Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

TWD Season 10

Irishman

What an incredible episode (1010) last night.  Creepy.  Alpha.  Beta.  Gamma.

This is one of the best episodes I have viewed since 616 or 701.

The Whisperers are WAY more advanced than the crew has ever thought and to be honest, Angela Kang and the show-runners are making them light years better than they were in the comics.

10-B will fly by, with all of this action, but do not "Fear", when 10-B concludes on 4/12, The World Beyond kicks off.  This will give us almost 1 full year of the Dead Universe.

image.jpeg.001888d0055e12ae2d027aee3a6c217c.jpeg

I was certain that 2 of the 3 would be dead (Daryl, Alpha, or Beta). Why Judith did not shoot Beta in the head is a bit puzzling. IF he were killed by the shot she fired, he would become a walker.....I figured it was now a SOP to either shoot to the head or chop at it depending on the weapon available after someone had been taken down. It was still a great episode though. A show like this was needed as the conflict with the whisperers was feeling like it was being dragged out a bit to start this year. 

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

I was certain that 2 of the 3 would be dead (Daryl, Alpha, or Beta). Why Judith did not shoot Beta in the head is a bit puzzling. IF he were killed by the shot she fired, he would become a walker.....I figured it was now a SOP to either shoot to the head or chop at it depending on the weapon available after someone had been taken down. It was still a great episode though. A show like this was needed as the conflict with the whisperers was feeling like it was being dragged out a bit to start this year. 

Get ready......

Sorry.  What is SOP?

Strong finish to a great episode. So now what happens to the other whisperers? Beta is doomed for certain. He is too dumb to lead the group. Does Negan unite them with the others? I did not see the Carol connection coming though. 

26 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Strong finish to a great episode. So now what happens to the other whisperers? Beta is doomed for certain. He is too dumb to lead the group. Does Negan unite them with the others? I did not see the Carol connection coming though. 

You think Beta is dumb?  Interesting. 🤔 

I think he is more than just the muscle.  Does he ascend to Alpha or is that Negan?

Kind of cool nod to the comics when the whisperer mentioned, “it’s you!”

In the comics Beta was a famous pro hooper.  In the show, the distinct link has been made between TWD and Fear.  If you watch the show, Daniel Salazar is collecting records.  A fight ensues with some walkers and the records are scattered.  There is a brief shot of an album with Beta’s “before” picture on the cover.

Then in episode 1002 I believe (backstory of how he and Alpha met), there is a picture of him and his friend (who’s face and shirt he wears) with his face scratched out.  

Now onto Carol and Negan.

Carol was indeed the one who let Negan out of his cell. 

This is the first scene between Carol and Negan. 

Carol is an original and Negan has been with us since episode 616. 

We have 4 more episodes until the end of season 10.

Anymore major deaths?

Where there is death, there must be life, no?

Cant wait to see West Virginia. 

What has Georgie been up to?  Teaching?

Thank you for the dialogue.  A much needed reprieve.  

My reasoning for saying that about Beta is the absolute blind loyalty to Alpha. He was easily manipulated by her, and refused to think for himself. My prediction, since Negan cannot stand him, is that Negan will rally the other whisperers against Beta. Most of them live in absolute fear of him and Alpha. They have seen them both do really cruel things. Now, will Negan and Carol bring them into the fold of the group? 
and yes, it was a great distraction from all the other stuff....especially a weekend with no sports at all. I kept thinking about the commonalities, between their world and what we have seen in reality. How similar to the initial attack? The raids on  the local stores, seeing how people have taken to the extremes of the seriousness, or lack thereof of what we are currently going through, and the lack of any sports. Yeah, I have been THAT bored. 

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

My reasoning for saying that about Beta is the absolute blind loyalty to Alpha. He was easily manipulated by her, and refused to think for himself. My prediction, since Negan cannot stand him, is that Negan will rally the other whisperers against Beta. Most of them live in absolute fear of him and Alpha. They have seen them both do really cruel things. Now, will Negan and Carol bring them into the fold of the group? 
and yes, it was a great distraction from all the other stuff....especially a weekend with no sports at all. I kept thinking about the commonalities, between their world and what we have seen in reality. How similar to the initial attack? The raids on  the local stores, seeing how people have taken to the extremes of the seriousness, or lack thereof of what we are currently going through, and the lack of any sports. Yeah, I have been THAT bored. 

This is just MHO, but if the show runners were going to go the route of bringing some/all of the whisperers in (like they did with the Saviors) with our group, they wouldn't have killed of Gamma.  She was the link.

4 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

This is just MHO, but if the show runners were going to go the route of bringing some/all of the whisperers in (like they did with the Saviors) with our group, they wouldn't have killed of Gamma.  She was the link.

Truuuuuue....BUT, the one dude did just see Beta kill her, sooooooo

hmmmmmm

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Truuuuuue....BUT, the one dude did just see Beta kill her, sooooooo

hmmmmmm

Correct, then Beta killed him (the whisperer who said, “It’s you!”) or at least turned him into a guardian (Walker).

Or are you talking about Alden, Kelly and the baby?

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

Correct, then Beta killed him (the whisperer who said, “It’s you!”) or at least turned him into a guardian (Walker).

Or are you talking about Alden, Kelly and the baby?

I was not sure if he had just knocked that guy out or not. I forgot about those two seeing him do that as well. 

That show started out as a snoozer. The preview for the next week, in a one minute clip was more interesting. Interesting that they revive the whole Rick Grimes story line. And watching the Talking Dead......I did not realize this was the end of the road for Mischonne. 

29 minutes ago, Irishman said:

That show started out as a snoozer. The preview for the next week, in a one minute clip was more interesting. Interesting that they revive the whole Rick Grimes story line. And watching the Talking Dead......I did not realize this was the end of the road for Mischonne. 

They have these shows at times, to unravel story lines to move forward. Think of a ven diagram with TWD, ftwd, world beyond, and the “Rick Grimes” movies all beginning to overlap. 

Correct, this is Michonne’s last episode on TWD. With her role in TWD and most recently in Black Panther, Danai Gurrira’s career has really taken off. She is heavily rumored, and w tonight’s ending it sure appears, that she will reunite, at some point with Rick in the movies. 

To me, this was my favorite Michonne episode ever. I enjoyed how they portrayed her w a different group, The Saviors.  Chris Hardwick touched on this on Talking Dead numerous times about how it would be interesting to see how “our group” could’ve turned out differently had they joined a different group. 

3 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

They have these shows at times, to unravel story lines to move forward. Think of a ven diagram with TWD, ftwd, world beyond, and the “Rick Grimes” movies all beginning to overlap. 

Correct, this is Michonne’s last episode on TWD. With her role in TWD and most recently in Black Panther, Danai Gurrira’s career has really taken off. She is heavily rumored, and w tonight’s ending it sure appears, that she will reunite, at some point with Rick in the movies. 

To me, this was my favorite Michonne episode ever. I enjoyed how they portrayed her w a different group, The Saviors.  Chris Hardwick touched on this on Talking Dead numerous times about how it would be interesting to see how “our group” could’ve turned out differently had they joined a different group. 

Many times, I have found that the Talking Dead helps work through so many things that happen in the episode. This has helped worked through it, so I can appreciate all that took place. It does seem that after a great or intense episode, the one that follows goes a bit flat. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Irishman said:

Many times, I have found that the Talking Dead helps work through so many things that happen in the episode. This has helped worked through it, so I can appreciate all that took place. It does seem that after a great or intense episode, the one that follows goes a bit flat. 

I think the perfect example is 702.

In 701, we find out who is Lucilled.

702, sure we meet The King and Jerry, but it was a much needed pause.

Not comparing 701 to 1012.

10 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

To be such a strong character, Alpha's stint was pretty short lived. How is the story playing along with the comics?

I suppose we're leading to a war with the Whisperers for a season ending cliff hanger?

In the comics, Alpha was a MAJOR, yet short lived villain. Much like the show. Many, frame by frame similarities. 

The entire savior arc in the show, and really the comics, is for the emergence of Negan. 

I agree with the whisperer war cliffhanger possibility. Don’t forget, we are getting a MAJOR return this season. I think THAT, will be the cliffhanger esque type. 

I have dropped hints in earlier posts. 

In the comics, Beta has a longer storyline than Alpha, which seems similar to the show. 

As said earlier, last nights episode was a groundwork laying episode in so many ways......

I also mentioned, where there is death, there is life. 

We saw some major, major, MAJOR life yesterday in episode 1013. 

Once again, I had to watch the Talking Dead to clear some things up. I guessed the one group was in Atlanta, but that is a heck of a trip, Alexandria to Atlanta. Then, to hear the explanation of what Ezekiel was cracking up about was awesome. 
On another note they did add that there is no definitive date for the season finale because the outbreak started while filming it. So that sucks. 

27 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Once again, I had to watch the Talking Dead to clear some things up. I guessed the one group was in Atlanta, but that is a heck of a trip, Alexandria to Atlanta. Then, to hear the explanation of what Ezekiel was cracking up about was awesome. 
On another note they did add that there is no definitive date for the season finale because the outbreak started while filming it. So that sucks. 

The group of Eugene, Yumiko (Miko), and King Ezekiel were FILMED IN downtown Atlanta.  They did not travel TO Atlanta. Remember, Stephanie told Eugene her group was in Charleston, WV.  

When in this city (I don’t know where it is in the show.  In the comics, imsc, it is Pittsburgh)they encounter the new character (she is in the comics) The Princess. 

True. There is no definitive date in which episode 1016 will air. It was scheduled to air on Sunday, 4/12, with episode 101 of The World Beyond to follow.  From what I have read and heard, the filming is complete for 1016.  They just need to tighten up special effects/etc.  

Annnnnnnnnnd, the ven diagram is closing in with ftwd and TWD. The cover of Half Moon was the cover I’ve mentioned from ftwd that Daniel Salazar was carrying in one of last seasons ftwd episodes. 

Before you ask or tag me, 😂, I need to rewatch this episode (1015) and watch talking dead. 

Initially, I think this episode was all over the place and seemed rushed. 

I have no idea about the filler parts of this episode (Daryl and Judith scouting and the mind field). 

So hard to understand Beta whispering.

How did our crew know the Whisperers were on their way?  Was Alden and Aaron scouting them that far away?

Ill try and be back tomorrow with more answers.