Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Where's the Talent? - Ben Davis/WarrenCentral/Center Grove

Guest DT

On 10/20/2019 at 8:36 PM, Proud Papa said:

You realize the HCC was 5-2 against the MIC this year, right? Of those 5 wins, they included: 

Avon beating one of your champs (BD) 41-17

Fishers Beating one of your champs (NC) 26-0

Brownsburg beating one of your champs (NC) 29-25

HSE beat LC 24-20

Zionsville beat Pike 17-7

Your two wins were: 

LC (one of your champs) beating the HCC's 5th best team, HSE, 17-16

Carmel beating Noblesville (by a million) 

To say the MIC is just sooooo good and that's the reason for all the "L' within the conference.....is bonkers. 

What’s bonkers is the MIC’s dominance 

@Temptation where you at?

4 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

What’s bonkers is the MIC’s dominance 

@Temptation where you at?

Right here but won’t reply in every thread.  I was wrong...sorta.

Everyone had 4 MIC teams reaching this point...they just had another HCC team (who is capable of beating any of them) also still alive.

Lets not pretend Carmel beating Westfield (who shot their wad a week early) and CG beating FC is some sort of surprise/monumental upset.

Brownsburg celebrated last week like they’d won a state title.  They looked satisfied to me.  Classic little brother/we have never been there syndrome.

Can you imagine one if two of the four remaining MIC teams had to play in the opening round like Avon/Brownsburg did? The whining about unfairness and realignment/seeding proposals would be off the charts here.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Can you imagine one if two of the four remaining MIC teams had to play in the opening round like Avon/Brownsburg did? The whining about unfairness and realignment/seeding proposals would be off the charts here.

Didn’t Warren and Ben Davis play each other the first round of sectionals the last two years?

51 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Didn’t Warren and Ben Davis play each other the first round of sectionals the last two years?

Yep and folks were outraged and every person with internet access whined and drew up their own proposal for Bobby.

You can’t have it both ways.  There is no denying that this was a disappointing post season for the HCC but let’s not overlook the fact that Zionsville was widely regarded as the sixth best team in the conference and they just did something that Ben Davis could not do.

2 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

You do know that it’s MIC teams eliminating each other in the playoffs right?

http://www.thejaygravesreport.com/the-m-i-c-is-putting-everybody-in-class-6a-on-notice-never-doubt-whats-real/

Bonkers is claiming early season and post season are equal. 

LOL.....searching for something to grab onto......

Nope. Not at all. I gave credit.   Head to head contests are all we have even if they are not weighted equally.

Am I allowed to play the “grind of the HCC took its toll” card yet or is that still a few years away?

Just now, TrojanDad said:

Congrats on celebrating early season wins. 

But you and I both know, cream rises to the top when it mattters. History tells us that. 

But keep talking....it’s entertaining.  

Not celebrating anything as I do not have an affiliation with a school in either conference.   I do follow both conferences closely being a central Indiana resident though.

And I’m not sure what cream is rising to the top as of yet.

All four remaining teams were favorites in their sectional, two of them heavy favorites.  

As I asked in the other thread, what happens if Zionsville wins Friday night?

2 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

The MIC is eliminating each other. That will continue. 

Can you imagine if ZVille wasn’t alone?  They might win...who knows?  Anything can happen. 

Just a little premature in your claims of a MIC demise. 

Show me where I used the word demise.  

I suggested that the gap was closing...perhaps even a bit faster than most had expected and I stand by that claim.

Once again, nothing has changed outside of the expected team remaining from the HCC.

It’s all hyperbole with some of you.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

The MIC is eliminating each other. That will continue. 

But the HCC didn't? 🤔 So is your argument that since Carmel beat HSE and Westfield, while CG beat FC that proves that the MIC is dominant over the HCC? We just completely ignore regular season matchups? That's convenient! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vicvinegar said:

But the HCC didn't? 🤔 So is your argument that since Carmel beat HSE and Westfield, while CG beat FC that proves that the MIC is dominant over the HCC? We just completely ignore regular season matchups? That's convenient! 

Champions aren’t crowned in the regular season...

9 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Champions aren’t crowned in the regular season...

I don't remember saying they were. I'm not even saying the HCC is the better conference. I just find it hilarious that people want to forget the fact that in 2019, the HCC is 6-5 against the MIC. If you want to pretend the other games didn't happen, go for it. 

7 hours ago, Temptation said:

Two MIC co-champs played in the first round of the playoffs this year.  I don't remember the whining but maybe I missed it.

• Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1

58 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

With the exception of Pike, the only MIC teams eliminated have been by other MIC teams.  Can the HCC say that?

Early regular season, and post season are not equal.  

In elimination games, the MIC is currently 3-1 against the HCC, correct?

Correct! The top MIC team beat two HCC team that were around .500.

2 hours ago, Grover said:

Two MIC co-champs played in the first round of the playoffs this year.  I don't remember the whining but maybe I missed it.

I think the difference is that there was two HCC teams that had a high chance of winning a state title, while there were 4 or 5  MIC teams that had a chance to win a title. The two HCC teams just happen to play each other first game. 

I don't think people were as outraged that BD and Warren played in Sectional in 2017 and 2018 as they were that Ben Davis and Warren were in the SAME Sectional in 2017 and 2018. BD also played LC in 2017. BD belongs with Pike, Avon, and Brownsburg in Sectional. Period. Until they seed the tournament (NEVER) we'll keep getting these funky Sectional alignments.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

7 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

You lose me on your point....yet the lone HCC representative in the regional is 5-6.  You discredit a MIC team beating around .500 teams in the playoffs, yet a sub.500 team is in the regionals from the HCC??  I guess if they don't beat Ben Davis, you have another opportunity to discredit the MIC?   Nice logic.

Top MIC team....didn't multiple MIC teams win share the conference this year?  

I guess we shall see how the remaining HCC team does in the remainder of the playoffs....right now, it looks like MIC teams will continue to eliminate each other as the playoffs progress.  

Congrats on the regular season head to head match up title.

So bitter...

56 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

You lose me on your point....yet the lone HCC representative in the regional is 5-6.  You discredit a MIC team beating around .500 teams in the playoffs, yet a sub.500 team is in the regionals from the HCC??  I guess if they don't beat Ben Davis, you have another opportunity to discredit the MIC?   Nice logic.

Top MIC team....didn't multiple MIC teams win share the conference this year?  

I guess we shall see how the remaining HCC team does in the remainder of the playoffs....right now, it looks like MIC teams will continue to eliminate each other as the playoffs progress.  

Congrats on the regular season head to head match up title.

No need to get upset. I wasn't discrediting anyone. In my opinion, Carmel is the best team left. Therefore, just because they beat a couple HCC teams that they should have, does not mean you get to ignore everything that has happened up to this point and claim that this proves how the MIC is so much more superior than the HCC.

So if LN and LC would have been eliminated by HCC schools, would HCC now be the better conference? 

6-5... Thanks! 😉

Edited by vicvinegar

24 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Hey man....you celebrate regular season matchup's...early regular season matchup's at that.

I will celebrate post season.  We just differ in opinion regarding all games being of equal importance.

My team is still alive. So at least for this week, we're still celebrating! 

I had an opportunity to visit the Carmel High School "Freshman Center" this past weekend.  What a monument to government spending and excess.  I'm sure the overtaxed residents of Carmel/Clay township are proud of their boondoggle.     Did you know at the "Freshman Center" cafeteria you can purchase sushi for lunch?

7 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I had an opportunity to visit the Carmel High School "Freshman Center" this past weekend.  What a monument to government spending and excess.  I'm sure the overtaxed residents of Carmel/Clay township are proud of their boondoggle.     Did you know at the "Freshman Center" cafeteria you can purchase sushi for lunch?

Those California crab rolls are to die for. A calorie paradise though.