Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC week 8

14 minutes ago, nickelbackjack said:

The only question is how long will Winamac leave their starters in?

Well since it wasn't an issue last week, i imagine it'll be the same this week... Some back ups and jv kids starting and doing a lot of subbing through out the game. 

14 minutes ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Well since it wasn't an issue last week, i imagine it'll be the same this week... Some back ups and jv kids starting and doing a lot of subbing through out the game. 

They're not back ups and jv if their starting. By definition they're starters and, by your own rules, they must come out in a blow out situation. No excuses and no  exceptions. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, nickelbackjack said:

The only question is how long will Winamac leave their starters in?

I mean seriously. Winamac had 23 healthy kids. 

They had 10 regular starters, 2 back ups and 2 jv kids starting...and they rotated 5 other kids in and out through out the game...so in reality 9 back ups got playing time through out the game and then at the 3 minute mark they brought in  1 kid who just came back from injury, 2 kids that never played football in their lives till this year and the jv Qb. 

I mean it's not like a certain schools defensive coordinator getting into a shouting match with the linebackers coach cause the DC is keeping his starters in a  60+ win...and the lb coach wanted the back ups in... Or a certain coach whose son was a defensive starter and wanted to keep them in cause "let's not worry about building up for next year, lets just keep focusing on this year" while his son is out there in the 4th Q of a 60+ game. 

• Disdain 1

8 minutes ago, nickelbackjack said:

They're not back ups and jv if their starting. By definition they're starters and, by your own rules, they must come out in a blow out situation. No excuses and no  exceptions. 

Ahh yes... Then we could have played 9 vs 11 and 1 of those 9 just came back from injury, 2 of those kids never played football till this year. Yup... Sounds real smart.

Fact is. Craig did the right thing. 9 of the usual back ups got either starter minutes or got good playing time. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior
  • Like 1
  • Disdain 1

42 minutes ago, nickelbackjack said:

What you're  doing now is making excuses.

The point is for you to see that it's not so easy to just pull your starters. There are reasons why a coach doesn't just pull his guys out. Now that the shoe is in the other foot, one would hope you could see that.

Haaaa. I didn't know facts were excuses. 

Winamac had 24 healthy kids the 23 that could play on O and D..did .

2 back ups and 2 jv kids started to go along with the 10 of the usual starters who were healthy. They rotated 5 other kids in through out the game and at 3 mins they put the other 4 kids in. All 23 healthy kids that could play O and D got time, 2 back ups and 2 jv kids got starters reps and 5 others got quality time.

There was no running up the score, plenty of back ups and jv kids got to play. 

Its not a shock you don't understand how silly his posts were or yours in this subject. Its honestly quite sad you don't get it. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior
  • Disdain 1

6 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

@AubbeenaubeeCav anything going on Friday at the Culver/Pioneer game? Senior night or homecoming? Curious as to if there will be any food options other than concession stand food lol.

Have you tried the pretzels? Those are pretty good. 

13 hours ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

The new Mexican restaurant/pancake house in town sells a helluva wet burrito.  Otherwise, I would hit the Kibitzer for the heart stopping pounder.

Wait, wait, wait... is it a Mexican restaurant that is also a pancake house?  Like I can get a taco and a pancake at the same time?  If that’s the case, I might need to just go ahead and move to Culver because where has that been all my life. 😂 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Radar36 said:

Wait, wait, wait... is it a Mexican restaurant that is also a pancake house?  Like I can get a taco and a pancake at the same time?  If that’s the case, I might need to just go ahead and move to Culver because where has that been all my life. 😂 

I was so confused when I first heard about this place as well. I haven't ate there but heard nothing but good things.

32 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Winamac 40-6   

LaVille In a tight one 20-16

Pioneer stops Culvers run game 46-12

Knox Big 45-0

Hopefully weather cooperates

Looks like the weather may be a problem again tomorrow night.   Guru, what do you see that keeps Judson/Laville game close?  I could see it being possible, depends if Laville can figure out their offensive woes.  Not sure when they last beat a quality opponent?  Last year at Triton maybe??

17 minutes ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Looks like the weather may be a problem again tomorrow night.   Guru, what do you see that keeps Judson/Laville game close?  I could see it being possible, depends if Laville can figure out their offensive woes.  Not sure when they last beat a quality opponent?  Last year at Triton maybe??

Rain hurts LaVille Speed... Judson will clock manage and keep LV's offense off field as much as possible.  Only reasons this is close.

Wish LV's OC would use the 5-6 guys that it has that can play RB/WB/QB would do just that and worry only on RUN not PASS!!   Seems he always wants a breakthrough play instead of sustained grind it out drive!!    Lets hope they can get the W!!

Edited by Football Guru 25