Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Indiana Hoosier Football Reaches Pivot Point

Guest DT

4 hours ago, DT said:

https://www.huskermax.com/games/indianaBT.html

Indiana actually leads the all time series against NU 9-8-3.

My Dad played in the 1959 game in Lincoln, 23-7 IU win.

Yes, That was the corso scoreboard game.  LOL

Sorry DT but you are in error on this.  The scoreboard pic was supposedly taken against Ohio State in 1976.  I say supposedly because no one can produce a copy of said picture.  Lee Corso was and is a showman and was trying anything to get people to be aware of Indiana football.  In the 70's you may remember that the Big Ten was often called the Big Two and the Little Eight.

2 minutes ago, CoachK5 said:

Sorry DT but you are in error on this.  The scoreboard pic was supposedly taken against Ohio State in 1976.  I say supposedly because no one can produce a copy of said picture.  Lee Corso was and is a showman and was trying anything to get people to be aware of Indiana football.  In the 70's you may remember that the Big Ten was often called the Big Two and the Little Eight.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lee+corso+scoreboard+photo&sxsrf=ACYBGNTv13v9mCkZtIP30XH8lR2cofPXZA:1571346917460&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=iQqhHcNk49MJoM%3A%2Cyy592mrnfBGhAM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQTDa_P9Vrb32ADTVJ2M-anYd7zBQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjs19W2m6TlAhVAGDQIHf5FAsEQ9QEwAHoECAcQBA#imgrc=_&vet=1

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Living in the past again, something IU always does...

I didn't realize the original intent of the post, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers...

2 minutes ago, southend said:

No past or recent football history! LOL But I still attend. I know, I know. Let the jokes begin.

No worries, man--IU is not truly horrible on the gridiron.  They are doing good stuff, and I will say their chances of making a bowl game is as good or even better than Purdue...

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

As an aside, my grammar is fine.

I cringe when I see so called professional people using poor grammar.  

Just a pet peeve of mine.

4 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Other than DT does anyone give a crap about grammar any more?  These days people are too used to texting.  Grammar doesn't matter in texting.  Conversational communication with our fellow human beings is becoming a lost art.  I would type "L O L" but it's more sad than funny.

I’m a numbers guy, so it kind of goes with the territory. Then again, I have always fancied myself to be quite the scribe, so if any grammatical error occurred, I’m sure it was because it was in the heat of the moment...

57 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I’m a numbers guy, so it kind of goes with the territory. Then again, I have always fancied myself to be quite the scribe, so if any grammatical error occurred, I’m sure it was because it was in the heat of the moment...

That was no slam at you, Gipper.  Just an observation about how things are going in society.  At my work, the break room can be full of people.  All of them (except me) are looking at their cell phones and NOT talking.  Really weird.  If you say something to one of them, they give you a look like, "don't bother me I'm playing a game or I'm texting or I'm watching a stupid cat video".  I've often wondered what would happen if cell phone service was lost for just 24 hours.  I think some people's heads would explode because they wouldn't know what to do.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

That was no slam at you, Gipper.  Just an observation about how things are going in society.  At my work, the break room can be full of people.  All of them (except me) are looking at their cell phones and NOT talking.  Really weird.  If you say something to one of them, they give you a look like, "don't bother me I'm playing a game or I'm texting or I'm watching a stupid cat video".  I've often wondered what would happen if cell phone service was lost for just 24 hours.  I think some people's heads would explode because they wouldn't know what to do.

Thanks, buddy!  My kids are in that boat as well.  

44 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Too funny Gipper!  I almost choked on my beverage.

Be safe.  I also must warn you I speed, take the Lord’s name in vain on occasion, embellish every now and then, and drink the milk past the due date.  I did find a bag of frozen vegetables 5 years past its expiration date!  That went in the trash, though—crazy not stupid.

15 hours ago, Gipper said:

Be safe.  I also must warn you I speed, take the Lord’s name in vain on occasion, embellish every now and then, and drink the milk past the due date.  I did find a bag of frozen vegetables 5 years past its expiration date!  That went in the trash, though—crazy not stupid.

I wanna party with this guy!  LOL

7 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

I just hope their mindset isn't just win one more game....one game at a time and win a bunch more games.

That was a quality win....Maryland is not an easy out and had their backs against the wall playing at home....they needed that win.  IU wasn't pretty at the end and I thought a little conservative on offense....but it worked out.

Yep, I agree.  Was a bit concerned they were going to give it away there at the end, but got the pick to seal it.  Ramsey or Penix, pick your poison.  Penix is a little more athletic and that's about all the difference between the 2.

42 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Yep, I agree.  Was a bit concerned they were going to give it away there at the end, but got the pick to seal it.  Ramsey or Penix, pick your poison.  Penix is a little more athletic and that's about all the difference between the 2.

Ramsey is a very good passer.  Penix is an elite passer.  He shouldn't be running at all.  Just after the commentators said Tom Allen wants his QB's running more, Penix ran and was tackled hard......... result?  Out for the rest of the game.  He should remain a pocket passer and if forced to run slide baby slide.  

But, having said this IU's weak spot was and is it's defense.  They will stand up a RB for a loss one play, then give up 40 yards the next.  

If Penix can't play against Nebraska, who is the backup?  Reese Taylor?

5 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Ramsey is a very good passer.  Penix is an elite passer.  He shouldn't be running at all.  Just after the commentators said Tom Allen wants his QB's running more, Penix ran and was tackled hard......... result?  Out for the rest of the game.  He should remain a pocket passer and if forced to run slide baby slide.  

But, having said this IU's weak spot was and is it's defense.  They will stand up a RB for a loss one play, then give up 40 yards the next.  

If Penix can't play against Nebraska, who is the backup?  Reese Taylor?

Huh???  If Penix can't play then Ramsey is the backup.  I don't get your question.