Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove and Carmel Losing gate revenue by staying in The MIC

Guest DT

0AA5239E-A74B-4ECD-9096-05896A305566.jpeg

The above photo shows the visitors side bleachers during the Pike at Center Grove game this past week.

Pretty pathetic

Center Grove has the most beautiful football facility in the state with a raucous atmosphere and the best hospitality you can ever find.  CG and Carmel both travel very well to opposing MIC schools.  Why wont the MIC schools return the favor?

This was a heck of a ballgame.  Pike is rapidly improving, and CG held on for a 24-21 win.  Why wont the Pike parents come out and support their kids?  

This has been going on for years.  Both CG and Carmel have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in gate revenue due to poor MIC visiting crowds.

Both schools, IMO, should bolt the MIC and join the Hoosier Crossroads while there are still two open spots to take in the HCC.  

It's not right that CG pads the coffers of LN, LC, BD, WC and Pike, and those schools do not reciprocate in any way.

Time to bold trojans and Greyhounds.  Westfield, Fishers, HSE, Brownsburg, Avon, Zionsville, Franklin Central and maybe even Noblesville fans will fill the visiting CG bleachers for years to come.  

1 minute ago, Warren05 said:

Was this game broadcast on any form of TV or internet Braodcast? Streaming games has made it pointless to go to the games of I can watch it on my couch. 

Pointless?   Really?  Certainly the casual non attached fan will stay home.  But what about parents, students, cheer block, band and ardent program supporters?  Are they going to sit on their ass and watch from home as well?

12 minutes ago, DT said:

The above photo shows the visitors side bleachers during the Pike at Center Grove game this past week.

Pretty pathetic

Center Grove has the most beautiful football facility in the state with a raucous atmosphere and the best hospitality you can ever find.  CG and Carmel both travel very well to opposing MIC schools.  Why wont the MIC schools return the favor?

This was a heck of a ballgame.  Pike is rapidly improving, and CG held on for a 24-21 win.  Why wont the Pike parents come out and support their kids?  

This has been going on for years.  Both CG and Carmel have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in gate revenue due to poor MIC visiting crowds.

Both schools, IMO, should bolt the MIC and join the Hoosier Crossroads while there are still two open spots to take in the HCC.  

It's not right that CG pads the coffers of LN, LC, BD, WC and Pike, and those schools do not reciprocate in any way.

Time to bold trojans and Greyhounds.  Westfield, Fishers, HSE, Brownsburg, Avon, Zionsville, Franklin Central and maybe even Noblesville fans will fill the visiting CG bleachers for years to come.  

Also worth noting that this picture is still relatively light out and there is nobody out on the field warming up. Perhaps this was taken around 6-6:30? A half hour to an hour before a 7pm kickoff? The trip from Pike township to Greenwood on Friday after 5 isn't exactly the easiest drive in the world. Either way, this doesn't amount to "hundreds and thousands of dollars" in lost revenue. 

• Like 2

Can't argue but certainly folks are going to get butt hurt on this one DT.

7 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Also worth noting that this picture is still relatively light out and there is nobody out on the field warming up. Perhaps this was taken around 6-6:30? A half hour to an hour before a 7pm kickoff? The trip from Pike township to Greenwood on Friday after 5 isn't exactly the easiest drive in the world. Either way, this doesn't amount to "hundreds and thousands of dollars" in lost revenue. 

Looks to me like the cheerleaders are lined up as the team is preparing to take the field.  Bet this is around 6:55pm.

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Pic was taken right before opening kickoff

8 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Whatever the figure is, I'm not losing any sleep over it...

CG likely loses $2000 to $4000 per game in lost gate revenues and concessions, relative to what they contribute to opposition coffers while on the road.  

Multiply that by 5 or 6 home gates per year and then extrapolate over the Trojans tenure in the conference.  The numbers add up.  

40 minutes ago, DT said:

Pretty pathetic

What is the tent on the sideline for?

2 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Has the time come to just contract high school football? I mean between the winners losing money, and the bad schools being bad, maybe it's just time we call it a day?

It should definitely be de-emphasized and no longer sponsored as an extracurricular activity by government schools (btw, the same with all current athletic and non-athletic extracurricular activities).  It could continue as a club model, sponsored by private community organizations and groups.

• Disdain 4

1 hour ago, DT said:

CG likely loses $2000 to $4000 per game in lost gate revenues and concessions, relative to what they contribute to opposition coffers while on the road.  

Multiply that by 5 or 6 home gates per year and then extrapolate over the Trojans tenure in the conference.  The numbers add up.  

Are you just fudging numbers now? If both teams moved to the HCC that'd leave 10 team and no open dates for a non-conference opponent (extra home games). Would mean at most Center Grove is playing 5 home regular season games a year and a minimum of 4. Take your highest number at $4,000, multiply that by 5 home games and you're at $20,000, nowhere near the "hundreds and thousands of dollars" you're eluding too. 

There is no doubt that Pike is the least travelled team in the MIC and Center Grove is easily their furthest opponent. But Center grove hosts Pike every other year. You really think replacing Pike with say Noblesville or Westfield with North Central is really going to put "hundreds and thousands of dollars" back into the pockets of Center Grove? You're dreaming.

Appreciate the effort of yet another highly debated thread, but using a made up sticking point/unverified number isn't going to get you anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Are you just fudging numbers now? If both teams moved to the HCC that'd leave 10 team and no open dates for a non-conference opponent (extra home games). Would mean at most Center Grove is playing 5 home regular season games a year and a minimum of 4. Take your highest number at $4,000, multiply that by 5 home games and you're at $20,000, nowhere near the "hundreds and thousands of dollars" you're eluding too. 

There is no doubt that Pike is the least travelled team in the MIC and Center Grove is easily their furthest opponent. But Center grove hosts Pike every other year. You really think replacing Pike with say Noblesville or Westfield with North Central is really going to put "hundreds and thousands of dollars" back into the pockets of Center Grove? You're dreaming.

Appreciate the effort of yet another highly debated thread, but using a made up sticking point/unverified number isn't going to get you anywhere.

I wouldn't say "hundreds of thousands" but over time it would as Noblesville and Westfield would travel much better than Pike and the other MIC schools.

2 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I wouldn't say "hundreds of thousands" but over time it would as Noblesville and Westfield would travel much better than Pike and the other MIC schools.

You think Noblesville and Westfield are filling those bleachers? I was at the Cathedral-Noblesville game to kick off the year and Noblesville had a porous showing from its own home crowd. A 70-80 mile roundtrip down to Greenwood isn't going to solve their problems either.

It makes sense for Carmel to join the HCC as they have plenty of geographical rivals, Center Grove, not so much.  

39 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

You think Noblesville and Westfield are filling those bleachers? I was at the Cathedral-Noblesville game to kick off the year and Noblesville had a porous showing from its own home crowd. A 70-80 mile roundtrip down to Greenwood isn't going to solve their problems either.

It makes sense for Carmel to join the HCC as they have plenty of geographical rivals, Center Grove, not so much.  

I'll take your word for it.  The Millers seem to travel decently well in other sports.

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Read my post dude.  I didn't say "hundreds of thousands" per year.  

Take your 20K and extrapolate over CGs life in The MIC.  You get a much bigger number.

You are always too quick to jump to conclusions.

Be more thoughtful my friend.

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Didn't Franklin Central just join the HCC, expanding the leagues footprint?

FC, a natural rival to Center Grove.

Hmmmmm.....

The HCC would give a nut to have CG.  

Just now, Footballking16 said:

I'm sure they would.

Just as I'm sure Center Grove is perfectly content in playing in the most competitive and talented conference in the state. 

As Temptation has documented, the gap is closing.  Ill put my chips on The HCC a little further down the road, especially if CG and CA jump ship.