Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 9

NV 24, Seeger 20.  In Herb we trust, but NV will be ready.  

Attica 32, SV 20.  Better days, parades, and pep sessions are ahead for the biggest school in the WRC.

Wolfs 157, FC 0.  The Wolfs have righted the ship (who predicted a close game with the lowly Pantherz?) and the Mustangs are headed for their first 0’fer ever.

Covington 45, Pantherz 0.  Who predicted a close game with the juggernaut Wolfs?  Pantherz are who we thought they were.  Trojans trending upwards.  

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:43 AM, Tanka Jahari said:

Hello and good morning to my WRC Wolfs pack. The weekend of the sectional draw is upon us. This weeks games:

Seeger at North Vermillion

Attica at South Vermillion

Fountain Central at Parke Heritage

Covington at Riverton Parke

Seeger 27, North Vermillion 24, OT

- Seeger is bowl eligible! (old joke from the days of old). My prediction  is a tough one for me to decide on. History, reality and excitement all fighting themselves. You see, the first time Seeger started to become what Seeger was in the late 80's-90's-00's, the season went off something like this one, which was a rough start but then they got rolling and set the foundation for the next 20 seasons. Back then, North Vermillion and Rockville were the toast of the WRC, and with Seeger coming on strong as of late, I can't help but think history might be repeating itself as it usually does. And it looks like football has been figured out, again, in West Lebanon. So I can't help but be excited by what I'm watching happen.  North Vermillion should be the favorite to win their sectional, but I'd like Seeger to play spoiler to the Falcons winning the WRC outright. Call me what you want. but I see the Patriots pulling this one out in dramatic fashion.

Attica 26, South Vermillion 21

- This will be a last possession type of football game. I see Attica pulling it out

Parke Heritage 49, Fountain Central 6

- The Mustangs go O'fer, while the Wolfs hopefully claim a tie for the WRC championship with a Seeger upset in Cayuga

Covington 41, Riverton Parke 0

- the Men of Troy close out the regular season with a googe egg in Mecca

Week 9 WRC Power Rankings:

1. North Vermillion

The Falcons look like they're rolling again this year. Do they have what it takes to wrap up the WRC title by beating a vastly improved Seeger team?

2. Parke Heritage

The Wolfs can't wait to get another shot at North Vermillion in the sectional. Both teams had better not get distracted thinking ahead or they could find themselves on the outside looking in

3. Seeger

The surprise team of the WRC is the Fighting Mel Gibsons. Herb has turned the program around and has to be licking his chops with the athletes they have coming up through their feeder system. The man is a legend.

4. Attica

The Red River Ewes will be a tough out in the tournament if they can stay healthy. The way they do more with less over there impressive.

5. TIE - South Vermillion and Covington

The Men of Troy are RED HOT!!! The Mildcats? Not so much. Although I've heard that the Coach Barrett visor and speedo calendars are selling like hot cakes. The Corner Stop can't keep them in stock!!

7. Riverton Parke

The Panthers played the Wolfs a lot closer than people thought Friday night. If a few plays go differently the Panthers might have been holding the County Championship.

8. Fountain Central

The season can't get over fast enough in Veedersburg. The Mustangs will rise again though. 

On 10/12/2019 at 11:43 AM, Tanka Jahari said:

Hello and good morning to my WRC Wolfs pack. The weekend of the sectional draw is upon us. This weeks games:

Seeger at North Vermillion

Attica at South Vermillion

Fountain Central at Parke Heritage

Covington at Riverton Parke

Mama says 

There is nothing worse than having to quote Tanka Jahari on the Gridiron. 

North Vermillion wins a close won in Cayuga

- Too much on the line for the Falcons to take the Mel Gibsons lightly.  However Seeger is trending up and will be legitimate contenders in the WRC race next year and for the foreseeable future. I genuinely like the Seeger program, community, etc. but who on God's green earth wants Rockville to win even a share of the WRC? Call it Parke Heritage or whatever you want it's still Rockville.  As Donnie Baker would say "I swear to god it is!"

Attica wins narrow match with the Mildcats

- Oh how the mighty have fallen.  I'm not surprised how the trajectory of South Vermillion's season was affected with the loss of Joey Shew.  Kid is a absolute monster on the field.  There are better days for the Mildcats in 2020, but 2019 isn't for them.  Can the golden visors finish the year at .500 or above?

- The continued success with the ''less is more'' approach Ryan Good has had to take in Attica is THE success story of the WRC. Hands down

Parke Heritage by literally whatever they want

- Better days are ahead for the Mustangs, but they won't get any solace this year, and especially not this Friday.  

- What is the injury status of the Wolfs? I heard the same week they ghosted NV on a JV match they had 45 players in helmets at practice.  Maybe Tanka's milk donation is paying off.  Regardless, the Wolfs got the best draw of the Sectional, and should be licking their chops for another shot at NV after essentially 2 weeks off. 

Covington by a few scores

- This Friday should not be a problem for the Men of Troy.  Pantherz will look to rebound after loss to PH, but Trojans are hot right now. 

- Covington has the best chance to play spoiler in the Sectional. NV First round at Home. NV playing tough competition this week, Covington not so much.  They certainly have the athletes to get it done. 

Mama Says SO!!

Edited by MamaSaid

Once agian NV walks away with WRC championship. Great game to close out the regular season.  Now on to sectionals... Great day to be a Falcon!!! Great job Coach Crabtree,Lopez,Blank,Davis another great regular season!!!

On another note for all the Falcon fans former NV coach Mark Bless took his 6A Avon team 9-0 for the season. Hoosier Crossroads Conference out right champion with a win over Nobelsville tonight. Great job Coach Bless!!

• Like 1