Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DT

Center Grove and Carmel Losing gate revenue by staying in The MIC

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Temptation said:

How about CURRENTLY dominant?  Does that work for you?

How dare I use data points from the last 7 weeks to fit a "narrative?"

They have been better this year as in terms of record. That in no way, shape, or form speaks to the dominance that the MIC currently has over the HCC. It's not comparable, you cannot use a small sample space such as 7 games to offset the significant gap between the two conferences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks like a few things could be in play for this particular game.  First, Pike was 1-5 going into that one.  The record could be the reason for the low turn out and, conversely IMHO, I think low turnouts do have some (albeit a small percentage) effect on if or how quickly a losing program can turn around.  The OP gives the impression that the CG stands were full, so maybe it's a function of the "football culture" at these schools.  The commute could very well factor in, as well.  I Google mapped these schools, and yeah, a drive basically across Indy during rush hour could be a problem and not everyone has flexible work hours.  I'd bet a good 1/3 of our crowds didn't arrive at games until mid-way 1st quarter.

Whatever the reason, some schools just don't travel well.  Down here, it's typically the schools with teams that are struggling.  There's a few teams where we put more of our people in the stands at JV games than the opponent does for varsity games.  Heck, the turnout in the picture would be considered borderline unacceptable for a jr. high game at our school!  Could just be a general apathetic attitude for the people that could attend but choose not to.  I do know that while the players shouldn't be focusing on the bleachers, they know if the crowd is big/small and if they're into the game or not.  My sons would always take a quick glance before the game just to make sure the wife and I were there.  Don't think that attendance doesn't factor into the motivation of a team.

Edited by Bonecrusher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

@Coach Nowlin will let you guys bet a donation to the GID.. I did it in the past, and Coach OK’d it.. thanks to @rebeldad for that 1 year of Donor status 🙂 

facts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Bonecrusher said:

Looks like a few things could be in play for this particular game.  First, Pike was 1-5 going into that one.  The record could be the reason for the low turn out and, conversely IMHO, I think low turnouts do have some (albeit a small percentage) effect on if or how quickly a losing program can turn around.  The OP gives the impression that the CG stands were full, so maybe it's a function of the "football culture" at these schools.  The commute could very well factor in, as well.  I Google mapped these schools, and yeah, a drive basically across Indy during rush hour could be a problem and not everyone has flexible work hours.  I'd bet a good 1/3 of our crowds didn't arrive at games until mid-way 1st quarter.

Whatever the reason, some schools just don't travel well.  Down here, it's typically the schools with teams that are struggling.  There's a few teams where we put more of our people in the stands at JV games than the opponent does for varsity games.  Heck, the turnout in the picture would be considered borderline unacceptable for a jr. high game at our school!  Could just be a general apathetic attitude for the people that could attend but choose not to.  I do know that while the players shouldn't be focusing on the bleachers, they know if the crowd is big/small and if they're into the game or not.  My sons would always take a quick glance before the game just to make sure the wife and I were there.  Don't think that attendance doesn't factor into the motivation of a team.

This is not so much about the state of the Pike program, but more about issues of fairness and reciprocity.

At some point, money has to factor in to the equation.

It must be discouraging for CG to invest all this money in such a beautiful facility, and then see its closest allies, its conference brethren, blow it off while the CG caravan travels in full to every road game.  There is something just not right about that.

Truth is, CGs biggest home crowds in the past fifteen years have been against non con schools like Roncalli, Cathedral, Avon and New Pal.  Thats just not right.  

 

Edited by DT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can look at the Avon at Fishers game from a couple of weeks back on the IHSAA tv network. Five minutes before game time, there MIGHT be 150 fans in the stands for  6A's #1 Orioles. 

Windfall profits await.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whenever I go to a sporting event at Center Grove or Carmel, I always notice how poor their facilities have become. Thanks to DT, I now know that the reason that these 2 schools have fallen on hard times is due to poor visiting fans attendance at football games. So sad.

(p.s. It's sarcasm, people! They have fantastic facilities thanks to big fan support, corporate sponsors & solid tax bases.)  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

They have been better this year as in terms of record. That in no way, shape, or form speaks to the dominance that the MIC currently has over the HCC. It's not comparable, you cannot use a small sample space such as 7 games to offset the significant gap between the two conferences. 

Let's settle on this:

MIC = HISTORICAL dominance

HCC = CURRENT dominance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont believe the HCC is currently dominant over The MIC

I believe The MIC has owned the past.  And The HCC will own the future.  Currently, we are in a period of transition.  The baton is being passed, ever so slowly.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DT said:

I dont believe the HCC is currently dominant over The MIC

I believe The MIC has owned the past.  And The HCC will own the future.  Currently, we are in a period of transition.  The baton is being passed, ever so slowly.  

I would have to agree with this statement. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cg_holmeaid said:

I would have to agree with this statement. 

And I would be very remiss if I didn't chip in with one of my Gipperisms: "everything's cyclical"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Let's settle on this:

MIC = HISTORICAL dominance

HCC = CURRENT dominance.

 

Win a few state titles, heck make it to the state finals and we can start to about the HCC closing the gap. A few regular season wins over Pike, North Central, and Lawrence Central does signal current dominance. You still don't know what the word means. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Footballking16 said:

Win a few state titles, heck make it to the state finals and we can start to about the HCC closing the gap. A few regular season wins over Pike, North Central, and Lawrence Central does signal current dominance. You still don't know what the word means. 

Don’t be surprised if an HCC team takes state this year or next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

Don’t be surprised if an HCC team takes state this year or next

Wouldn't be shocked in the least. Still doesn't override the nearly three decade long run of dominance the MIC is on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Win a few state titles, heck make it to the state finals and we can start to about the HCC closing the gap. A few regular season wins over Pike, North Central, and Lawrence Central does signal current dominance. You still don't know what the word means. 

A North Central team that is probably tied with BD for the hottest team in 6A right now...(that same BD team that got curb stomped by Avon and Brownsburg).

I'll even go a step farther and say that HSE/Fishers would be a pick em game with Carmel if the sectional were this Friday...

Man, getting in the MIC lovers' feelings is so easy and such a great past time...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Point taken as its hard to be hotter than UNDEFEATED.

Their SOS makes me skeptical though I believe they have as good of a shot at coming out of the north as anyone right now.  

NC and BD are the hottest relative to who they have played recently I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Point taken as its hard to be hotter than UNDEFEATED.

Their SOS makes me skeptical though I believe they have as good of a shot at coming out of the north as anyone right now.  

NC and BD are the hottest relative to who they have played recently I guess.

NCC, the Conference of Champions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Temptation said:

A North Central team that is probably tied with BD for the hottest team in 6A right now...(that same BD team that got curb stomped by Avon and Brownsburg).

I'll even go a step farther and say that HSE/Fishers would be a pick em game with Carmel if the sectional were this Friday...

Man, getting in the MIC lovers' feelings is so easy and such a great past time...

 

Ben Davis was also missing a number of starters the first 3 weeks of the season. 

 

I still think if you put the MIC up against the HCC, no way the HCC dominates...

Let’s also keep in mind that Avon and Brownsburg are VERY SENIOR HEAVY!  The MIC will dominate them in 2020.

 

Again, let’s not even talk basketball.  The MIC WON over 80% of their games against the HCC last year and I think that gap will widen in 2020.

  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Ben Davis was also missing a number of starters the first 3 weeks of the season. 

 

I still think if you put the MIC up against the HCC, no way the HCC dominates...

Let’s also keep in mind that Avon and Brownsburg are VERY SENIOR HEAVY!  The MIC will dominate them in 2020.

 

Again, let’s not even talk basketball.  The MIC WON over 80% of their games against the HCC last year and I think that gap will widen in 2020.

1.  BD was NOT in fact missing “many starters” and their studs all played.

2.  Why are MIC teams that are senior heavy allowed to reload but HCC teams aren’t?  Enrollment outside of Carmel, BD and WC are similar.

3.  I never brought up basketball.  This is a FOOTBALL forum, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

8 minutes ago, Temptation said:

1.  BD was NOT in fact missing “many starters” and their studs all played.

2.  Why are MIC teams that are senior heavy allowed to reload but HCC teams aren’t?  Enrollment outside of Carmel, BD and WC are similar.

3.  I never brought up basketball.  This is a FOOTBALL forum, right?

1.) They were.  I know many of the coaches personally.  I’ve had these conversations.  I know exactly who was missing and for what reason.

 

2.) LOL, funniest thing I’ve ever heard.  I never said they weren’t allowed to reload.  When BD who struggled last year and WC this year you have consistently said the torch is being passed to the HCC, or Avon or Brownsburg.   Avon and Brownsburg have been in 6A for just as long as both of those two, they might be better for one year here and there but it’s not happening long term.

 

3.) We are talking about a CONFERENCE which includes all sports if you haven’t forgotten.  When you bring up the MIC, that includes everything.  When you talk about moving CG and Carmel out of the MIC (which I can assure you is not being discussed except for 2 people, one who stirs up trouble and the other who is the HCC cheerleader), then it encompasses all sports.

 

For a MIC dude, you sure do dog the conference quite heavily.  

Edited by HoosierFB_JG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Carmel fans did not travel to Ben Davis.

18 minutes ago, Temptation said:

1.  BD was NOT in fact missing “many starters” and their studs all played.

Does offensive line count? BD played nine offensive linemen in the Avon game alone.

But you're right. Everyone has injuries. Not an excuse.

Edited by BDGiant93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 3:32 PM, DT said:

 

FC, a natural rival to Center Grove.

 

 

Taught at Franklin Central and never once thought of Center Grove as a rival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BDGiant93 said:

Taught at Franklin Central and never once thought of Center Grove as a rival.

I concur.....MIC brothers such as Carmel, WC and BD are much bigger rivals.  Not even close.

As close as CG is to FC, Southport and Perry, not big rivals....at least during the last 20 years.  Perhaps single sports such as softball, soccer, etc.  But not football and not overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Carmel fans did not travel to Ben Davis.

 

Carmel.jpg

Carmel2.jpg

Edited by BDGiant93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...