Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 9 in the MIC/HCC

Another 6-2 week makes me 54-18 heading into the final week of the regular season.  Kyle is 52-20

Here we go:

MIC:

Bishop Sycamore @ Warren Central:   I’m not sure what to think of this game, most of all not even sure it should be played if you saw my other thread.  But it remains on the schedule until I see that it isn’t being played I will assume  both teams will lace them up Friday night.   It is Warren’s senior night and it will be a feel good game as they enter the tournament.  Warren wins 34-7.

Carmel @ Lawrence Central:   Who would’ve known that the only thing Carmel needed to get their offense in gear and their quarterback position figured out would be a bad weather game?   Nice win at home for the Bears last week but I don’t see them pulling off two in a row.  Carmel wins 23-14.

Center Grove @ Cathedral:  Easily the game of the week as it will be a huge measuring stick for both programs.  Center Grove’s young kids are coming around whereas Cathedral avoided a let down against a formidable opponent in Brebeuf following a huge nationally relevant win the previous week.  Wouldn’t be a surprise to see this one go either way but I’ll take the Irish 28-27.

North Central @ Ben Davis:  My heart and head are torn on this one as I can also see this one going either way.   North Central continued it’s winning ways last week whereas Ben Davis had a head scratcher at Lawrence Central.  I think the Panthers are a slightly better outfit but in this chaotic year of parity here in the MIC I’m going to  say BD pulls it out and we end up with half  of the conference as champions.  BD wins 20-17.

Pike @ Lawrence North:  The “almost bowl” will come down to these two teams for seventh place as both have taken strides forward but I have not been able to close the deal on many occasions.  Pike does have one conference win and Lawrence North will get theirs this week against those same Red Devils.  LN wins 30-20.

HCC:  

Hamilton Southeastern @ Brownsburg:   I thought the Royals had found their stride prior to last weeks loss to Franklin Central. Brownsburg, on the other hand, seems to be rolling entering the tournament which is a bad recipe for the boys from Fishers.  Dogs win 27-13.

Noblesville @ Avon:  The Oriole fans can exhale and enjoy a comfortable victory for the first time in a couple of weeks as Noblesville comes calling.   Avon has shown an ability to pull out close games but they will not need to win this one.  Orioles win 34-13.

Westfield @ Franklin Central:  Two teams that are tough to figure out as it seems they can show up and play with anyone on Friday nights or they have the ability to get beaten by anyone.   I mentioned earlier that I think that Franklin Central is playing with house money at this point and Westfield needs this one slightly more.  Shamrocks win 24-17.

Zionsville @ Fishers:  It’s been a forgettable season in Boone County as Zionsville is licking its wounds entering the last week of conference play.   A trip to Fishers will not help matters.  Tigers win 23-10.

Edited by Guest

In the wacky, crazy MIC...BD could force a four-way MIC tie (and have beaten the other three teams they would tie with). No tiebreaker in the MIC though.

Personally, I'm interested what's going to happen when the tournament starts. I have NO idea who's going to win 6A.

I'm not backing off what I said last week.  Avon is not showing much improvement.  I know #1 means you're a target, but Brownsburg is blasting teams that Avon is struggling with.  I'm afraid since this showdown will be @ Brownsburg in sectionals that Avon is a one and done.

Prove me wrong Orioles!

Edited by Staxawax

9 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I'm not backing off what I said last week.  Avon is not showing much improvement.  I know #1 means you're a target, but Brownsburg is blasting teams that Avon is struggling with.  I'm afraid since this showdown will be @ Brownsburg in sectionals that Avon is a one and done.

Prove me wrong Orioles!

@staxawax I feel you on that. Warren Central drew North Central in the first round. I have the same bad feeling as you. The game is at NC. I hope the Warriors prove the critics wrong.

Edited by Warren Central Warrior