• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Songs That Speak Redux

foxbat

5 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Johnny Winter was the opening act.

Johnny Winter ticket stub.jpg

16 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I saw Triumph in Indy on March 12, 1983. Golden Earring was the opening act. That was a great night. 

When I saw them in '83, it was at the Texxas Jam ... they probably put on the best of the five sets that day.  The only drawback for their show was that it was during the day in the Astrodome, so everything was lit up, and pyrotechnics and light show were pretty much non-existent.   Other acts were Uriah Heep, Sammy Hagar, Ted Nugent ... long before he went off the deep-end politically ..., and Styx.  During Hagar's set, Nugent and Rik Emmett came out on stage and they all performed Zeppelin's Rock and Roll.  Unfortunately, that was the year that Styx was touring with Kilroy Was Here and they were headlining.  Styx was my very first concert, Pieces of Eight Tour, and I'd also seen them on Cornerstone and Paradise Theatre ... all of which were outstanding shows.  Not so that year ... Kilroy Was Here was just plain awful and, to have followed the likes of Nugent, Hagar, and Triumph earlier in the day, it just made that segment at the end of the day nearly unbearable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxbat said:

When I saw them in '83, it was at the Texxas Jam ... they probably put on the best of the five sets that day.  The only drawback for their show was that it was during the day in the Astrodome, so everything was lit up, and pyrotechnics and light show were pretty much non-existent.   Other acts were Uriah Heep, Sammy Hagar, Ted Nugent ... long before he went off the deep-end politically ..., and Styx.  During Hagar's set, Nugent and Rik Emmett came out on stage and they all performed Zeppelin's Rock and Roll.  Unfortunately, that was the year that Styx was touring with Kilroy Was Here and they were headlining.  Styx was my very first concert, Pieces of Eight Tour, and I'd also seen them on Cornerstone and Paradise Theatre ... all of which were outstanding shows.  Not so that year ... Kilroy Was Here was just plain awful and, to have followed the likes of Nugent, Hagar, and Triumph earlier in the day, it just made that segment at the end of the day nearly unbearable.

My first was the Paradise Theater show in Indy. It was an incredible show. I had zero interest in the Mr. Roboto tour. That album was just not good enough to me. I will say though that seeing Dennis DeYoung a couple Summers ago at Summerfest was awesome. He still has "it". I cannot see Styx without him up front. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, foxbat said:

This Triumph show I saw was the first time I had ever seen lasers used at a rock concert. I saw Styx open for Blue Oyster Cult circa 1975 right after their first album came out. Hated that song 'Lady' so don't remember much about that show, but I have watched several of their concerts on TV, and several by Dennis DeYoung.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting take on Rush's Time Stand Still ... music reaches us all.

Make each impression
A little bit stronger
Freeze this motion
A little bit longer
The innocence slips away…

Summer’s going fast–
Nights growing colder
Children growing up —
old friends growing older
Experience slips away…

• Like 1

• 1 month later...