Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Best hs player you've seen in person

I know this had been a on previous gid forums..we all see those once in a decade players grace the frozen tundra..wanted to give credit this year..ill go with Jeff samardiaza (sp) from valpo n Desmond tardy from wc..miquale Lewis takes 3rd from fw snider.. sound off on a few all time greats!!

12 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

I know this had been a on previous gid forums..we all see those once in a decade players grace the frozen tundra..wanted to give credit this year..ill go with Jeff samardiaza (sp) from valpo n Desmond tardy from wc..miquale Lewis takes 3rd from fw snider.. sound off on a few all time greats!!

Max Norris from Center Grove, possibly one of the best running backs of the decade.

• Thanks 1

I’ve basically only watched Fort Wayne players besides the playoffs so take it with a grain of salt. Miquale Lewis was awesome but a little bit before my time. I would have to say John Goodman at Dwenger, played WR his sophomore and junior years than QB his senior year and went on to play at ND. I can’t leave jaylon smith out either as he was completely dominant running the football.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Jeff Samardzija and Jaylon Smith

8 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Thanks for the spell check..i wonder if valpo has someone like that this year..

You are welcome. 😊.  Coached against him in my early HS coaching days at Lake Central. 

Had a wonderful opportunity to “pick his brain” while he was at ND. His cousin played for me at Wheeler HS. Jeff came into speak w some of the kids, and after, he was kind enough to share drills, techniques, etc., that they worked on at ND.

I can not answer the last part. I have not seen them play, but know they are a very talented team from their media coverage. 

9 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Stevie Brown - Columbus East

Markell Jones - Columbus East (one of the best RB’s at the high school level I’ve seen) 

I've never seen a better high school back in the hole than Markell.  He had great feet and vision.  So much fun to watch, even when he went for 300+ against us in the 2014 semi state.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Jay Cutler--it was always obvious that kid was special.

Funny thing I knew Jay Cutler was really good when he took over as starter late in the Southridge game his Sophomore season but until he made that pass across the field his Senior season I still thought Pat Crews was  our best all-time QB.

Pat quit the team midway through either his Sophomore or Junior season but when he returned still impressed enough to get offers from the University of Michigan. He had a lot of similarities to Jay, Rocket arm and great runner but Pat was faster if I remember correctly he was state finalists in the 100 yard dash.