Jump to content

Recommended Posts

With the sectional draw fast approaching, what are some the potential Week 10 (11) match-ups that coaches are dreading?  Around here is the potential for Merrillville to pull 6A #2 Lafayette Jeff..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HanShotFirst said:

With the sectional draw fast approaching, what are some the potential Week 10 (11) match-ups that coaches are dreading?  Around here is the potential for Merrillville to pull 6A #2 Lafayette Jeff..

The magnets in the ping pong balls to get demagnatized before the draw. lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cass Pioneer

WL Chatard/Brebeuf/Guerin 

RCHS/Andrean

Eastbrook/Tipton

off top of my head 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Cass Pioneer

WL Chatard/Brebeuf/Guerin 

RCHS/Andrean

Eastbrook/Tipton

off top of my head 

Holy smokes is Sectional 28 loaded!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yea that one is not fun, however when it was announced you could hear a loud REJOICE from all 3a schools in Lake County NOT too see West Lafayette.   They had their fill the last 2 years.   :classic_biggrin:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HanShotFirst said:

Holy smokes is Sectional 28 loaded!

Sectional 28 per Sagarin Class Rankings:

#1 Chatard 

#2 West Lafayette

#3 Brebeuf

#4 Guerin

Weird how every single 3A Parochial South of Mishawaka AND the defending State Champs managed to all find themselves in the same Sectional.

 

  • Like 2
  • Sit and spin 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Sectional 28 per Sagarin Class Rankings:

#1 Chatard 

#2 West Lafayette

#3 Brebeuf

#4 Guerin

Weird how every single 3A Parochial South of Mishawaka AND the defending State Champs managed to all find themselves in the same Sectional.

 

I think West Lafayette just got thrown in there as someone saw they played LCC during the season and decided they were close enough to the cathedral to be honorary Catholics.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the first time in a while it's not LCC and Pioneer eliminating each other early in the process.  In the past 10 years, there have been eight times where LCC and Pioneer could meet, did meet, and eliminated each other ... the other two years, 2013 and 2014, LCC was in 2A.  This time around it's Pioneer there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey any given Friday nights miracles happen. I just really think a seeding should take place to prevent outta the hat. What a game IF Linton and MD makes it to the final round. Its great for attendance, fans, etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Sectional 28 per Sagarin Class Rankings:

#1 Chatard 

#2 West Lafayette

#3 Brebeuf

#4 Guerin

Weird how every single 3A Parochial South of Mishawaka AND the defending State Champs managed to all find themselves in the same Sectional.

 

Guerin is #6, btw.  Not #4.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You gotta beat everyone  to make it to The Can Thanksgiving weekend anyway, that being said, I really hope Cass and Pioneer aren’t playing each other in Round 1.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HanShotFirst said:

With the sectional draw fast approaching, what are some the potential Week 10 (11) match-ups that coaches are dreading?  Around here is the potential for Merrillville to pull 6A #2 Lafayette Jeff..

 

I wouldnt be too worried about Jeff if I were Merrillville.  They gave up 66 points to a 3A school, and have not been tested in 5 weeks.  Merrillville sees much better competition weekly in The DAC.

How can Jeff be rated 2nd in 6A but only be the 15th rated team in 6A by Sagarin?  

 

 

 

CLASS

SECTIONAL JOHN HARRELL'S INDIANA HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RECENT SEASONS
6A 1 E-MAIL CORRECTIONS MAP TO SCHOOL 7-0
TOURNAMENT HISTORY
LAFAYETTE JEFF
BRONCHOS
Coach: Pat Shanley, 32-7 in 4th year at school
DATE OPPONENT EASTERN TIME OA 54.6, DA 25.0
               
Aug. 23   West Lafayette 3A W 74 66    
Aug. 30 at Lawrence Central 6A W 36 34    
Sep. 6   McCutcheon 5A © W 47 12    
Sep. 13 at Harrison (West Lafayette) 5A © W 47 35    
Sep. 20 at Kokomo 5A © W 55 3    
Sep. 27   Anderson 5A © W 69 13    
Oct. 4 at Richmond 4A © W 54 12    
Oct. 11   Logansport 4A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 18   Indianapolis Tech 6A © 7:00 pm    

©NORTH CENTRAL CONFERENCE GAME

 

 

 

SAGARIN RATINGS © BY CLASSES
CLASS 6A
CLASS
RANK
STATE
RANK
TEAM OVERALL
RATING
SCHEDULE
STRENGTH RANK
RECENT
RATING   RANK
PREDICTOR
RATING   RANK
1 1 Avon 110.22 93.09 5 111.50 1 108.07 1
2 2 Brownsburg 107.93 92.16 8 108.81 2 107.72 2
3 3 Warren Central 103.24 89.90 11 100.40 4 101.32 3
4 6 Fishers 99.01 91.65 9 98.04 7 98.22 6
5 8 Homestead 97.04 71.28 27 98.52 6 96.02 9
6 9 North Central (Indianapolis) 95.79 93.78 3 97.38 10 93.72 14
7 10 Center Grove 95.45 93.99 2 94.50 12 96.16 8
8 11 Hamilton Southeastern 95.26 90.61 10 97.47 9 95.61 10
9 12 Ben Davis 94.95 97.12 1 95.49 11 94.13 13
10 13 Carmel 94.71 87.98 14 90.96 15 95.59 11
11 14 Westfield 93.02 88.03 13 90.17 17 94.77 12
12 15 Lafayette Jeff 92.41 61.19 65 92.95 13 90.13 17
13 19 Fort Wayne Snider 89.23 64.93 51 88.58 19 89.53 20
14 20 Lawrence North 86.28 88.93 12 82.04 21 90.92 16
15 21 Merrillville 84.75 63.46 57 85.50 20 85.10 23
16 22 Lawrence Central 84.23 93.01 6 81.84 22 86.55 21
17 23 Carroll (Fort Wayne) 82.51 69.19 31 81.58 23 84.73 24
18 24 Pike 81.88 93.62 4 81.14 26 85.35
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DT said:

I wouldnt be too worried about Jeff if I were Merrillville.  They gave up 66 points to a 3A school, and have not been tested in 5 weeks.  Merrillville sees much better competition weekly in The DAC.

How can Jeff be rated 2nd in 6A but only be the 15th rated team in 6A by Sagarin?  

 

 

 

CLASS

SECTIONAL JOHN HARRELL'S INDIANA HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RECENT SEASONS
6A 1 E-MAIL CORRECTIONS MAP TO SCHOOL 7-0
TOURNAMENT HISTORY
LAFAYETTE JEFF
BRONCHOS
Coach: Pat Shanley, 32-7 in 4th year at school
DATE OPPONENT EASTERN TIME OA 54.6, DA 25.0
               
Aug. 23   West Lafayette 3A W 74 66    
Aug. 30 at Lawrence Central 6A W 36 34    
Sep. 6   McCutcheon 5A © W 47 12    
Sep. 13 at Harrison (West Lafayette) 5A © W 47 35    
Sep. 20 at Kokomo 5A © W 55 3    
Sep. 27   Anderson 5A © W 69 13    
Oct. 4 at Richmond 4A © W 54 12    
Oct. 11   Logansport 4A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 18   Indianapolis Tech 6A © 7:00 pm    

©NORTH CENTRAL CONFERENCE GAME

 

 

 

SAGARIN RATINGS © BY CLASSES
CLASS 6A
CLASS
RANK
STATE
RANK
TEAM OVERALL
RATING
SCHEDULE
STRENGTH RANK
RECENT
RATING   RANK
PREDICTOR
RATING   RANK
1 1 Avon 110.22 93.09 5 111.50 1 108.07 1
2 2 Brownsburg 107.93 92.16 8 108.81 2 107.72 2
3 3 Warren Central 103.24 89.90 11 100.40 4 101.32 3
4 6 Fishers 99.01 91.65 9 98.04 7 98.22 6
5 8 Homestead 97.04 71.28 27 98.52 6 96.02 9
6 9 North Central (Indianapolis) 95.79 93.78 3 97.38 10 93.72 14
7 10 Center Grove 95.45 93.99 2 94.50 12 96.16 8
8 11 Hamilton Southeastern 95.26 90.61 10 97.47 9 95.61 10
9 12 Ben Davis 94.95 97.12 1 95.49 11 94.13 13
10 13 Carmel 94.71 87.98 14 90.96 15 95.59 11
11 14 Westfield 93.02 88.03 13 90.17 17 94.77 12
12 15 Lafayette Jeff 92.41 61.19 65 92.95 13 90.13 17
13 19 Fort Wayne Snider 89.23 64.93 51 88.58 19 89.53 20
14 20 Lawrence North 86.28 88.93 12 82.04 21 90.92 16
15 21 Merrillville 84.75 63.46 57 85.50 20 85.10 23
16 22 Lawrence Central 84.23 93.01 6 81.84 22 86.55 21
17 23 Carroll (Fort Wayne) 82.51 69.19 31 81.58 23 84.73 24
18 24 Pike 81.88 93.62 4 81.14 26 85.35

Merrillville gave up 20 to a 2A school, both in week 1. Hardly relevant come playoff time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...