3 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

I know the seating on the visitors side is limited. Any talk of them bringing in extra bleachers for the game?

Well since all of Cass County including myself will be attendance, I can guarantee the women will take all the bleachers while all the men will stand around the fence.

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

wait??   I have been told multiple times that these type of blind draw games limits the crowd??  

Wonder how many more would attend if it was the Sectional Championship? Just a thought. 

Imagine, in 3 weeks, if there was a neutral facility available, halfway between Royal Center and Walton, that could hold a larger crowd. Say the county seat. Sounds like it would be a great night for Cass County football...……...

I'll get my donation in...…..…….😁

8 minutes ago, SL816 said:

Wonder how many more would attend if it was the Sectional Championship? Just a thought. 

Imagine, in 3 weeks, if there was a neutral facility available, halfway between Royal Center and Walton, that could hold a larger crowd. Say the county seat. Sounds like it would be a great night for Cass County football...……...

Why would either team give up homefield advantage?

5 minutes ago, XStar said:

Why would either team give up homefield advantage?

I know why Pioneer would, if they had it. They have twice in the Semi-State. 

23 minutes ago, SL816 said:

Honestly I really dont believe Logansport has more seats than Cass! Maybe if they had visitor stands...

Edited by TheWaterBoii

25 minutes ago, TheWaterBoii said:

Honestly I really dont believe Logansport has more seats than Cass! Maybe if they had visitor stands...

I can only go by pictures, since I haven't been to Cass in years. It's not going to happen, just thought it would be cool. Personally, I'd like to see all championship games (sect, reg, semi) played on a neutral field. I've seen too many fields that had no business holding a first round game, let alone a championship. 

Logansport.png

3 minutes ago, SL816 said:

I can only go by pictures, since I haven't been to Cass in years. It's not going to happen, just thought it would be cool. Personally, I'd like to see all championship games (sect, reg, semi) played on a neutral field. I've seen too many fields that had no business holding a first round game, let alone a championship. 

Logansport.png

Honestly IDK I may be wrong honestly but I agree that would be kinda cool.

1 hour ago, SL816 said:

I know why Pioneer would, if they had it. They have twice in the Semi-State. 

Against an opponent they lost to earlier in the season?

59 minutes ago, XStar said:

Against an opponent they lost to earlier in the season?

Yes. BTW, they lost to that opponent on their home field. 

It was just a thought and not going to happen. I'll, HOPEFULLY, be working the first 4 weeks of the tournament, so I wouldn't be able to see it anyway. As a grad of Pioneer, that typically only gets to see them in deep tournament runs, I can't speak with any certainty. My guess is that they don't mind playing at Cass and, if they're healthy, it's probably just as well that they do it in the 1st round. 

18 hours ago, SL816 said:

My guess is that they don't mind playing at Cass and, if they're healthy, it's probably just as well that they do it in the 1st round. 

I would assume Cass feel the same way.

• Like 1

What is the rule on "no home field advantage" during the sectional? I am talking about music, smoke machine, band, noise makers, etc... Is there such a rule or just urban (or in our case...rural) legend?

17 minutes ago, LCKfan4life said:

What is the rule on "no home field advantage" during the sectional? I am talking about music, smoke machine, band, noise makers, etc... Is there such a rule or just urban (or in our case...rural) legend?

Q.  Restrictions 
  Please inform your students and fans that during the game: 
1.  Banners and posters are not allowed. 
2.  Battery powered or electronic noise makers, fireworks, recorded music (permissible during‐ quarter breaks, halftime, 
and post‐game) , sirens or whistles are not allowed.
3.  Throwing of articles, including toilet tissue and baby powder, is not allowed. 
4.  No live animal mascots are permitted at any time. 
5.  The facility should be as neutral as possible without any enhancements that emphasize a home team.

13 minutes ago, SL816 said:

Q.  Restrictions 
  Please inform your students and fans that during the game: 
1.  Banners and posters are not allowed. 
2.  Battery powered or electronic noise makers, fireworks, recorded music (permissible during‐ quarter breaks, halftime, 
and post‐game) , sirens or whistles are not allowed.
3.  Throwing of articles, including toilet tissue and baby powder, is not allowed. 
4.  No live animal mascots are permitted at any time. 
5.  The facility should be as neutral as possible without any enhancements that emphasize a home team.

:classic_laugh:

Its the most blatant "restrictions" broken each and every year

Each Sectional should have a meeting, I know some do not, others do, each school gets together and talks about this stuff, what they do, make sure its ok, if its ok'd by the visiting school then home team proceeds.