Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Where's the Talent? - Ben Davis/WarrenCentral/Center Grove

Guest DT

23 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I don't believe such a menu would disappoint the Community Schools of Frankfort's demographics, do you?  I personally don't care for gruel....................

I know first hand gruel wasn't on the menu.  I did wonder why they seemed to buy everything prepackaged to be warmed up when they have a pretty state of the art kitchen.  I've worked at schools with other demographics and I never stereotyped the food to be served be it mostly African-American Paul Harding area (now Burmese dominant), country Woodlan, or African-American/Hispanic Elkhart or Hispanic Frankfort.  I did once ask for a rice steamer for the new kids from Burma, but the happy medium was for them to sneak into the foods classroom to warm it up in the microwaves.  Eventually, the bilingual aid started making rice every day since it was such a hard thing for the food service to do.  Neither of us teach there anymore, so not sure what their little brothers and sisters do.    

24 minutes ago, Robert said:

I know first hand gruel wasn't on the menu.

At least you didn't call it gruel.  A couple of my children however..............

25 minutes ago, Robert said:

I did wonder why they seemed to buy everything prepackaged to be warmed up when they have a pretty state of the art kitchen.  

Possibly a few reasons:

Cheaper

Quicker

Easier (Wouldn't want the kitchen staff to you know, actually have to prepare something from scratch for hundreds of children a day, would we?)

7 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

At least you didn't call it gruel.  A couple of my children however..............

Possibly a few reasons:

Cheaper

Quicker

Easier (Wouldn't want the kitchen staff to you know, actually have to prepare something from scratch for hundreds of children a day, would we?)

Manchester has a lot of homemade and locally source products.  Phenomenal! 

On 11/12/2019 at 11:07 AM, FastpacedO said:

When you knew you were living the good life! School lunch pizza!!

image.jpeg.9aeb4251e309d02fcc054cc33216363c.jpeg

I had this as well at Pioneer. When I attended Winamac for a year, every Friday was stuffed crust pizza day.