Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

TWD Season 10

Irishman

It’s back....apologies to @DannEllenwood for not waiting. Pretty good episode last night. It appears the jump in time was not as drastic this time. Somehow Alpha’s group obtained a nuclear weapon? Or did I miss that from last season? Carol stumbling on where Alpha lives was interesting. A nice arrow between the eyes of Alpha would have been fun to see. I will be curious where the writers go with what was found in the satellite. 

No apologies necessary brother.  Hope all is well.

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The jump was only the winter.  The writers have wanted to add snow to the show for some time.  This was a huge nod to the comics....hence the snowflake at the end of episode 915 (scene w Daryl and Lydia) at the pikes and of course episode 916's blizzard.

The Whisperers migrate to warmer climates for the winter, like birds, and return to their "home" once the weather gets better.

In regards to the nuclear weapon, I could only surmise that was a reference to Alpha's army (remember scene w/ Alpha and Daryl on the cliff-same place Carol saw Alpha at the end of 1001).

Remember, Daryl took Carol to Alpha's home (the cliff-see above).

If, if, IF, the show writers stay the course, you will LOVE how Alpha's story grows in the show.

I think the Venn diagram is beginning to form a complete circle w/ Fear.  If I had to bet, that was the same satellite from when Victor Strand was on a boat and tried the CB and picked up/talked w/ a Russian astronaut (season 2 maybe of Fear).......but....the satellite is there for a reason, new characters to join show, etc.  All leading to........DM me if you want potential spoilers from comics.

Princess is AWESOME!  Paola Lazaro was just cast recently...........SO!  MUCH!  MORE!  People think this show is dead (no pun intended).  This universe is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!  Obvioulsy, I can't wait!

001.jpg

I am SUPER stoked for this weeks episode.  I heard over the summer that there would be a backstory episode of Beta (Ryan Hurst) and more of Alpha's (Samantha Morton).  I just didn't think it would be this soon in the season!  YES!

Again, if the TV show writers stay close to the comics, Beta wears a mask for a HUGE reason, which would be SO AWESOME to show on TV.  If they don't, I can tell you after the episode.

11 minutes ago, Irishman said:

The previews for next week gave the appearance that Beta is developing doubts about Alpha and her ability to lead. 

Hmmmmmmm.........

He can always "challenge" her to be the new "Alpha" and hasn't yet.......so, maybe you are onto something...

2 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Women control the money and the pu....., so nothing under the sun is new.

LOL!

Alpha is NOT human as we see her now!

Your OP would be accurate if you remember to her brief backstory last season when she was stuck in Baltimore.

Edited by Guest

Man I hope they go full reveal as to who Beta was before the outbreak. If they do, I’m going w a famous recording artist, slightly different than the comics, but still famous. 

6 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I thought the dude was paralyzed in an auto accident.

?  

^^^ my initial response. Lol

IO, did you just find out Beta is played by Ryan Hurst (Gary Bertier)?

Edited by Guest

Sometimes watching the Talking Dead afterward reveals more than I seem to catch during the show. Only a hint of Beta’s past as a musician was given, not much else that I saw. It was interesting getting some of the background, and the start of the wearing faces thing, but it seemed they spent a LOT of time on that. I am also finding the buildup to what is coming is often overdone. What are the odds that an attack is coming from the whisperers in the next episode? At this point, Alpha just gives me the creeps.....kill her off already. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Sometimes watching the Talking Dead afterward reveals more than I seem to catch during the show. Only a hint of Beta’s past as a musician was given, not much else that I saw. It was interesting getting some of the background, and the start of the wearing faces thing, but it seemed they spent a LOT of time on that. I am also finding the buildup to what is coming is often overdone. What are the odds that an attack is coming from the whisperers in the next episode? At this point, Alpha just gives me the creeps.....kill her off already. 

Agreed 100%.  Also can follow some official TWD twitter handles.

Have to watch episode 514 (I believe) of Fear to pick up the musician reference.  The one w/ the records.

Alpha, Lydia, and Beta were at a Rehab center.  One or both (Beta and friend from picture that had faces removed/friend had the smiley shirt face on an Beta had the cowboy hat on-looks just like the record from fear.)

2 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

You mentioned Beta's previous life, he was a bigger than life all american HS LB back in the day who bridged racial divides, no?

The worlds collide

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

Agreed 100%.  Also can follow some official TWD twitter handles.

Have to watch episode 514 (I believe) of Fear to pick up the musician reference.  The one w/ the records.

Alpha, Lydia, and Beta were at a Rehab center.  One or both (Beta and friend from picture that had faces removed/friend had the smiley shirt face on an Beta had the cowboy hat on-looks just like the record from fear.)

image.jpeg.9e27e3ae0c195c583d7e05ea70c80f1c.jpeg

Image result for beta the walking dead episode 1002 scratched out faces

11 minutes ago, Irishman said:

AAAAAANNNNNNND, the school WAS in Virginia. 😳image.png.6b8d9c64e9b6e6a5e6bde7db3a86f128.png

Buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, was Beta *FROM* Virginia, or, was he from the Baltimore area like Alpha (her first backstory episode last season was set in Baltimore)........

Alright....................scratch all the show runners and writers.  Irish, IO, and I are the new folks in charge.  

18 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, was Beta *FROM* Virginia, or, was he from the Baltimore area like Alpha (her first backstory episode last season was set in Baltimore)........

Alright....................scratch all the show runners and writers.  Irish, IO, and I are the new folks in charge.  

That would explain her love of squalor. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Boy is Alpha sinister.  Samantha Morton is a wonderfully talented actress.  She portrays Alpha so very well.  Out of all the characters from the comics, I would say the people that cast these actors and actresses have been so spot on w/:

1) Samantha Morton as Alpha

2) Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Negan

3) Andrew Lincoln as Rick

Just so perfect.

Think Ryan Hurst is doing awesome as Beta, but his physical stature in the comics is sorely missing in the show.  He was a MONSTER size wise in the comics (7 feet and former Pro Basketball Player).  Always thought a perfect person to portray Beta in the show would've been Kane, from WWE fame....seeing that Beta doesn't have a ton of dialogue.

On 10/29/2019 at 9:18 AM, Irishman said:

Alpha has overplayed her hand now. Mischonne is on to her. I am curious to see what develops with Negan now. 

Are you sure about that?