Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 24

Overall this is pretty much what a seeded sectional would look like (if you exclude home & away considerations) except that you could flip Central and Memorial.

Memorial @ ByePersonally, I'd prefer to play in Rd. 1 but you can't lose to the Bye and it will be nice to have an extra week to get healthy as the Castle game this week will be a battle. 

Boonville @ Harrison:  This should be an entertaining game.  I'd like to play at Boonville in Round 2.  The last meeting between Memorial and Boonville was in 1957. 

Northview @ Jasper:  I was more impressed with Northview than Jasper when we played them in Wks. 1 & 2, but Jasper seems to have improved.  I haven't followed Northview but they haven't lost since Memorial beat them.  It will be interesting to see how Northview does against Indian Creek this week.   

Reitz @ Central:  Seems to be an annual thing in Sectional 24, but might lack the drama of prior years.  Central throttled Reitz in the first match-up 42-0.  It will be interesting to see how Central bounces back against North this week after losing to MD.  Reitz picked up a much-needed W against Bosse.  I don't see Reitz being able to hang with Central.

Time to figure out what to do on the 25th

My picks 

Memorial over the By week by at least 80 points 

Boonville over Harrison around 2-3 scores 

I'm going to go with Jasper over Northview, but I do believe it will be a close one 

Central over Reitz, running clock 

Memorial gets must needed rest and takes down boonville 49-12 

Northview has a very solid defense and I think they beat jasper in a close one 24-21

Reitz won't just lay down could be close early but central will be tough late to win 42-14 

After it's all said and done. It's going be a battle at enlow. Memorial vs Central re match that we all wanted. Memorials senior class 35-3 career and they don't go down without a FIGHT

Memorial gets must needed rest and takes down boonville 49-12 

Northview has a very solid defense and I think they beat jasper in a close one 24-21

Reitz won't just lay down could be close early but central will be tough late to win 42-14 

After it's all said and done. It's going be a battle at enlow. Memorial vs Central re match that we all wanted. Memorials senior class 35-3 career and they don't go down without a FIGHT

6 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

A Memorial Vs Central rematch will be a huge fight at Enlow. Will the Tigers be victorious? Or meet their same fate with the Bears?

I will stack our coaches up with anyone around. Hurley, Rupp, Johnson are as good as it gets! Central has good ones also it's going be a dog fight! 

Sectional opponents Jasper and Northview are similarly ranked by Sagarin, 60.75 and 57.07, and their respective opponents this Friday,  Mt. Vernon and Indian Creek, are also  very closely ranked, 52.03 and 52.23. The games this Friday should provide some insight on where they all stand at this point in the season.

Edited by jcat69

5 minutes ago, jcat69 said:

Sectional opponents Jasper and Northview are similarly ranked by Sagarin, 60.75 and 57.07, and their respective opponents this Friday,  Mt. Vernon and Indian Creek, are also  very closely ranked, 52.03 and 52.23. The games this Friday should provide some insight on where they all stand at this point in the season.

Yep.  I think the Northview-Jasper game will be the best one of the 1st Round. 

4 hours ago, Panther86 said:

Should be at Enlow because at that point Central would have had at least 1 home game and Memorial none.

No. 

IHSAA rule for the sectional championship round is  "Championships: Host team will be the team that has played the most away games. If both teams have played the same number of away games, the bottom bracket team shall host."

If Central and Memorial both advance to the sectional championship game Memorial will have had a bye and played one game away. Central will also have a home game and then no matter who their opponent is in round two they will have an  away game. That gives both Central and Memorial one away game. Central  would be the home team because they are the team from the bottom bracket.

17 hours ago, Panther86 said:

Should be at Enlow because at that point Central would have had at least 1 home game and Memorial none.

IHSAA may have changed it from counting home games to counting away games.  Makes sense in brackets with byes I guess.

Jasper dominated for over 3 quarters, 35 -7, tried to run out the clock, but Northview would have none it, scoring 3 TDs via the pass in the final few minutes. NV moved the ball all night, and would have been a different game, if not for several dropped passes. NV QB probably threw over 40 passes, no interceptions!

Too bad it took until week 9 for the coaches to figure out Brickey can throw if you keep him in the pocket instead of this crazy roll out stuff and passing behind the line.  Havent seen any numbers but he probably had a fourth of his season total in passing yards in the past 2 games.  Keep him in the pocket and he can throw.  Few high school QBs can throw accurately on the run while rolling out.  I know a loss is a loss but at least it was respectable unlike the regular season game.  Now time for basketball.  Odd saying being from Reitz but the next couple years could be something very good for us there.

• Like 1

Rule Clarification: 4th down on Jaspers 46,  Jasper punt is partially blocked, goes high in the air comes down on Jasper 48 where NV player attempts to catch it, did not control it, and Jasper recovers on their 47. After officials conference Jasper was awarded ball. Correct?

1 hour ago, jcat69 said:

Rule Clarification: 4th down on Jaspers 46,  Jasper punt is partially blocked, goes high in the air comes down on Jasper 48 where NV player attempts to catch it, did not control it, and Jasper recovers on their 47. After officials conference Jasper was awarded ball. Correct?

Correct. Once a scrimmage kick is touched by the receiving team beyond the neutral zone, the continuity of downs is broken. Whoever ends up with the ball will have a 1st and 10 from the dead ball spot.

JH's Prediction time! 

SECTIONAL 24
Evansville Memorial (8-1) at Boonville (5-4)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Bennett Field.
COACHES: John Hurley, 95-55 in 12th year at Memorial. Darin Ward, 34-19 in 5th year at Boonville, 104-49 in 14th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Memorial, 70.93, 58th overall, 10th in 4A. Boonville, 47.54, 142nd overall, 35th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Memorial defeated Castle, 11-3. Boonville defeated Evansville Harrison, 47-0.
VS. COMMON FOES: Memorial 2-0; Boonville 1-1.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Memorial 43-44. Boonville 37-52.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: No meetings.
jh PREDICTION: Memorial, 28-21.
Evansville Central (8-2) at Jasper (6-3)
GAME TIME: 7:30 pm ET, Brewer Field.
COACHES: Sean Coultis, 8-2 in 1st year at Central. Tony Lewis, 6-3 in 1st year at Jasper, 137-69 in 18th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Central, 70.51, 60th overall, 11th in 4A. Jasper, 61.4, 83rd overall, 18th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Central defeated Evansville Reitz, 41-34. Jasper defeated Northview, 35-28.
VS. COMMON FOES: Central 1-0; Jasper 0-1.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Central 39-47. Jasper 51-37.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Jasper, 8-2
LAST MEETING: Central, 26-15, Oct. 27, 2017, sectional.

jh PREDICTION: Central, 28-24.

SECTIONAL 24
  SECT REGN SEMI STATE
Evansville Memorial 42.96% 12.87% 7.20% 2.68%
Evansville Central 41.55% 15.96% 10.41% 4.86%
Jasper 11.78% 2.62% 1.19% .33%
Boonville 1.71% .12% .02% .00%
Northview 1.33% .14% .04% .00%
Evansville Reitz .66% .06% .01% .00%
Evansville Harrison .00% .00% .00% .00%

Massey predictions: 

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14084&s=308152 

Central over Jasper, 28-21, 67% chance of Central winning the game 

Memorial over Boonville, 35-7, 96% of Memorial winning the game 

Fun Fact: Boonville and Memorial meet up for the first time since 1957, with Memorial winning that game 19-7

Memorial leads the all time series 10-3-1