Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC week 8

23 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Rain hurts LaVille Speed... Judson will clock manage and keep LV's offense off field as much as possible.  Only reasons this is close.

Wish LV's OC would use the 5-6 guys that it has that can play RB/WB/QB would do just that and worry only on RUN not PASS!!   Seems he always wants a breakthrough play instead of sustained grind it out drive!!    Lets hope they can get the W!!

I agree rain could hurt Laville and I could see this one being closer than expected. I don't think Judson will score on Laville though. I'm predicting Laville 21-0 with a late touchdown.

Sometimes when you have so much talent it's hard to figure out how to best use that talent. I think that's where Laville is struggling right now from the offensive side of the ball. IMO, Laville has the best skilled position players in the conference (collectively). Sure you have the explosive offense of Pioneer, but that's centered around 2-3 players. Laville has 5-6 dynamic players that could breakout any night. It's surprising to see how bad they're struggling. Thoughts???

40 minutes ago, footballer_02 said:

I agree rain could hurt Laville and I could see this one being closer than expected. I don't think Judson will score on Laville though. I'm predicting Laville 21-0 with a late touchdown.

Sometimes when you have so much talent it's hard to figure out how to best use that talent. I think that's where Laville is struggling right now from the offensive side of the ball. IMO, Laville has the best skilled position players in the conference (collectively). Sure you have the explosive offense of Pioneer, but that's centered around 2-3 players. Laville has 5-6 dynamic players that could breakout any night. It's surprising to see how bad they're struggling. Thoughts???

Where I come from It takes all 11 guys. That's why Football is the ultimate team sport! 

Edited by TheWaterBoii

1 hour ago, footballer_02 said:

Hard to argue Laville is struggling when Laville scored 3 points on Knox D and Pioneer offense just 6.  Knox D is just that GOOD!  I dont know one 1A or 2A coach that would complain about having 5-6 playmakers vs just 2! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheWaterBoii said:

Where I come from It takes all 11 guys. That's why Football is the ultimate team sport! 

Agreed. You have to have trust in the guy next to you to do his job. To piggy back off of my earlier comment, I think Laville has 5-6 skilled position players who are versatile.

37 minutes ago, Coach-Ref_Kiser said:

Hard to argue Laville is struggling when Laville scored 3 points on Knox D and Pioneer offense just 6.  Knox D is just that GOOD!  I dont know one 1A or 2A coach that would complain about having 5-6 playmakers vs just 2! 

It's rare with the smaller schools, most definitely. I guess I'm curious if it's really the play calling that's holding Laville back.

On 10/9/2019 at 8:17 AM, FarmerFran said:

@AubbeenaubeeCav anything going on Friday at the Culver/Pioneer game? Senior night or homecoming? Curious as to if there will be any food options other than concession stand food lol.

It is Senior night. Wouldn’t be wise to play the Panthers for homecoming!  That was Triton. 

I am not aware of any food being served at game this week.  Good food choices in town are Lakehouse, Papas, or Cafe Max.  Also have a New Mexican restaurant (Freidas) on St Rd 10 that is good and a little easier on the wallet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AubbeenaubeeCav said:

It is Senior night. Wouldn’t be wise to play the Panthers for homecoming!  That was Triton. 

I am not aware of any food being served at game this week.  Good food choices in town are Lakehouse, Papas, or Cafe Max.  Also have a New Mexican restaurant (Freidas) on St Rd 10 that is good and a little easier on the wallet

Papas is sooooooooo goood

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

There’s a lot of noise on here, I t can’t be the play calling that’s holding them back!  Ha. I just know that with this freshman group they have, they better get it straightened out.  To much potential there to mess up 3 more years!

Honestly. 

The two teams LaVille lost too are teams that are better then they are. I think if Pioneer and Cass are in opposite bracket. LaVille will be in sectional final. LaVille is just really good at the same time Pioneer has had once in a generation type talents (walker, kiser, gregorich and lewellens) and Knox...nothing to be ashamed of...and I don't think they'll beat either one next year. In 2021... North Judson, Winamac and LaVille along with Pioneer will be the top 4 teams (in no order)

Edited by Ultimate Warrior
  • Like 1
  • Disdain 1

13 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Honestly. 

The two teams LaVille lost too are teams that are better then they are. I think if Pioneer and Cass are in opposite bracket. LaVille will be in sectional final. LaVille is just really good at the same time Pioneer has had once in a generation type talents (walker, kiser, gregorich and lewellens) and Knox...nothing to be ashamed of...and I don't think they'll beat either one next year. In 2021... North Judson, Winamac and LaVille along with Pioneer will be the top 4 teams (in no order)

I would disagree with you on that.  They outplayed Laville but the talent is there at Laville.  They just can’t win against quality opponents!  Last year they had to be the favorite in that sectional and they blew it against a team they beat handily 2 weeks prior.  It’s becoming a common theme.

2 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

I would disagree with you on that.  They outplayed Laville but the talent is there at Laville.  They just can’t win against quality opponents!  Last year they had to be the favorite in that sectional and they blew it against a team they beat handily 2 weeks prior.  It’s becoming a common theme.

LaVille is good but they aren't on Knox's level or Pioneer's. Could they beat Pioneer? Yes but I still think PHS is better...and LaVille would have to play mistake free.. A++ game against them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

There’s a lot of noise on here, I t can’t be the play calling that’s holding them back!  Ha. I just know that with this freshman group they have, they better get it straightened out.  To much potential there to mess up 3 more years!

Culver played the current freshman the last year as 8th graders. At the end of the game, they threw a big picnic party and asked the Culver team to join them. When we asked why, they said it was celebrating that no one scored a point on them the whole season.  Definitely a lot of potential there for the Lancers and would expect them to flip the standings on Pioneer in next 2 yrs. if not, it is hard to argue they are not underachieving

12 minutes ago, AubbeenaubeeCav said:

Culver played the current freshman the last year as 8th graders. At the end of the game, they threw a big picnic party and asked the Culver team to join them. When we asked why, they said it was celebrating that no one scored a point on them the whole season.  Definitely a lot of potential there for the Lancers and would expect them to flip the standings on Pioneer in next 2 yrs. if not, it is hard to argue they are not underachieving

For these freshman. Id say their Jr and Sr year would be best years to flip the script on Pioneer with a chance next year. 

That 2021 season in the HNAC is gonna be a fun one. 

I think the gap will finally be gone. LaVille, Winamac, North Judson and Pioneer really duking it out. 

1 hour ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Gonna tip my hat to Caston.

Those kids play with a lot of heart and try super hard. 

Too bad the old MWC was still in play.. They'd have 2 wins this year no doubt. 

Meant to say too bad the old MWC wasnt still in play. Caston would have 2 wins. Tri County and South Newton and I think Caston would win convincingly in both. 

• Disdain 1

19 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Meant to say too bad the old MWC wasnt still in play. Caston would have 2 wins. Tri County and South Newton and I think Caston would win convincingly in both. 

Sagarin has Caston as a 5 point favorite over TC and as a 23 point favorite over SN. I would watch both games because they would be competitive. 

1 hour ago, AG said:

Sagarin has Caston as a 5 point favorite over TC and as a 23 point favorite over SN. I would watch both games because they would be competitive. 

No. No they wouldn't be. West Central imo is barely better then Caston and WC had no problems with either one. I think if there was a rematch between both WC and Caston. I wouldn't hesitate and pick Caston...esp with Caston choking away the first match.