Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 8 in the MIC/HCC

Wow, a complete mirror this week as I see four toss up games that could go either way in the MIC and a second consecutive week of likely chalk in the HCC.  I guess we will see.

For the season, I am 48-16, still one game ahead of Kyle, lol.

MIC:

Ben Davis @ Lawrence Central

The Giants continue to ride high and are putting their slow start behind them (or perhaps Avon and Brownsburg are THAT good?).  They scored on the game's first play and never looked back.  Daylan Carnell has been a breath of fresh air on defense and has been a game changer.  I think LC keeps this one respectable, but BD keeps rolling...34-20.

Lawrence North @ Center Grove

Man, poor LN.  Taking Carmel to overtime and having Warren on the ropes only to come up 0 for 2.  I am starting to feel bad for the Wildcats as it is looking more and more like that final week showdown for Pike is to escape the basement of the MIC and get in the win column.  Center Grove did just enough to win last week in surviving a scare from those aforementioned Red Devils as the Trojans are trying to round into tournament form.  They are a different team with Carson Steele who we have yet to see and at this point, likely won't.  I'll take CG in a nail biter 23-21.

North Central @ Pike

If not for Ben Davis' revival, North Central would own the conversation in the MIC as the hottest team right now.  After decisive losses to start the season (Fishers, Warren), the Panthers have rattled off five in a row but are facing a desperate Pike team as mentioned above.  Once again, I think the gap from the top to the bottom of the MIC is as close as its ever been and North Central is going to have its hands full.  They still prevail however.  17-13.

Warren Central @ Carmel

Two teams searching for answers on offense...never thought we'd say that but the QB play for these two squads has been their limiting factor thus far in 2019.  Warren found some answers and responded nicely after being blanked in the first half at LN last week whereas Carmel fell short at BD.  Warren's conference title hopes hang in the balance so they are more desperate but I see home field being the deciding factor here in a 24-20 Carmel win.

HCC:

Avon @ Zionsville

The Orioles are nearly a unanimous #1 in 6A right now as they kept things rolling last week in holding off a hard fighting Westfield squad.  Like the MIC, the top/bottom gap is not THAT large but Avon has enough goods to get it done on the road here.  I'll take the Orioles 30-17.

Brownsburg @ Noblesville

Brownsburg's offense seems to be gaining momentum as they took it to Zionsville last week.  They are probably already thinking about a revenge game against their rivals in the tournament and Noblesville should provide little resistance.  I'll take the Dogs 37-17.

Fishers @ Westfield

Two teams that are difficult to figure out as it seems when they are on, they can beat anyone.  When not, they can end up on the losing end in significant fashion.  This is the toughest game to pick this week as both teams are unpredictable and it comes down to which team shows up.  I'll take the Tigers, but I am not extremely confident.  Fishers 24-20.

Franklin Central @ Hamilton Southeastern

HSE is quietly putting together a run that should be noticed.  They've looked pretty solid after their loss to rival Fishers.  Franklin Central is playing with house money in this one as they've already overachieved based on many people's expectations entering the season.  They'll keep it close for three quarters before a late score decides it for HSE.  Royals 28-13.

13 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Wow, a complete mirror this week as I see four toss up games that could go either way in the MIC and a second consecutive week of likely chalk in the HCC.  I guess we will see.

MIC:

The Giants continue to ride high and are putting their slow start behind them (or perhaps Avon and Brownsburg are THAT good?).  They scored on the game's first play and never looked back.  Daylan Carnell has been a breath of fresh air on defense and has been a game changer.  I think LC keeps this one respectable, but BD keeps rolling...34-20.

Man, poor LN.  Taking Carmel to overtime and having Warren on the ropes only to come up 0 for 2.  I am starting to feel bad for the Wildcats as it is looking more and more like that final week showdown for Pike is to escape the basement of the MIC and get in the win column.  Center Grove did just enough to win last week in surviving a scare from those aforementioned Red Devils as the Trojans are trying to round into tournament form.  They are a different team with Carson Steele who we have yet to see and at this point, likely won't.  I'll take CG in a nail biter 23-21.

North Central @ Pike

If not for Ben Davis' revival, North Central would own the conversation in the MIC as the hottest team right now.  After decisive losses to start the season (Fishers, Warren), the Panthers have rattled off five in a row but are facing a desperate Pike team as mentioned above.  Once again, I think the gap from the top to the bottom of the MIC is as close as its ever been and North Central is going to have its hands full.  They still prevail however.  17-13.

Warren Central @ Carmel

Two teams searching for answers on offense...never thought we'd say that but the QB play for these two squads has been their limiting factor thus far in 2019.  Warren found some answers and responded nicely after being blanked in the first half at LN last week whereas Carmel fell short at BD.  Warren's conference title hopes hang in the balance so they are more desperate but I see home field being the deciding factor here in a 24-20 Carmel win.

HCC:

Avon @ Zionsville

The Orioles are nearly a unanimous #1 in 6A right now as they kept things rolling last week in holding off a hard fighting Westfield squad.  Like the MIC, the top/bottom gap is not THAT large but Avon has enough goods to get it done on the road here.  I'll take the Orioles 30-17.

Brownsburg @ Noblesville

Brownsburg's offense seems to be gaining momentum as they took it to Zionsville last week.  They are probably already thinking about a revenge game against their rivals in the tournament and Noblesville should provide little resistance.  I'll take the Dogs 37-17.

Fishers @ Westfield

Two teams that are difficult to figure out as it seems when they are on, they can beat anyone.  When not, they can end up on the losing end in significant fashion.  This is the toughest game to pick this week as both teams are unpredictable and it comes down to which team shows up.  I'll take the Tigers, but I am not extremely confident.  Fishers 24-20.

HSE is quietly putting together a run that should be noticed.  They've looked pretty solid after their loss to rival Fishers.  Franklin Central is playing with house money in this one as they've already overachieved based on many people's expectations entering the season.  They'll keep it close for three quarters before a late score decides it for HSE.  Royals 28-13.

I agree on all your picks.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

MIC:

North Central @ Pike

Warren Central @ Carmel

HCC:

Avon @ Zionsville

Brownsburg @ Noblesville

Fishers @ Westfield

Nice piece of writing.  Well done.  😁

I have a strong appreciation for content providers.  

Edited by DT