Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove and Carmel Losing gate revenue by staying in The MIC

Guest DT

8 minutes ago, DT said:

Highly doubtful.  Initial planning and construction were most likely included in the general contract to build the facility.  I would not be at all surprised to see private funding for projects like new turf, locker room expansion, exploding scoreboards,  giant inflatable helmets,  flying chest bump landing pits, Bro Shelters, etc, etc.

Ray Skillman helped CG out with their stadium renovation.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

Ray Skillman helped CG out with their stadium renovation.

Some renovations made sense like CG, Westfield,  Brownsburg. They needed the capacity and fans show up. It’s not always a packed house, but the crowds are large. Ben Davis and Warren were cosmetic makeovers. The current visitor side (old home seating) at each stadium is more than enough to accommodate the crowds each school brings to home games. The funding may have been private, it it doesn’t change the fact there was no real value added by building new home seating at BD and Warren. 

26 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Some renovations made sense like CG, Westfield,  Brownsburg. They needed the capacity and fans show up. It’s not always a packed house, but the crowds are large. Ben Davis and Warren were cosmetic makeovers. The current visitor side (old home seating) at each stadium is more than enough to accommodate the crowds each school brings to home games. The funding may have been private, it it doesn’t change the fact there was no real value added by building new home seating at BD and Warren. 

Hubris

3 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

I hear the ones in Texas are top flight..build it and they will come..i don't mind giving tax money to see our youth have a little fun in a nice atmosphere.  Downtrodden facilities may deter numbers and we do not want that "C" word to happen!

The saying down here is there's a lot of 4A-6A stadiums that are quite a bit nicer than a fair amount of D2 & D3 colleges.  We have two very nice high school stadiums in the Waco area.  Not at the level of Allen, but still pretty impressive.  One of them is shared by two schools.

12 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

We've traveled to Tech before to play you guys.  Didn't we represent well in the past?  

CG makes the drive north quite often as you can imagine...not an easy drive in that direction either.....but, its not that bad.  Construction does make it more challenging.

I hope the Center Grove crowd is massive at Tech next Friday!

On 10/8/2019 at 7:04 PM, Boilernation said:

This isn’t Chicago, LA, Atlanta, etc. I could get to CG from Noblesville within an hour on a Friday night. That’s a piece of cake for such a long distance.

I'm speaking of the traffic situation.  I live on the westside of Indy, near Ben Davis,  and sometimes it takes me an hour to get to Tech on some Friday nights.  It's even tougher coming from the south on most Friday nights.  Our roads were built for 1970's traffic and are now overcrowded.

23 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Carmel.jpg

Carmel2.jpg

Still haven't seen DT respond to this fact that Carmel did not travel on a beautiful night for a critical MIC game at BD.

---

As far as the BD facilities go, the turf, if I recall correctly, was paid for by the NFL the first time in a grant and by IU Health when it was pulled up and replaced.

Giants Stadium had the home side/track reconstructed in 2006 as part of the renovation of the Chapel Hill 7th & 8th Grade Center. The northern locker room building was built at that time and built around the existing scoreboard/storage building. It includes garage bays for outdoor equipment and maintenance vehicles. This building also houses restrooms for the visiting side. The southern (home) locker room was built in 1998.

The visitors side (OLD HOME SIDE) was constructed in circa 1988. The press box on that side was replaced two years ago as it had fallen into severe disrepair and had major roof problems. It is used by all media except for WBDG.

Edited by BDGiant93

Carmel does not travel particularly well either.  Ive seen some sparse Copper Kettle crowds at Center Grove on the CA side over the years.

I think Carmel would travel better in The HCC.  More natural geographic rivals 

3 hours ago, DT said:

Carmel does not travel particularly well either.  Ive seen some sparse Copper Kettle crowds at Center Grove on the CA side over the years.

Lol wasn’t the point of this post that Carmel travels well along with CG.

Go ahead, start back pedaling.  

I can tell you this isn’t the case.  Kids in the Indy area have way more to do these days and they hardly ever travel to games anymore.  Even the Copper Kettle game has seen attendance dwindle. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

I can tell you this isn’t the case.  Kids in the Indy area have way more to do these days and they hardly ever travel to games anymore.  Even the Copper Kettle game has seen attendance dwindle. 

Probably doesn’t help that it’s some sort of forced rivalry for a trophy that no one seems to be able to explain.

1 hour ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

That was Tuesday...when it was sunny and wind was out of the west.

Today was cloudy with an easterly wind.

Try to keep up.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, DT said:

Wait a second...wasn’t the entire premise of this thread for Carmel and CG to leave the MIC because their other conference foes don’t travel well (ie pull their weight like CG and Carmel)????

Now Carmel doesn’t travel particularly well either? 

Geez you’re all over the place.

This did get to 7 pages, congrats I guess?

53 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Wait a second...wasn’t the entire premise of this thread for Carmel and CG to leave the MIC because their other conference foes don’t travel well (ie pull their weight like CG and Carmel)????

Now Carmel doesn’t travel particularly well either? 

Geez you’re all over the place.

This did get to 7 pages, congrats I guess?

I would agree, this thread is a joke and all about opening mouth and inserting foot.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Sectional 1 should be VERY interesting.

I can see Jeff winning Sectional 1 and I can see them losing their opening game.

Best wishes all.

Have a great day and night and try and stay dry.

Nervous about that already.  My friends at Accu-Weather also speak of impending doom just like DT.  Sectional 1 will be great--I'm picking the Jeff Bronchos with an H...

Edited by Gipper

1 hour ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

I would agree, this thread is a joke and all about opening mouth and inserting foot.

Its a fantastic thread and the numbers prove it.  Glad to have your participation.

Here is how I would rank MIC travel by school.  Note I led this thread by hiliting the better historical travel of CG and CA.  Also note that not all are created equal however.

Center Grove - Fantastic

Carmel - Good

WC - Fair

BD - Poor

LN/LC/NC/PK - Awful  (The Terre Haute schools travelled better than this group)  

Edited by DT

On 10/9/2019 at 9:26 AM, Footballking16 said:

Westfield could very well split into two high schools 10-15 years down the road....

Westfield is a single township school and doesn't even have a second middle school currently.  Not gonna happen.