Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove and Carmel Losing gate revenue by staying in The MIC

Guest DT

I dont believe the HCC is currently dominant over The MIC

I believe The MIC has owned the past.  And The HCC will own the future.  Currently, we are in a period of transition.  The baton is being passed, ever so slowly.  

3 minutes ago, DT said:

I dont believe the HCC is currently dominant over The MIC

I believe The MIC has owned the past.  And The HCC will own the future.  Currently, we are in a period of transition.  The baton is being passed, ever so slowly.  

I would have to agree with this statement. 

14 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Let's settle on this:

MIC = HISTORICAL dominance

HCC = CURRENT dominance.

Win a few state titles, heck make it to the state finals and we can start to about the HCC closing the gap. A few regular season wins over Pike, North Central, and Lawrence Central does signal current dominance. You still don't know what the word means. 

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Win a few state titles, heck make it to the state finals and we can start to about the HCC closing the gap. A few regular season wins over Pike, North Central, and Lawrence Central does signal current dominance. You still don't know what the word means. 

Don’t be surprised if an HCC team takes state this year or next

31 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

A North Central team that is probably tied with BD for the hottest team in 6A right now...(that same BD team that got curb stomped by Avon and Brownsburg).

I'll even go a step farther and say that HSE/Fishers would be a pick em game with Carmel if the sectional were this Friday...

Man, getting in the MIC lovers' feelings is so easy and such a great past time...

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Point taken as its hard to be hotter than UNDEFEATED.

Their SOS makes me skeptical though I believe they have as good of a shot at coming out of the north as anyone right now.  

NC and BD are the hottest relative to who they have played recently I guess.

14 minutes ago, Temptation said:

A North Central team that is probably tied with BD for the hottest team in 6A right now...(that same BD team that got curb stomped by Avon and Brownsburg).

I'll even go a step farther and say that HSE/Fishers would be a pick em game with Carmel if the sectional were this Friday...

Man, getting in the MIC lovers' feelings is so easy and such a great past time...

Ben Davis was also missing a number of starters the first 3 weeks of the season. 

I still think if you put the MIC up against the HCC, no way the HCC dominates...

Let’s also keep in mind that Avon and Brownsburg are VERY SENIOR HEAVY!  The MIC will dominate them in 2020.

Again, let’s not even talk basketball.  The MIC WON over 80% of their games against the HCC last year and I think that gap will widen in 2020.

• Disdain 1

3 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Ben Davis was also missing a number of starters the first 3 weeks of the season. 

I still think if you put the MIC up against the HCC, no way the HCC dominates...

Let’s also keep in mind that Avon and Brownsburg are VERY SENIOR HEAVY!  The MIC will dominate them in 2020.

Again, let’s not even talk basketball.  The MIC WON over 80% of their games against the HCC last year and I think that gap will widen in 2020.

1.  BD was NOT in fact missing “many starters” and their studs all played.

2.  Why are MIC teams that are senior heavy allowed to reload but HCC teams aren’t?  Enrollment outside of Carmel, BD and WC are similar.

3.  I never brought up basketball.  This is a FOOTBALL forum, right?

8 minutes ago, Temptation said:

2.  Why are MIC teams that are senior heavy allowed to reload but HCC teams aren’t?  Enrollment outside of Carmel, BD and WC are similar.

3.  I never brought up basketball.  This is a FOOTBALL forum, right?

1.) They were.  I know many of the coaches personally.  I’ve had these conversations.  I know exactly who was missing and for what reason.

2.) LOL, funniest thing I’ve ever heard.  I never said they weren’t allowed to reload.  When BD who struggled last year and WC this year you have consistently said the torch is being passed to the HCC, or Avon or Brownsburg.   Avon and Brownsburg have been in 6A for just as long as both of those two, they might be better for one year here and there but it’s not happening long term.

3.) We are talking about a CONFERENCE which includes all sports if you haven’t forgotten.  When you bring up the MIC, that includes everything.  When you talk about moving CG and Carmel out of the MIC (which I can assure you is not being discussed except for 2 people, one who stirs up trouble and the other who is the HCC cheerleader), then it encompasses all sports.

For a MIC dude, you sure do dog the conference quite heavily.  

Edited by HoosierFB_JG

Carmel fans did not travel to Ben Davis.

18 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Does offensive line count? BD played nine offensive linemen in the Avon game alone.

But you're right. Everyone has injuries. Not an excuse.

Edited by BDGiant93

3 hours ago, DT said:

This is not so much about the state of the Pike program, but more about issues of fairness and reciprocity.

At some point, money has to factor in to the equation.

It must be discouraging for CG to invest all this money in such a beautiful facility, and then see its closest allies, its conference brethren, blow it off while the CG caravan travels in full to every road game.  There is something just not right about that.

Truth is, CGs biggest home crowds in the past fifteen years have been against non con schools like Roncalli, Cathedral, Avon and New Pal.  Thats just not right.  

I see your point.  Disrespectful to fellow conference schools.  That continued low attendance does no one any good.

22 minutes ago, DT said:

Looks like we have a lot of massively overbuilt high school football facilities at a huge an unnecessary cost to state taxpayers

I hear the ones in Texas are top flight..build it and they will come..i don't mind giving tax money to see our youth have a little fun in a nice atmosphere.  Downtrodden facilities may deter numbers and we do not want that "C" word to happen!

28 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Most, if not all, of the MIC stadium renovations were privately funded. 

Pot.  Stir.

Highly doubtful.  Initial planning and construction were most likely included in the general contract to build the facility.  I would not be at all surprised to see private funding for projects like new turf, locker room expansion, exploding scoreboards,  giant inflatable helmets,  flying chest bump landing pits, Bro Shelters, etc, etc.

53 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

I hear the ones in Texas are top flight..build it and they will come..i don't mind giving tax money to see our youth have a little fun in a nice atmosphere.  Downtrodden facilities may deter numbers and we do not want that "C" word to happen!

Have you ever seen the one in Allen, TX?  

Unreal.

Just now, Gipper said:

Have you ever seen the one in Allen, TX?  

Unreal.

That facility in Allen had massive structural deficiencies.  Very dangerous.  Severe concrete settling problems.  Had to spend millions more to repair the place.