Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

R's restraining line

Impartial_Observer

Question

5 answers to this question

R can still only be 10-yards from the kick line so they will be 2.5 yards deep in the end zone. The best option for K is to kick it so it rolls dead inside the 5. They can't legally recover, but they would pin R deep. The other option is to kick it out of bounds so R will accept the 5-yard penalty form the previous spot and rekick (can't put it 25 yards beyond the free kick line and they probably wouldn't accept 5 yards in advance of where it went OOB. Then K could try to onside kick it and recover inside the 2.

5 minutes ago, JustRules said:

R can still only be 10-yards from the kick line so they will be 2.5 yards deep in the end zone. The best option for K is to kick it so it rolls dead inside the 5. They can't legally recover, but they would pin R deep. The other option is to kick it out of bounds so R will accept the 5-yard penalty form the previous spot and rekick (can't put it 25 yards beyond the free kick line and they probably wouldn't accept 5 yards in advance of where it went OOB. Then K could try to onside kick it and recover inside the 2.

Start the van.

We were dangerously close to this last week, one USC away. I posted on a FB group. I have not been able to find any specific rule reference, other than R's restraining line must be 10 yards beyond K's LOS. One tip I found was to use the chains to set R's restraining line. 

The obvious applies, if the ball touches the GL it's a TB. If the ball doesn't go 10 yards K can not recover unless touched by R. 

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

We were dangerously close to this last week, one USC away. I posted on a FB group. I have not been able to find any specific rule reference, other than R's restraining line must be 10 yards beyond K's LOS. One tip I found was to use the chains to set R's restraining line. 

The obvious applies, if the ball touches the GL it's a TB. If the ball doesn't go 10 yards K can not recover unless touched by R. 

I think the best option is for K to decline the yardage of the last one or 2 and have the ball placed where they can recover an onside kick. If I’m K I’d rather free kick from the 14 let’s say I dint know the exact yardline but then you can recover a onside kick and if not it might be onside the 5. If not the dribble it is the best option