Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Best hs player you've seen in person

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

Yes....I remember Vagas Ferguson playing at ND.  He was awesome!  I don't remember his playing days at Richmond HS, but have to assume he was pretty special.

He also had Roger Frazier (Indiana 1975 100 yd dash champion and 1975 Prep Track and Field Athlete of the Year) in the backfield with him at Richmond.  Dude ran a 9.5 100 in HS.  

On 10/8/2019 at 11:10 PM, CaptainHook said:

James Banks

Definitely #1.

On 10/9/2019 at 6:11 AM, Lysander said:

Zack Martin

Darkhorse #2. His film was great. You knew you had no chance as an opponent.  You could line him up on the play side every down and you still couldn't stop the play because of him.

16 hours ago, psaboy said:

I saw Rod play numerous times. I think I recall he scored a TD on an INT, punt return and kickoff return, plus had a rushing or receiving TD in one game. Now this would have been almost 40 years ago, so I may be adding one that may not have happened??

Best I ever saw in HS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EricFeller said:

Definitely #1.

Darkhorse #2. His film was great. You knew you had no chance as an opponent.  You could line him up on the play side every down and you still couldn't stop the play because of him.

I think Baker was the better HS lineman just due to his length. Baker was used in more ways, as well.

Seifrig is the best player that I have ever practiced or played with. Untouchable, versatile (run, pass, catch, return), and very physical as a safety with good ball skills.

One name I am surprised to see that hasn't shown up is Rick Mirer from Goshen. He played for the Redskins before my time, but my dad coached against him and said there was little they could scheme up defensively that would slow him down. His senior season (1988) he threw for 3,900+ yards and 30 TDs. Definitely a name I always heard stories about while growing up in the NLC.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2019 at 1:22 AM, AG said:

I was a big fan of Danny, but Jack is the best player I've ever seen at the 1A level, hands down.

You are biased though. 

On 10/10/2019 at 5:49 PM, RedwoodCowTippers said:

Frank Vega

Eli Radke

Courtney Clency

Josh Smith

Devin Moore

Daniel Wodikca (I know I butchered his name, I apologize)

Eli Cook

Danny Anthrop

Frank Vega was a BAD man. John Hendryx told me a few stories about him. Great player. 

1 hour ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

You are biased though. 

Frank Vega was a BAD man. John Hendryx told me a few stories about him. Great player. 

I've also seen Jack play 50+ times. He was a 4* recruit and won Mr. Football.