Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove vs. Cathedral @Tech

57 minutes ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

The one thing that I will say is that this is a much more improved and overall better team than what New Pal faced in week 2.

Same can be said about New Pal. Much better team. 
Actually, same can probably be said for majority of teams 

Edited by Olympian06

13 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Same can be said about New Pal. Much better team. 
Actually, same can probably be said for majority of teams 

I get what you are stating, but I don't know if I would say a majority of teams. I see a few that seem to be backsliding. I also see a few that are not backsliding and not improving. It has definitely been a interesting year in 6A. Of course that will make it that much more fun come playoffs.

What I think is interesting about the Cathedral vs Center Grove match-up every year is how it usually plays out. A couple of years I have seen comments where people thought both teams would be conservative being the last game of the season heading into the tournament. Usually it is the exact opposite, both teams lay it all out on the line. Should be a good game between two great programs.

• Like 2

Id like to see this game moved to Week 1, with some type of media major event sponsored by The GID to kickoff the season.  I would be happy to be master of ceremonies, conducting interviews with coaches and ADs and players before the game.  

This will bring together the top high school football media site, the top public and private programs in one of the very best facilities in the state, to kick off the 2020 season.

Could be a lot of fun.

It should be interesting.   The only game Center Grove played this year where you couldn't at least make the argument that they were the better team was New Pal.   Here you have IMO one of the top 2 favorites playing in 6A and 5A. Should be alot of fun!!  Tempted to go to Tech and see this one rather than Muncie to watch New Pal blow out Delta.

1 hour ago, dmizers3 said:

It should be interesting.   The only game Center Grove played this year where you couldn't at least make the argument that they were the better team was New Pal.   Here you have IMO one of the top 2 favorites playing in 6A and 5A. Should be alot of fun!!  Tempted to go to Tech and see this one rather than Muncie to watch New Pal blow out Delta.

If you do make it to Tech Friday, please come by and enjoy the Cathedral tailgate!

• Like 1

The bad thing about this game being  played during fall break is you have a lot  of people that might go the game, are out of town

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:59 PM, DT said:

Id like to see this game moved to Week 1, with some type of media major event sponsored by The GID to kickoff the season.  I would be happy to be master of ceremonies, conducting interviews with coaches and ADs and players before the game.  

This will bring together the top high school football media site, the top public and private programs in one of the very best facilities in the state, to kick off the 2020 season.

Could be a lot of fun.

You already have premier match up with CG and Warren week one and I would have to think CG and Warren are not willing to give that week up

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

Doesn't seem to be as much discussion for this game compared to years past.  The weather should be better this week and this should be another outstanding game on both sidelines.

I’m excited to listen (Prob IHeart Radio), unless someone knows of a web broadcast???

Are both teams healthy this week?

36 minutes ago, IrishFan1997 said:

I’m excited to listen (Prob IHeart Radio), unless someone knows of a web broadcast???

Center Grove Sports Network should have the live broadcast. Ted Kitchell and Kevin Conrad do a great job every week. CG is blessed to have them.

Edited by CGFan2017

8 hours ago, CGFan2017 said:

Center Grove Sports Network should have the live broadcast. Ted Kitchell and Kevin Conrad do a great job every week. CG is blessed to have them.

Wow I remember watching early 90s IU basketball games with Kitchell commentating and went to some Bob Knight basketball camps with his sons. What became of the Leerfield Sports Network? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IrishFan1997 said:

WHMB, channel 40 in Indianapolis, will be showing this game on a delayed basis.  I'm not sure if it can be downloaded.

• Thanks 1