Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Providence Pioneers @ Linton Miners

7 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this thread to get going.  It's been dead on here for most of the game topics this year.  Several posters who used to talk haven't been on this year and those who are still on here haven't said much, if anything at all.  Considering the Miners have had a really good year, it's been kind of a bummer.   We used to get over 100 posts or more on most Miner game topics.  These days it's mostly crickets.

Looks like Big D told us all we need to know. Crickets     I think not

7 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this thread to get going.  It's been dead on here for most of the game topics this year.  Several posters who used to talk haven't been on this year and those who are still on here haven't said much, if anything at all.  Considering the Miners have had a really good year, it's been kind of a bummer.   We used to get over 100 posts or more on most Miner game topics.  These days it's mostly crickets.

Have you every considered the respect for Miner Football after we Won the State Championship? No longer a need to play petty arguments about this an that. Thats where al the posts came from. Miner Football is STRONG and the whole State knows it. I as a Miner Alumni have no reason to engage in crap. We Play   We Win. We Play   We lose.  Dont need much board talk other than Miner Prides weekly report s a Blessing. That should be all we need NON COACHES!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, globemstr3 said:

Looks like Big D told us all we need to know. Crickets     I think not

Millions of crickets.  If Miner football gets so much respect, why aren't people on here posting about their games?  And all of those posts weren't from arguments like you say.  People used to actually talk about the games.  They'd talk about certain players or certain past games.  NO ONE is posting these days.  Congrats on being an Alumni and being able to set your standards so high.  So from now on I wont post either and just let Miner Pride post for everyone.  Too bad no one can actually talk football any more.  Pease out.

I think before Linton left the SW7 and ended up in 2A we had a lot of traditional rival games that had A LOT of history.  And that always generated a lot of talk of how good of a team the opponent had this year and how this year they would give Linton a run for their money etc etc. 

Now that Linton has really tweaked their schedule we haven't really established any solid rivalries with long histories and that takes some of the back and forth conversation out of it.

But you guys are right, there has been a slow down on conversations about Miner football and I'm not entirely sure why that is.  We have a really good team this year, and I would expect a little more chatter about them but it doesn't seem to be there.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lp3coda said:

I think before Linton left the SW7 and ended up in 2A we had a lot of traditional rival games that had A LOT of history.  And that always generated a lot of talk of how good of a team the opponent had this year and how this year they would give Linton a run for their money etc etc. 

Now that Linton has really tweaked their schedule we haven't really established any solid rivalries with long histories and that takes some of the back and forth conversation out of it.

But you guys are right, there has been a slow down on conversations about Miner football and I'm not entirely sure why that is.  We have a really good team this year, and I would expect a little more chatter about them but it doesn't seem to be there.  

It's really hard to talk about the games when the other teams fans don't participate. I hate having only one side's point of view.

Edited by miner_35
More content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, globemstr3 said:

Have you every considered the respect for Miner Football after we Won the State Championship? No longer a need to play petty arguments about this an that. Thats where al the posts came from. Miner Football is STRONG and the whole State knows it. I as a Miner Alumni have no reason to engage in crap. We Play   We Win. We Play   We lose.  Dont need much board talk other than Miner Prides weekly report s a Blessing. That should be all we need NON COACHES!

Maybe this game thread never got going because somehow the conversation turned to Mater Dei 😜

3 hours ago, globemstr3 said:

Probably and I will take that as MY bad.

Wasn’t just you my man 😜

Seriously though, I didn’t know much about Providence, what they had coming back etc so I didn’t have much to offer.

Edited by ts32

Better late than never.... Just want to say thank you TS to your years of work in our little county.  Your dedication and enthusiasm for the kids and their sports was always noticed, welcomed, and respected.  Best wishes for you in the capital. Don't be a stranger around here. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 6:56 PM, lp3coda said:

Better late than never.... Just want to say thank you TS to your years of work in our little county.  Your dedication and enthusiasm for the kids and their sports was always noticed, welcomed, and respected.  Best wishes for you in the capital. Don't be a stranger around here. 

Thank you!