Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Field Turf @ Northrop

12 hours ago, DT said:

He will never make up the $20M he lost due to the injury so he is probably pinching his pennies very carefully.

I'd bet the highest paid pro athlete out of Luers right now is Purple Nurple's progeny.   It'd be nice to have a fundraiser, I'll give a portion.  🙂

Edited by Robert

13 hours ago, DT said:

He will never make up the $20M he lost due to the injury so he is probably pinching his pennies very carefully.

Well, his total guarantee as of today is 4.5 million, so I think he will be OK. Bigger one on the horizon. 

15 hours ago, Robert said:

I'd bet the highest paid pro athlete out of Luers right now is Purple Nurple's progeny.   It'd be nice to have a fundraiser, I'll give a portion.  🙂

I need to send my Many Baseball cards to the Nurple one:   See if I can get some 1/1 sigs!!    

57 minutes ago, jakone said:

He only makes 9 million a year.

57 minutes ago, jakone said:

He only makes 9 million a year.

What's his guaranteed contract?  Heck, what about those guys on the Bengals?  Fort Wayne has a slew in many places now.  A couple of  Fort Wayne families have a near monopoly on paint/air pistol/guns.    Tippman Field.  Tiberius Park.   I'd chip in a share for Luers and Zollner.

Edited by Robert

16 hours ago, psaboy said:

They are building a stadium on campus I hear.

It's official they will spend 2 million on the stadium with 2500 seats on the home side and 500 seats on the visitors side. They hope to have it complete before the start of next season.

7 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Snider already has lights.

Isn't it some lame parking excuse?  I went to a game at Chatard.  Snider can't say a word if they play at Chatard.  

Edited by Robert
Punctuation

12 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Snider already has lights.

Ok, yes they do have inadequate lighting. I think it's 12 to 16 fixtures a side. Most schools have 12 fixtures on each pole.

5 minutes ago, Robert said:

Isn't it some lame parking excuse?  I went to a game at Chatard.  Snider can't say a word if they play at Chatard.  

I can't remember the specifics I was told when I worked there years ago but my understanding is they can turn them on but they have a curfew when they have to be off or get fined. And that time is so ridiculous it pretty much makes them unusable. I'll see if I can dig up something concrete on it, like on new article.

1 minute ago, DK_Barons said:

Ok, yes they do have inadequate lighting. I think it's 12 to 16 fixtures a side. Most schools have 12 fixtures on each pole.

I can't remember the specifics I was told when I worked there years ago but my understanding is they can turn them on but they have a curfew when they have to be off or get fined. And that time is so ridiculous it pretty much makes them unusable. I'll see if I can dig up something concrete on it, like on new article.

Held hostage by a neighborhood covenant?  

7 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Man, I love those stadiums in TX. They are really nice. 

I stopped by Paul Brown stadium at Washington High School in Massillon yesterday just because I was in the area and I hadn't seen it in almost 30 years. ...still an awesome place.

see it here: https://massillontigers.com/facilities/paul-brown-tiger-stadium/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DK_Barons said:

I stopped by Paul Brown stadium at Washington High School in Massillon yesterday just because I was in the area and I hadn't seen it in almost 30 years. ...still an awesome place.

see it here: https://massillontigers.com/facilities/paul-brown-tiger-stadium/

Very nice, old school all the way. Love the history and old pics, thanx.