Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove and Carmel Losing gate revenue by staying in The MIC

Guest DT

2 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

Based upon such a small sample set, that is what I call an "outlier".......

But it’s the most RECENT data. (Another mighty MIC fan getting their feelings hurt at a SUGGESTION.). 😂

7 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

LOL....no hurt feelings at all....don't confuse a good old fashioned belly laugh with hurt feelings.  You just keep being you!!

The “MIC is the best conference in the Midwest/America” narrative has been shoved down our throats for so long that the notion that another conference “might be close/equal/better” is causing some to get pretty defensive.

I just hope the goalposts don’t move if Avon/Brownsburg represents the south and Carmel gets bounced in sectional 4.

Then the whole season would probably be an “outlier” I assume?

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

The “MIC is the best conference in the Midwest/America” narrative has been shoved down our throats for so long that the notion that another conference “might be close/equal/better” is causing some to get pretty defensive.

I just hope the goalposts don’t move if Avon/Brownsburg represents the south and Carmel gets bounced in sectional 4.

Then the whole season would probably be an “outlier” I assume?

You just make me question you more and more that you actually graduated from a MIC school. 

13 hours ago, DT said:

Its a fantastic thread and the numbers prove it.  Glad to have your participation.

Here is how I would rank MIC travel by school.  Note I led this thread by hiliting the better historical travel of CG and CA.  Also note that not all are created equal however.

Center Grove - Fantastic

Carmel - Good

WC - Fair

BD - Poor

LN/LC/NC/PK - Awful  (The Terre Haute schools travelled better than this group)  

What are you basing your ranking on?  You must qualify this for me to take you seriously which I don’t.

25 minutes ago, Gipper said:

What are you basing your ranking on?  You must qualify this for me to take you seriously which I don’t.

Have you ever seen a MIC game in person?  Watched one on live stream video?  

Ive seen dozens.  At multiple venues.  

3 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Wow

He’s a loser, I’ve faced tougher obstacles.  But it is sad to witness such behavior over something like this.  There will always be debate in all facets of life, but this insecure behavior needs to be avoided at all costs.

21 hours ago, Gipper said:

As an American, I fully support all of our democratic freedoms, to which free speech is included.  But if my free speech questions another party’s free speech, that doesn’t give said party to act like a baby.

You implied people who go to MIC Football games don't have a life. Thats a pretty harsh comment on a high school football forum

1 minute ago, CGFan2017 said:

You implied people who go to MIC Football games don't have a life. Thats a pretty harsh comment on a high school football forum

No I didn’t.  Some poster who shall remain nameless asked me if I had ever watched or steamed a MIC game.  I live in the Chicago suburbs, therefore I have no need or want to.  Stop being over sensitive.

3 minutes ago, Gipper said:

No I didn’t.  Some poster who shall remain nameless asked me if I had ever watched or steamed a MIC game.  I live in the Chicago suburbs, therefore I have no need or want to.  Stop being over sensitive.

You seem pretty sensitive considering you're continuing to interact with the guy on everything he posts. The amount of real estate he must own in your head is unreal

Edited by CGFan2017

On 10/8/2019 at 1:21 PM, Footballking16 said:

Are you just fudging numbers now? If both teams moved to the HCC that'd leave 10 team and no open dates for a non-conference opponent (extra home games). Would mean at most Center Grove is playing 5 home regular season games a year and a minimum of 4. Take your highest number at $4,000, multiply that by 5 home games and you're at $20,000, nowhere near the "hundreds and thousands of dollars" you're eluding too. 

Doesn’t take too many years at $20K a pop to add up to hundreds of thousands. How long has this been the case?

On 10/11/2019 at 11:55 PM, Gipper said:

I have something called a life that impedes me from doing so.

Strong claim from a guy replying multiple times on a high school football message board about a topic he seems to think is overblown...near midnight...

9 hours ago, CGFan2017 said:

You seem pretty sensitive considering you're continuing to interact with the guy on everything he posts. The amount of real estate he must own in your head is unreal

This.

I'm not picking on Gipper's "have a life" comment, but I think about the following all the time. Someone once asked me............."you go to high school football games? You don't have any kids there? That's weird." My comment back................."you go to NFL games? You don't have family or friends who play on the Colts? You actually wear a jersey with another man's last name on the back? That's weird. Furthermore, you just dropped $500 on a game so that some player can drive home in HIS lamborghini, going home to HIS million dollar mansion, right after blowing a wad on booze and God only knows what else. The game I went to on Friday not cost me $0 in parking, $6 to get in, $5 for drink and food, and my money went to support LOCAL high school athletics." When you go to an NFL game, you are supporting the lavish lifestyle of the owners and players...................no thanks, give me high school football all day long. 

• Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Gipper said:

High school football is highly entertaining. I wasn’t picking on anybody with the have a life comment, just merely saying it would be rather fruitless to travel a great distance to watch a game I don’t have a personal stake in.

I’ve been doing it for 42 yrs. 😂🤣😅

Seriously, some people are just avid high school football fans. High school and small college football are the purest forms of the sport we love.

Edited by Bobref
  • Like 5