Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

36 minutes ago, panther10 said:

I have see him multiple times not a bad defender but not  a D1 defender either. He is a excellent shooter but doesn’t move without the ball and can’t get himself open.

I'm no authority on NCAA basketball talent assessment... But,  I've seen him play, only on film. He will play and contribute at the D1 level. He was top 10 in scoring last year in the nation. Seems like he gets enough open shots. 

Only time will tell, but I can see him playing and contributing for Ball State. 

59 minutes ago, bittergymteacher said:

Man I have a  great answer for this one but I had to delete it because you just cant post those kind of jokes anymore!!!! It was a good one though!

I could beat him one on one easily.  He's not even that good.  Just a product of a move into an easy schedule so Grandpa can relive his dream of coaching and make the Bruins fell all warm and fuzzy inside.  100% joking of course.   He might not be a big time D1 player but he will play for a D1 somewhere.

Believe or not I have gained a lot more respect for Mississinewa since their back to back strong sectional performance.  A few years ago I would have said they were a joke that just beats up on 2A schools.  However, even with my new found respect I don't think they can hang with Delta.  The Pendleton Heights win was good but I am not sold on PH.  I have seen Delta play and they are big upfront and athletic at every position.  I'm not going to say there  is no way Ole Miss can win but it's going to have to be the best game they have played all year and Delta is going to have to cough up the ball at least once to help them.

Haha. Yeah, I figured you had some stories that cannot be shared publicly. 

I'm torn on Delta man... They definitely have talent and are well coached. PH and Mississinewa are fairly similar in size, strength, and talent... 2 points... 1 Eastbrook/Delta score was not proportionate to ability. Delta delivered a blow early and uncle Mo stayed on their side all game. 2 Eastbrook played with MUCH more intensity vs Ole Miss than I'd seen in any game recently. They had something to prove and proved it! 

I'd love to see the Delta/PH game on film. Haven't researched to see if it was a fluke win due to key players missing or  if they simply outplayed Delta. 

1 hour ago, panther10 said:

Do they have the numbers to do a 2 platoon system? Or is it the talent that doesn’t let that happen?

They have the numbers and have had the numbers for at least 4-5 years.  The talent is there as well to do it.  They want 3 teams.  Varsity, JV, and Freshman.  The Freshman team plays a lot of the JV teams and wins.  The freshman team has played Cathedral a few times over the past 3-4 years.  Some CIC JV games the Freshman play the JV and Mississinewa's JV goes and plays another JV team outside the conference.  Other weeks the Freshmen team plays a JV/Freshman team from outside of the CIC.  The last couple of years the Freshman have not been dressing Varsity games and those that have had to earn it.  This have even applied to home games where most teams dress everybody.  So the talent and numbers are there it's just a matter of trying to figure out the best way to use the talent and numbers.

44 minutes ago, 99RiverRat99 said:

I'm no authority on NCAA basketball talent assessment... But,  I've seen him play, only on film. He will play and contribute at the D1 level. He was top 10 in scoring last year in the nation. Seems like he gets enough open shots. 

Only time will tell, but I can see him playing and contributing for Ball State. 

Speaking of Basketball, if what I am hearing about Ole Miss basketball is true the rest of the CIC better watch out.  A transfer from Ben Davis came in and brought all the college scouts with him.  Mississinewa may actually have some height this year.  However some say there may not be enough basketballs on the court for all the players to score.  The bench may go 9-10 deep.

52 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Speaking of Basketball, if what I am hearing about Ole Miss basketball is true the rest of the CIC better watch out.  A transfer from Ben Davis came in and brought all the college scouts with him.  Mississinewa may actually have some height this year.  However some say there may not be enough basketballs on the court for all the players to score.  The bench may go 9-10 deep.

Enough of this round ball talk.  You want to impress me with winter sports talk, tell me Ole Miss has more than 2 wrestlers that can tie their own shoes!

1 hour ago, 99RiverRat99 said:

I'd love to see the Delta/PH game on film. Haven't researched to see if it was a fluke win due to key players missing or  if they simply outplayed Delta. 

I will see PH in person tonight.  Maybe they are better than I think but I am guessing Delta simply looked past them and didnt play well.  The Delta/New Pal game will be a good one to watch.  Although New Pal will still pound them.

20 hours ago, captainobvious said:

I think that coach Funk is holding Mississinewa back.  He is just not that good of a coach and has failed to inspire and discipline a larger team and be able to use the talent there to the best of their ability.  I think that the same applies to Alexandria!  This group of athletes that the Tigers have, should be way more competitive!  It seems the basketball and baseball coaches have figured out what they have and how to translate that talent into success.

Send your resume in, I am sure there will be plenty of openings again in Indiana for someone to lead the way.   Have at it. 

18 hours ago, captainobvious said:

I guess I’m basing my statement off of my personal dealings with Mississinewa football.  This 4A school should be walking through the CIC every football season.  I feel that the Ole Miss football program is not always “the best player plays.”  It is political and that hurts the overall success of the program.  The players aren’t always held accountable for behavioral or academic shortfalls.  This also hurts the football program and the overall perception of the Mississinewa school as a whole.

SMH

• Like 1

Having taken in a few hundred AAU hoops games over the last decade, my uneducated eyes tell me that Brown is more than capable of being a D1 contributor. His grandpa/coach was one of our counselors at Rick Mount Shooting Camp one year and I swear every single guy in our bunk was terrified of him. I can't imagine spending 17 years with that man in your ear. Reminded me a lot of Bobby Knight in that you never ever want to disappoint him. College hoops rosters are filled with weak-willed lanky dudes who simply look good in layup lines. Luke's IQ and pedigree will have him well-suited to float right to the top of a depth chart someplace. 

Also, it really is a shame that the chatter has been so inconsistent this season but the conference is just in a weird place right now. Two really good teams, two teams who could maaaybe get frisky in the playoffs, 3 teams who are booty, and then...Elwood. When I was a kid I used to hesitate to tell folks where I'm from because of the stigma left by the klan. If they don't beat MG tonight I might burn my old letterman's jacket so my daughter doesn't find it one day and realize her dad is a bum. 

Edited by halfbackpass
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, djbowzz said:

Blackford leads Eastbrook 8-7 at halftime.  

Eastbrook with several penalties including a holding that erased a long Touchdown pass....

Nice game! ... EB will make adjustments, stop getting penalized, and win by 14+. 

9 minutes ago, djbowzz said:

Eastbrook 17

Blackford 8

2:33 left in the 3rd

M-G 38

Elwood 0

halftime

Indians 53-0 at half. 

23 hours ago, captainobvious said:

No sir, he played in that game against Eastbrook.

What's funny is he's talking about a possible different outcome of a conference game if their star player is healthy while the faithful in the Eastbrook community talk about a possible STATE TITLE if Barajas was healthy.

Congrats to Ole Miss on a thorough ass whipping. Never would i thought to see the day where a team we where competitive with till high school would dominate us in a disgusting way. Good luck Ole Miss the rest of the way. 

Alex way to much talent to be embarrassed like that!

14 hours ago, bittergymteacher said:

I will see PH in person tonight.  Maybe they are better than I think but I am guessing Delta simply looked past them and didnt play well.  The Delta/New Pal game will be a good one to watch.  Although New Pal will still pound them.

Delta had 3 HUGE  turnovers in that game that led to 21 points. Looks like they bounced back tonight though

On 8/12/2019 at 2:04 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

I will be watching from afar:   No more weekly CIC action for me!!!   Back to Lake County for the Bombers come week 10!!!!  

:classic_biggrin:

I don’t think winning this week against another bad coach was the point.  I think finishing this year with no titles is the point.  Mississinewa should at least win the county or conference every year to be considered successful.

• Like 1