Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Prairie 21- Penn 17 Is this Russ Radtke's biggest win ever?

Guest DT

1 hour ago, jets said:

He still running the wishbone, or has he caved to the times and running Spread Power O?? 

Spread Power O that has a lot of the same option concepts that the QB can dial up. To go up 21-17 with 50 seconds to go Qb asked to go under center with a fullback behind him and ran option from the 4 yard line to score. Some things remain the same it seems. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DT said:

Appears as if the Penn program has lost all respect here on The Forum.

A loss to a 4A school with 2000 fewer students is taken as a normal event.

Surprising

Penn's 34-7 win in 17 over Carmel  (2000) more students was not even close to Penn's biggest win . So why do you think or care that Fridays game  might be Radtke's biggest win? 

8 hours ago, NPCougar said:

Spread Power O that has a lot of the same option concepts that the QB can dial up. To go up 21-17 with 50 seconds to go Qb asked to go under center with a fullback behind him and ran option from the 4 yard line to score. Some things remain the same it seems. 

Say it ain't so....say it ain't so. Even the "old guard" is turning to the new age. 

32 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

School A with 2000 Students (100 boys out for football) beats school B 4000 students (100 boys out for football) . Is there really a large difference here ?

The number of OMG! Athletes roaming the halls at that 4000 student school should be larger according to basic statistics.  Why aren't they all on the football team?

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Penn's 34-7 win in 17 over Carmel  (2000) more students was not even close to Penn's biggest win . So why do you think or care that Fridays game  might be Radtke's biggest win? 

Penn 3,338 students.  New Prairie 961 students.  This is according to IndianaMat.  That's a difference of 2,377 students.   The average public school in Indiana has approximately 566 students (2018-19).   This is NOT Radtke's biggest win.  It may not even be in his top 10 all time wins.  As somebody alluded to earlier, it IS arguably the best REGULAR season win the Cougars have ever had.  In 2003 New Prairie beat Jimtown 35-13.  I believe Jimtown was riding a 68 game conference winning streak.  That was a huge win.  New Prairie beat Penn in a lot less time than what it took them to beat Jimtown.   However, we play class football, so I'd say New Prairie would prefer a couple state series trophies rather than a win over Penn.  I'll take the 2004 Sectional and Regional, 2006 Sectional, 2013 Sectional, 2014 Sectional, Regional, and Semi State, and 2017 Sectional as all bigger wins that beating Penn.  

• Thanks 1

No one knows what means what to people. I would suppose only Coach Radtke could answer that. 

In my short and really mediocre coaching career, I kept two trophies, and one was a 2nd Place LL trophy, that's still on my desk 20 years later. Because it had meaning to me and the group of kids I had that year. Conversely I threw an entire box of 2nd place trophies in the dumpster and didn't even pass them out one year. Things like this are really personal who knows what means what to people?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

The loss certainly puts Penn on the contraction list.🙄

I'ts really not as bad as it looks . We barely lost to the #1 ranked 4A team in the state . Look what the #1 5A team did to Center Grove . The same Center Grove team that waxed BD . So Is BD on the contraction list too?

Edited by GOLDRUSH1985

6 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

But the OMG athletes cant be forced to play Football . You have to want to play . 

Football is far from the only “thing”.  Maybe these Uber-athletes prefer another fall sport, or maybe they want to not risk injury for a winter sport like basketball (pretty big here).

On 10/8/2019 at 8:27 AM, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

School A with 2000 Students (100 boys out for football) beats school B 4000 students (100 boys out for football) . Is there really a large difference here ?

Is there really a large difference here?

Yes.

That's why classes are broken down by Enrollment in every sport, not by the number of kids participating in the sport.

Penn 3,338 - 6th largest in state.

NP - 961 - 111th largest in state, 46th largest in 4A football.

1 hour ago, slice60 said:

Is there really a large difference here?

Yes.

That's why classes are broken down by Enrollment in every sport, not by the number of kids participating in the sport.

Penn 3,338 - 6th largest in state.

NP - 961 - 111th largest in state, 46th largest in 4A football.

You could have a high school with 10,000 kids , but what if only 50 went out for football . Would it really be any different than a school that has 5000 students and 50 out for football ? I believe it's more participation numbers than enrollment . 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

You could have a high school with 10,000 kids , but what if only 50 went out for football . Would it really be any different than a school that has 5000 students and 50 out for football ? I believe it's more participation numbers than enrollment . 

you, sir, are brilliant...

On 10/8/2019 at 2:10 PM, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I'ts really not as bad as it looks . We barely lost to the #1 ranked 4A team in the state . Look what the #1 5A team did to Center Grove . The same Center Grove team that waxed BD . So Is BD on the contraction list too?

It was a joke aimed at DT. I was not being serious.