Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

According the the Prediction Tool:

Eastbrook is favored by 23

Madison Grant is favored by 24

Mississinewa is favored by 33

Oak Hill is favored by 22

My Prediction: ( Its going to be rainy.  Who can handle it and whose balls hit the ground?)

Eastbrook starts looking to the future and plays a sloppy game against the Bruins.  However they still pull out a win with a score of 28-14.

Madison Grant wins the toilet bowl championship by a score or 54-21.

Mississinewa puts it to the Tigers.  I know the Tigers always think they have something special.  Sorry fellas, the Tigers are privileged to play against some awful football teams which makes the Tigers record look better than they are.  Still no match for Eastbrook and Mississinewa.

UPSET PICK:  Frankton is going to come out inspired to conquer the world tomorrow night.  Its going to be a rainy night and their ground and pound offense will carry them to a 7 point victory.  14-7.

• Like 1

I believe Eastbrook wins this fairly easy. They outcoached against Alexandria and did exactly what their coach taught them. Eastbrook by 31.

MG wins this easy. Elwood just doesn't have speed or talent there right now. MG wins by 28-35.

Ole Miss wins this by a bunch. Alex is licking their wounds between injuries from the Eastbrook turf and the thumping they took. Ole Miss by 28

Oak Hill by alot. I think game maybe close early but Frankton doesn't have much talent either. Think Oak Hill pulls away in the end wins by 28.

Good luck to all and stay healthy!

This is the last potential roadblock Eastbrook has in clinching the CIC this season (sorry Elwood).  They came out focused last week and really handled Alexandria far easier than I thought.  A similar performance this week will have me thinking the Panthers are ready for sectionals......and more......  

WHERE IS EVERYONE????  There used to be some great battles and hurt feelings on the CIC threads.  Now its as boring as a 6th grade girls basketball game!!!! I even tried to poke a little at the Tigers and got nothing.  Halfbackpass, flying.I.know.nothing.but.say.everything.socks, C.J.B, Riverrats.......Anybody out there?

30 minutes ago, bittergymteacher said:

WHERE IS EVERYONE????  There used to be some great battles and hurt feelings on the CIC threads.  Now its as boring as a 6th grade girls basketball game!!!! I even tried to poke a little at the Tigers and got nothing.  Halfbackpass, flying.I.know.nothing.but.say.everything.socks, C.J.B, Riverrats.......Anybody out there?

You are right though about Alexandria so I can't argue with you. Lol

Soft schedule, a plethora of talent and cannot win the big games..

Eastbrook wins easily and looks forward to the sectional. Really the only team in the CIC that had a chance to win a sectional is Eastbrook, with only one team in their way and that’s Tipton. I know Eastern is having a good year but when they start playing quality teams I will start considering them.

Im sorry Ole Miss but there is a VERY slight chance you win that sectional. Hopefully you don’t draw Marion or Delta first round so maybe you can win a game. Heard a rumor the other day that funk was looking to leave? Any news on that from Gas City?

Frankton is getting ready for basketball

Alexandria is getting ready for baseball

Blackford is ready to get on the Luke Brown, Kid can shoot the ball, but to slow to play D1

Oak Hill, Elwood, and MG, not much to look forward to.

13 minutes ago, panther10 said:

Im sorry Ole Miss but there is a VERY slight chance you win that sectional. Hopefully you don’t draw Marion or Delta first round so maybe you can win a game. Heard a rumor the other day that funk was looking to leave? Any news on that from Gas City?

Now that the kind of juicy stuff I'm talking about.  Unfortunately the word "Rumor' is banned on the GID and could get us shut down.  

1 hour ago, bittergymteacher said:

Now that the kind of juicy stuff I'm talking about.  Unfortunately the word "Rumor' is banned on the GID and could get us shut down.  

Ohhh my bad well I have heard it from a couple people but nobody close to program. Just wondered if it was true or not. His son is a senior right? 

1 hour ago, panther10 said:

Eastbrook wins easily and looks forward to the sectional. Really the only team in the CIC that had a chance to win a sectional is Eastbrook, with only one team in their way and that’s Tipton. I know Eastern is having a good year but when they start playing quality teams I will start considering them.

Blackford is ready to get on the Luke Brown, Kid can shoot the ball, but to slow to play D1

I think that coach Funk is holding Mississinewa back.  He is just not that good of a coach and has failed to inspire and discipline a larger team and be able to use the talent there to the best of their ability.  I think that the same applies to Alexandria!  This group of athletes that the Tigers have, should be way more competitive!  It seems the basketball and baseball coaches have figured out what they have and how to translate that talent into success.

Eastbrook at Blackford ©, 7 pm
Elwood at Madison-Grant ©, 7 pm
Mississinewa at Alexandria ©, 7 pm
Oak Hill at Frankton ©, 7 pm

Eastbrook over Blackford big but respectful

MG works Elwood and gets well deserved "W"

Ole Miss continues feeding Alex dose of reality.

Oak Hill beats Frankton in close one

Edited by No dog in the fight

2 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

I think that coach Funk is holding Mississinewa back.  He is just not that good of a coach and has failed to inspire and discipline a larger team and be able to use the talent there to the best of their ability.  I think that the same applies to Alexandria!  This group of athletes that the Tigers have, should be way more competitive!  It seems the basketball and baseball coaches have figured out what they have and how to translate that talent into success.

I agree, with the size and talent that Ole Miss has they should be running through the CIC. 

16 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

Interesting.  Funk is 72-35 with a Sectional Championship in 2017 and running up in 2018.  Prior to him taking over I believe Ole Miss was really struggling to hold on.  Why do you think he is holding them back?  Seems like he was doing pretty well there and could get something bigger and better if he wanted to.

Alex on the other hand, I agree with.

45 minutes ago, bittergymteacher said:

Interesting.  Funk is 72-35 with a Sectional Championship in 2017 and running up in 2018.  Prior to him taking over I believe Ole Miss was really struggling to hold on.  Why do you think he is holding them back?  Seems like he was doing pretty well there and could get something bigger and better if he wanted to.

Alex on the other hand, I agree with.

I guess I’m basing my statement off of my personal dealings with Mississinewa football.  This 4A school should be walking through the CIC every football season.  I feel that the Ole Miss football program is not always “the best player plays.”  It is political and that hurts the overall success of the program.  The players aren’t always held accountable for behavioral or academic shortfalls.  This also hurts the football program and the overall perception of the Mississinewa school as a whole.

6 hours ago, panther10 said:

Luke Brown works hard at defense and is nor slow. Lol we have some disagreement on the thread now.

7 hours ago, panther10 said:

Have you seen him play? What are you basing his speed/quickness against? You have your opinion  and it a silly one...

"Brown has offers from Ball State and Iona (Ball State coach James Whitford and assistant Ben Botts were among those watching Brown on Sunday morning). Other schools that have reached out to Brown since coaches were able to call directly on June 15 are Purdue, Belmont, Bradley, Dayton, Loyola (Ill.), Miami (Ohio), Northwestern, Toledo and Virginia Tech." https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/06/30/indiana-basketball-recruiting-luke-brown-jalen-blackmon-chase-damon-baileys-scoring-record/1546038001/

Edited by 99RiverRat99

6 hours ago, panther10 said:

Ohhh my bad well I have heard it from a couple people but nobody close to program. Just wondered if it was true or not. His son is a senior right? 

Funk has a younger son that is a 6th grader and may be better than the older son.  Funk has had offers at different levels but loves Mississinewa and has a nice home right on Main Street.  If anything I would have thought he would have took the job at Bluffton since that is where he is from.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, panther10 said:

Im sorry Ole Miss but there is a VERY slight chance you win that sectional. Hopefully you don’t draw Marion or Delta first round so maybe you can win a game.

Interesting... Delta smashed Eastbrook and loses to Pendleton Heights. Mississinewa beats heights, but loses to Eastbrook. So.... what are their chances? Since your so in tune with D1 basketball recruiting, I'm on edge to hear the logic in determining probability of sectional winners. 

"Yeah, man, it's basic hydraulics." "Ok, Archimedes"

4 hours ago, captainobvious said:

I guess I’m basing my statement off of my personal dealings with Mississinewa football.  This 4A school should be walking through the CIC every football season.  I feel that the Ole Miss football program is not always “the best player plays.”  It is political and that hurts the overall success of the program.  The players aren’t always held accountable for behavioral or academic shortfalls.  This also hurts the football program and the overall perception of the Mississinewa school as a whole.

I have to agree with you that the "best players" don't always play.  A few years ago the 2nd leading tackler on the team came off of the bench as the smallest defensive lineman at 205lbs.  This same kid also led the team in forced fumbles and fumble recovery's and not by 1 or 2 but several more than that according to one of the volunteer coach's that year.  As a program they have issues but not any different than any other program.  Sometimes the "best players" are those that come off the bench.  

Mississinewa being a 4A school and the numbers that they have need to really work on becoming a 2 platoon team.  11 offensive players come on the field as 11 defensive players come off the field.  Granted many will play both ways but this needs to be developed and will help reduce injuries and fatigue.

8 hours ago, bittergymteacher said:

Is there still funding in schools for gym teachers? 

Haha, jk. But really... Do kids get mental health passes? 

Blackford and Eastbrook--Blackford will put up a fight but unfortunately the Bruins run out of steam as Eastbrook pulls out the win.

Mississinewa and Alexandria--Mississinewa runs away with this one and looks forward to next week.

Elwood and Madison Grant--MG gets the win and scores more in 1 game than they have all season.

Frankton and Oak Hill--Eagles will win this one it's just a matter of which Eagles team shows up.  Oak Hill Golden Eagles wins this one but not by muc

8 minutes ago, 99RiverRat99 said:

Interesting... Delta smashed Eastbrook and loses to Pendleton Heights. Mississinewa beats heights, but loses to Eastbrook. So.... what are their chances? Since your so in tune with D1 basketball recruiting, I'm on edge to hear the logic in determining probability of sectional winners. 

"Yeah, man, it's basic hydraulics." "Ok, Archimedes"

Remember Mississinewa lost to Eastbrook without Cade Campbell.  He was hurt during the PH game but Ole Miss went on to win.  Perhaps if he was healthy the game might have had a different outcome.

42 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Blackford and Eastbrook--Blackford will put up a fight but unfortunately the Bruins run out of steam as Eastbrook pulls out the win.

Mississinewa and Alexandria--Mississinewa runs away with this one and looks forward to next week.

Elwood and Madison Grant--MG gets the win and scores more in 1 game than they have all season.

Frankton and Oak Hill--Eagles will win this one it's just a matter of which Eagles team shows up.  Oak Hill Golden Eagles wins this one but not by muc

Remember Mississinewa lost to Eastbrook without Cade Campbell.  He was hurt during the PH game but Ole Miss went on to win.  Perhaps if he was healthy the game might have had a different outcome.

No sir, he played in that game against Eastbrook.

11 hours ago, OldBruin said:

Luke Brown works hard at defense and is nor slow. Lol we have some disagreement on the thread now.

I have see him multiple times not a bad defender but not  a D1 defender either. He is a excellent shooter but doesn’t move without the ball and can’t get himself open.

10 hours ago, Indiansreloaded said:

I have to agree with you that the "best players" don't always play.  A few years ago the 2nd leading tackler on the team came off of the bench as the smallest defensive lineman at 205lbs.  This same kid also led the team in forced fumbles and fumble recovery's and not by 1 or 2 but several more than that according to one of the volunteer coach's that year.  As a program they have issues but not any different than any other program.  Sometimes the "best players" are those that come off the bench.  

Mississinewa being a 4A school and the numbers that they have need to really work on becoming a 2 platoon team.  11 offensive players come on the field as 11 defensive players come off the field.  Granted many will play both ways but this needs to be developed and will help reduce injuries and fatigue.

Do they have the numbers to do a 2 platoon system? Or is it the talent that doesn’t let that happen?

10 hours ago, 99RiverRat99 said:

Haha, jk. But really... Do kids get mental health passes?

Man I have a  great answer for this one but I had to delete it because you just cant post those kind of jokes anymore!!!! It was a good one though!

11 hours ago, 99RiverRat99 said:

"Brown has offers from Ball State and Iona (Ball State coach James Whitford and assistant Ben Botts were among those watching Brown on Sunday morning). Other schools that have reached out to Brown since coaches were able to call directly on June 15 are Purdue, Belmont, Bradley, Dayton, Loyola (Ill.), Miami (Ohio), Northwestern, Toledo and Virginia Tech." https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/06/30/indiana-basketball-recruiting-luke-brown-jalen-blackmon-chase-damon-baileys-scoring-record/1546038001/

I could beat him one on one easily.  He's not even that good.  Just a product of a move into an easy schedule so Grandpa can relive his dream of coaching and make the Bruins fell all warm and fuzzy inside.  100% joking of course.   He might not be a big time D1 player but he will play for a D1 somewhere.

10 hours ago, 99RiverRat99 said:

Believe or not I have gained a lot more respect for Mississinewa since their back to back strong sectional performance.  A few years ago I would have said they were a joke that just beats up on 2A schools.  However, even with my new found respect I don't think they can hang with Delta.  The Pendleton Heights win was good but I am not sold on PH.  I have seen Delta play and they are big upfront and athletic at every position.  I'm not going to say there  is no way Ole Miss can win but it's going to have to be the best game they have played all year and Delta is going to have to cough up the ball at least once to help them.