Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC - END OF THE REGULAR SEASON

NP @ Central is the big one for the North.  Not sure EC can contain NP offense but expect it to be high scoring

Penn - Mishawaka - the backyard brawl.  This one not sure of at all

2 winless teams at School Field.  SJ has never started a year 0-8 in their history.  In 1978 they lost the 1st seven games then went 2 -1 to finish 2-8.  That propelled them in to 30+ game winning streak.

Culver Military over Bremen-  I won't listen to Marian fans anymore who told me to predict Saint Joseph

over CMA

Jimtown over Clay- contraction time for Clay

New Prairie over Elkhart= NP can go a long way in the playoffs.  Congrats on NIC championship.

Mishawaka over Penn- Mishawaka's Defense is better than I first thought

Glenn over Riley=Hard to motivate the Wildcats with NP coming up next week.

Saint Joseph over Adams-  if Armstead isn't back SJ will win easily.  I don't understand how a team 

with a D1 quarterback can go 0-10.  Remember Elkhart is coming up in 

playoffs for Adams.  

Marian over Washington- After losing to Glenn, Washington is playing much better football.  However

Marian to good for the Panthers. 

26 minutes ago, johnny U said:

I don't understand how a team with a D1 quarterback can go 0-10.

I thought the exact same thing until we played them.  Armstead literally ran for his life on every play.  No running game at all to slow down the pass rush.

I think they did have a few key injuries as well, but I’m sure every team can say that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnny U said:

Culver Military over Bremen-  I won't listen to Marian fans anymore who told me to predict Saint Joseph

over CMA  

🤣🤣🤣  We are like many teams this time of year. We have been battling injuries and are starting to get some back now. Unfortunately not all will return but some key ones might. We had a bad game against Marian and let's face it, they are 7-1 for a reason. They are darn good and will be a tough out in the tourney.

By all means, we don't mind if people keep us as underdogs. :classic_wink:  

The last Mishawaka Penn game in the foreseeable future and no one is talking.  This is a very average Penn team and I think Mishawaka wins Friday night 28 -14.  We'll see.

The train wreck that St Joe is this year is hard for alumni to fathom.  The sad thing is that they have talent but I don't believe that the schemes match the kids.  We'll see if they can

prevent being the first Saint Joe team to be 0-10.

CMA over Bremen by 10

Jimtown 48-6

New Prairie by scores...🤷🏾‍♂️

Mishawaka beats Penn

Glenn over Riley...I don’t know why, seems like something internal going on with the Cats.

I’ll take St. Joe 

Marian’s Defense and passing game is too much for Washington. 

Contrary to what some people think , both Schools want the Penn - Mishawaka series to continue . I've said it all along , it's a scheduling issue for the next few years as both schools have contracts for week 1-2 . 

https://www.southbendtribune.com/sports/high_school/football/noie-one-more-backyard-brawl-for-mishawaka-and-penn-on/article_9e55721d-e003-54a4-bc58-73357024a6c4.html

On 10/13/2019 at 1:32 PM, Indian72 said:
Friday, Oct. 18
Culver Academy at Bremen, 7:30 pm
Jimtown at Clay ©, 7 pm
New Prairie at Central ©, 7:30 pm
Penn at Mishawaka ©, 7 pm
Riley at Glenn ©, 7 pm
St. Joseph at Adams ©, 7 pm
Washington at Marian ©, 7 pm

Eagles soar over the lions

Jimmies hammer the colonials 

Wildcats take a bite out of the falcons 

Indians shoot down the eagles

Knights put a sword in the panthers 

Something tells me Penn over Mishawaka

Cougars escape Elkhart 

15 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Contrary to what some people think , both Schools want the Penn - Mishawaka series to continue . I've said it all along , it's a scheduling issue for the next few years as both schools have contracts for week 1-2 . 

https://www.southbendtribune.com/sports/high_school/football/noie-one-more-backyard-brawl-for-mishawaka-and-penn-on/article_9e55721d-e003-54a4-bc58-73357024a6c4.html

Grew up watching and played in the backyard brawl. Back in the mid 80s and 90s in the Geesman era it seemed like we would never beat Penn, coming within 20 seemed like a victory and we only had a few moral victories that I can remember. That trend continued throughout the 2000s and then Curtis changed the entire culture and brought a system that enabled Mishawaka to really hang and play with anyone on the schedule. It’s a shame, perhaps last time since the Michigan City merger the possibility of these teams not playing each other but that got figured out before they missed a game. I can’t imagine being a player at either school and not having the opportunity of playing at either Steele Stadium or Freed Field on a fall Friday night. Think the cavemen take care of business in this “final” meeting.

On 10/17/2019 at 7:53 AM, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Do we know when Penn extended the Laporte contract from 2 to 4 years?

Friday, Oct. 18
Jimtown at Clay ©, 7 pm
Riley at Glenn ©, 7 pm

Thank God Jimtown does't have to play New Prairie any more.

Friday, Oct. 18
Jimtown at Clay ©, 7 pm
Riley at Glenn ©, 7 pm

Friday, Oct. 18
Jimtown at Clay ©, 7 pm
Riley at Glenn ©, 7 pm

Friday, Oct. 18
Jimtown at Clay ©, 7 pm
Riley at Glenn ©, 7 pm

3 hours ago, Indian72 said:

Do we know when Penn extended the Laporte contract from 2 to 4 years?

What does that have to do with anything , as Mishawaka  slotted Marian and Elkhart into weeks 1 and 2 . Dean said they are honoring their contract . I love how people love to blame Penn , but Mishawaka left the NIC , that is the real reason we won't have this game for at least the next 4 years . 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 1:20 PM, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

What does that have to do with anything , as Mishawaka  slotted Marian and Elkhart into weeks 1 and 2 . Dean said they are honoring their contract . I love how people love to blame Penn , but Mishawaka left the NIC , that is the real reason we won't have this game for at least the next 4 years . 

Who is blaming Penn?  It was a question.  And they did not sign the Elk contract until after they could not work out something for 2, 4 , or 10 years.   The original discussion took place prior to Mishawaka signing a contract.  SO, they cannot play before the 2023 season. Plain and simple

21 hours ago, Indian72 said:

Who is blaming Penn?  It was a question.  And they did not sign the Elk contract until after they could not work out something for 2, 4 , or 10 years.   The original discussion took place prior to Mishawaka signing a contract.  SO, they cannot play before the 2023 season. Plain and simple

You must of not seen the other thread about this game ending . I've talked to several people in public around the Mishawaka area. Their response is , I can't understand why Penn doesn't want to keep this game . I guess there are a lot of people misinformed .