacing the defense we lose. (Seems to be a problem every year lol and we usually get it figured out).

obviously a lot of guys to replace but we return 3 OL a top WR and Brady. RBs always get phased in the year before so I think we will be good there having seen what he did this year for us 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA
  • Like 1

Probably worth noting that Gibson Southerns Schedule next year is a monster step up. 
66B657D1-EB0F-4FD9-88A0-EADE4442DB46.thumb.jpeg.95a6786135e424e86ed96e8c9c9a3abc.jpeg

any big year vs this schedule should absolutely be considered a breakout imo 

current schedule is 

Forest Park 2A

South Spencer 2A

North Posey 3A

Southport 6A

Princeton 3A

Heritage Hills 3A

Pike Central 3A

Tell City 1A 

Southridge 3A (playing up)

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

56 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

@DumfriesYMCA, I didn't want to derail the Breakout thread with Allen but know GS will lose a lot of their top receivers - Butler, DeLong, May, assuming they're all seniors.  I'm guessing there are underclassmen receivers waiting in line to make the jump?   

Underclassmen WRs from the roster (ooops sorry...split ends):

2 Landon Stoll Jr. 5 8 160 WR
12 Seth Davenport Jr. 6 2 170 WR
16 Mitchell Morris So. 5 10 160 WR
22 Logan Murfin Jr. 6 0 175 WR
36 Blake Roberts So. 5 7 150 WR
80 Rory Heltsley So. 6 3 170 WR
87 Evan Simpson So. 6 0 170 WR
88 Kaden Hurless So. 6 1 165 WR

Edited by Titan32
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Probably worth noting that Gibson Southerns Schedule next year is a monster step up. 
66B657D1-EB0F-4FD9-88A0-EADE4442DB46.thumb.jpeg.95a6786135e424e86ed96e8c9c9a3abc.jpeg

any big year vs this schedule should absolutely be considered a breakout imo 

current schedule is 

Forest Park 2A

South Spencer 2A

North Posey 3A

Southport 6A

Princeton 3A

Heritage Hills 3A

Pike Central 3A

Tell City 1A 

Southridge 3A (playing up)

*NP 2A

That's a good looking schedule for GS! Not nearly SIAC good but pretty solid, hopefully this will enable you guys to compete... 😀

23 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Glad someone made an article. I really wish GS and Princeton would have their matchup week 9. Perfect way to end the season that way. Kinda like how HH and south Spencer we’re meeting up until now. 

overall I think these schedules will make for a more balanced PAC. 

next year will be an exciting one.

btw. Anyone know of the ALL PAC will be ALL of the PAC or is it going to be divided too. 

46 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

More balanced PAC is correct but why did only one team take advantage of beefing up their schedule. Got a 4a school playing all smaller schools.

I think most of the smaller schools wanted away from HH and Gibson Southern. Will not knock anyone of those schools for wanting a smaller schedule....as for boonville....wellllllll. Yeah.  😂

8 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think most of the smaller schools wanted away from HH and Gibson Southern. Will not knock anyone of those schools for wanting a smaller schedule....as for boonville....wellllllll. Yeah.  😂

HH not a very strong schedule either.

32 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

Indeed.  Why we wasted those 2 spots on Tell City and North Posey....I just can't understand.  I can't understand why they would even want to play us.  

Why not jump across the river for a challenge if you can't find anyone up here?

58 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

That's what they said about our schedule this year and we went to LOS.  I honestly get so tired of hearing about SOS, and how that will get a team ready for the playoffs.  Coaches, the team, hard work, film study, health........that stuff gets you ready for the playoffs.  

I think in the end for HH it was just easier to keep their schedule with a couple of "old" conference teams versus sign a two year contract with a new team who might opt out later and leave you hangin'.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HHPatriots said:

Indeed.  Why we wasted those 2 spots on Tell City and North Posey....I just can't understand.  I can't understand why they would even want to play us.  

Why not jump across the river for a challenge if you can't find anyone up here?

Across the River is no challenge unless u head east on 64. 

26 minutes ago, Screagle said:

I’m just saying for a team like HH a waste of time. GS will soon find out. 

So your breadth of experience watching the border bowl says Owensboro isn't worth our time?  There you go again Junior... I can tell you that Owensboro Senior and Henderson would be significant upgrades over Forest Park ,Tell City and North Posey for the larger PAC schools (no offense to my small PAC brethren).  That said I agree with P74....SOS is the biggest fallacy on the GID....nice to have but not necessary for success.

12 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

So your breadth of experience watching the border bowl says Owensboro isn't worth our time?  There you go again Junior... I can tell you that Owensboro Senior and Henderson would be significant upgrades over Forest Park ,Tell City and North Posey for the larger PAC schools (no offense to my small PAC brethren).  That said I agree with P74....SOS is the biggest fallacy on the GID....nice to have but not necessary for success.

I agree with that. As a fan I just like to watch competitive football games. I would pick a 8 point loss to Southport over a 74 point win vs Pike Central any day. 

• Like 1

I wish someone from 4A Boonville would get on here and defend their schedule. How can their schedule make you better, they PAC should have put them in the smaller school division and moved Southridge to the other division. Also if a stronger schedule doesnt do you some good why would Jasper and Vin come to the SIAC and dont give ne it was for the money reason.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:02 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

I didn’t realize Southport was willing to do Home AND Away.  That’s a fairly big haul for a 6A Indy team to make to play a 3A team (no matter who they are).

Kudos to GS.

No one could have guessed when those college fraternity photos of Southport’s AD would come in handy....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Just hope one day those small schools will be able to compete or even challenge the big PAC schools...😞