Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 34

3 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

I know the seating on the visitors side is limited. Any talk of them bringing in extra bleachers for the game?

Well since all of Cass County including myself will be attendance, I can guarantee the women will take all the bleachers while all the men will stand around the fence.

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

wait??   I have been told multiple times that these type of blind draw games limits the crowd??  

Wonder how many more would attend if it was the Sectional Championship? Just a thought. 

Imagine, in 3 weeks, if there was a neutral facility available, halfway between Royal Center and Walton, that could hold a larger crowd. Say the county seat. Sounds like it would be a great night for Cass County football...……...

I'll get my donation in...…..…….😁

8 minutes ago, SL816 said:

Wonder how many more would attend if it was the Sectional Championship? Just a thought. 

Imagine, in 3 weeks, if there was a neutral facility available, halfway between Royal Center and Walton, that could hold a larger crowd. Say the county seat. Sounds like it would be a great night for Cass County football...……...

Why would either team give up homefield advantage?

23 minutes ago, SL816 said:

Honestly I really dont believe Logansport has more seats than Cass! Maybe if they had visitor stands...

Edited by TheWaterBoii

25 minutes ago, TheWaterBoii said:

Honestly I really dont believe Logansport has more seats than Cass! Maybe if they had visitor stands...

I can only go by pictures, since I haven't been to Cass in years. It's not going to happen, just thought it would be cool. Personally, I'd like to see all championship games (sect, reg, semi) played on a neutral field. I've seen too many fields that had no business holding a first round game, let alone a championship. 

Logansport.png

3 minutes ago, SL816 said:

I can only go by pictures, since I haven't been to Cass in years. It's not going to happen, just thought it would be cool. Personally, I'd like to see all championship games (sect, reg, semi) played on a neutral field. I've seen too many fields that had no business holding a first round game, let alone a championship. 

Logansport.png

Honestly IDK I may be wrong honestly but I agree that would be kinda cool.

59 minutes ago, XStar said:

Against an opponent they lost to earlier in the season?

Yes. BTW, they lost to that opponent on their home field. 

It was just a thought and not going to happen. I'll, HOPEFULLY, be working the first 4 weeks of the tournament, so I wouldn't be able to see it anyway. As a grad of Pioneer, that typically only gets to see them in deep tournament runs, I can't speak with any certainty. My guess is that they don't mind playing at Cass and, if they're healthy, it's probably just as well that they do it in the 1st round. 

17 minutes ago, LCKfan4life said:

What is the rule on "no home field advantage" during the sectional? I am talking about music, smoke machine, band, noise makers, etc... Is there such a rule or just urban (or in our case...rural) legend?

Q.  Restrictions 
  Please inform your students and fans that during the game: 
1.  Banners and posters are not allowed. 
2.  Battery powered or electronic noise makers, fireworks, recorded music (permissible during‐ quarter breaks, halftime, 
and post‐game) , sirens or whistles are not allowed.
3.  Throwing of articles, including toilet tissue and baby powder, is not allowed. 
4.  No live animal mascots are permitted at any time. 
5.  The facility should be as neutral as possible without any enhancements that emphasize a home team.

13 minutes ago, SL816 said:

Q.  Restrictions 
  Please inform your students and fans that during the game: 
1.  Banners and posters are not allowed. 
2.  Battery powered or electronic noise makers, fireworks, recorded music (permissible during‐ quarter breaks, halftime, 
and post‐game) , sirens or whistles are not allowed.
3.  Throwing of articles, including toilet tissue and baby powder, is not allowed. 
4.  No live animal mascots are permitted at any time. 
5.  The facility should be as neutral as possible without any enhancements that emphasize a home team.

:classic_laugh:

Its the most blatant "restrictions" broken each and every year

Each Sectional should have a meeting, I know some do not, others do, each school gets together and talks about this stuff, what they do, make sure its ok, if its ok'd by the visiting school then home team proceeds.  

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 10:34 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

:classic_laugh:

Its the most blatant "restrictions" broken each and every year

Each Sectional should have a meeting, I know some do not, others do, each school gets together and talks about this stuff, what they do, make sure its ok, if its ok'd by the visiting school then home team proceeds.  

I'll tell you one thing. If I'm in Eastbrooks sectional, I'm asking to smash each and every one of those darn cow bells to pieces. Love the tradition and atmosphere but man I can here those things a month after being there.

I've watched a ton of both Pioneer and Cass film. I personally don't see Pioneer winning this game. Cass played about as good on defense as you can play against WL who has a couple more weapons on offense than Pioneer does. Its no secret when Pioneer snaps the ball who's going to carry it. One of the twins is going to end up with it. I don't think the twin playing quarterback has established himself as a serious threat throwing the ball. I also don't think there is a defense in 2A that can handle all of the weapons Cass has. Eurit is a straight up beast and gave WL fits all night running the ball which opened up the pass game for Zeck, Humphrey, and Good. Pioneer is a great program that is well coached, so it will be a ball game but they have to play a near perfect game in my opinion. I think Cass wins by at least two touchdowns.

56 minutes ago, TacklingFuel_10 said:

I've watched a ton of both Pioneer and Cass film. I personally don't see Pioneer winning this game. Cass played about as good on defense as you can play against WL who has a couple more weapons on offense than Pioneer does. Its no secret when Pioneer snaps the ball who's going to carry it. One of the twins is going to end up with it. I don't think the twin playing quarterback has established himself as a serious threat throwing the ball. I also don't think there is a defense in 2A that can handle all of the weapons Cass has. Eurit is a straight up beast and gave WL fits all night running the ball which opened up the pass game for Zeck, Humphrey, and Good. Pioneer is a great program that is well coached, so it will be a ball game but they have to play a near perfect game in my opinion. I think Cass wins by at least two touchdowns.

I think itll be close like last time. Wouldn't shock me if Pioneer won. 

I picked cass to win the first match up but stated  whoever won the first match up won't win the 2nd. I still feel that way. 

On 10/19/2019 at 1:22 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

Cass is too SR dominated to allow for a 'letdown' doesn't mean that Pioneer couldn't win, but won't be because of any sort of let down when your best players are seniors.

Agree.  It's not like these Cass seniors are coming into this postseason on the heels of multiple long runs and trophies from prior seasons.  The last time Cass won a sectional title was 2012 which was when these seniors were what?  10/11 years old?  The last 2 years they were 2nd best team in Eastbrook's sectional and they gave an amazing effort in nearly knocking off Eastbrook last season.  I'd be shocked if these kids were anything other than starving for a sectional title and a deep tournament run.  

Edited by XStar