Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 32

6 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Does anyone know what Salem is like?  Really haven’t heard anything about them maybe ever 

GS should roll in this one. Sectional history, Salem has only 1 title way back in 94. GS has 3 sectional titles all since 2012 and since 2012 GS has been the marquee team south of Indy in 3A. 

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

I see the traditional’ 32 teams going 3-0 against the ‘traditional’ 31. 

HH @ GS week 2 will be a doozy.

GS will be tough to beat at GS. !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Does anyone know what Salem is like?  Really haven’t heard anything about them maybe ever 

Salem is a classic, true triple option flexbone team. They have a talented quarterback and they run the system well. If you don't see that all season long, preparing for it on short notice can be challenging. However, I don't see GS having any trouble with them as they will have not seen anything like GS all year. 

2 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

Salem is a classic, true triple option flexbone team. They have a talented quarterback and they run the system well. If you don't see that all season long, preparing for it on short notice can be challenging. However, I don't see GS having  any trouble with them as they will have not seen anything like GS all year. 

Sounds pretty similar to what Heritage hills ran vs the xGS for 470 yards lol. In some ways this is probably a good thing seeing as if GS were to take care of business and win vs Salem it would be good prep for what we can assume will be HH round 2...but then again HH could also show up and run a completely different offense and throw any of that out the window haha

HH over Corydon.  GS over Salem.  Southridge over Mt. Vernon.  Bosse over N. Harrison.

HH @ GS.  I'll take HH again but GS will be much closer this time.    

Southridge @ Bosse.  Bulldogs in the upset. 

HH over Bosse.  Bosse is 2-3 players away from beating a team like HH.  Patriots will wear them down.

@PAC FAN  - GS is on the marquee, but winning state and being runner-up (and beating 2 Indy p/p along the way) makes Memorial the headliner of the show in 3A South.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, reitzguy said:

Dont anyone look past Bosse. Dont let the record fool you. I have seen them play a couple times and their D is better than any of the other three teams in there half of the bracket. The Madison kid is a beast on both sides of the ball.

That Bosse defense gave up 21 points to Washington. That is the most points Washington has scored this year. Washington only scored more that 1 TD in one other game this year.

That Bosse defense lost to Vincennes and gave up 28 points. That is the 2nd most points Vincennes has scored this year.

That Bosse defense gave up 45 points to Central. That is the  most points Central has scored this year.

• Haha 2

^^^^^^^^^^^^Bosse is not the best defense in the bottom half.  I'll take SR over Bosse in round 2.  GS will be tested all they want vs Salem.  Salem has 3 losses to Silver Creek(4a 7-1), B'town Central(3a 8-0), and Charlestown(3a 6-2).  It looks like there were in the game with BC and C'town, spread was a little further apart vs SC.  I still expect GS to win, and may even beat them handily, but roadtripping to Salem wont be a cakewalk by any means IMO.  I still expect GS vs HH in the top half, and HH is playing good ball, but its hard to beat a team twice, which was the case last season for HH, although this team is senior laden and I believe will get past GS once more this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2017statechamps said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^Bosse is not the best defense in the bottom half.  I'll take SR over Bosse in round 2.  GS will be tested all they want vs Salem.  Salem has 3 losses to Silver Creek(4a 7-1), B'town Central(3a 8-0), and Charlestown(3a 6-2).  It looks like there were in the game with BC and C'town, spread was a little further apart vs SC.  I still expect GS to win, and may even beat them handily, but roadtripping to Salem wont be a cakewalk by any means IMO.  I still expect GS vs HH in the top half, and HH is playing good ball, but its hard to beat a team twice, which was the case last season for HH, although this team is senior laden and I believe will get past GS once more this season.

For what it’s worth the Salem QB was out against Silver Creek....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, reitzguy said:

Dont anyone look past Bosse. Dont let the record fool you. I have seen them play a couple times and their D is better than any of the other three teams in there half of the bracket. The Madison kid is a beast on both sides of the ball.

No....Bosse will have their hands full stopping North Harrison’s ground game all night long.  MV / SR could be an interesting game.

9 hours ago, Titan20 said:

No....Bosse will have their hands full stopping North Harrison’s ground game all night long.  MV / SR could be an interesting game.

Bosse's worst enemy is always Bosse. Where will this game be played and how is Bosse on numbers, depth, etc..? 

Round 1

Heritage Hills (75.07) is a 56.5-point favorite (0-point home-field advantage) against Corydon (18.76)

Gibson Southern (63.5) is a 23-point favorite (0-point home-field advantage) against Salem (40.43)

Southridge (58.17) is a 7.5-point favorite (0-point home-field advantage) against Mt. Vern. of Posey (50.78)

Ev. Bosse (38.1) is a 15-point favorite (0-point home-field advantage) against North Harrison (23.25)

Round 2

Heritage Hills (75.07) is a 11.5-point favorite (0-point home-field advantage) against Gibson Southern (63.5)

Southridge (58.17) is a 20-point favorite (0-point home-field advantage) against Ev. Bosse (38.1)

Round 3

Heritage Hills (75.07) is a 17-point favorite (0-point home-field advantage) against Southridge (58.17)

This will be the second toughest sectional in the state!  I believe we can all agree on this:  the winner of this sectional will earn it for sure. 

But I have a question, we seemed to have jumped straight to the tournament, why is there no talk of the SR vs GS week nine match up any where??  C'mon man, two ranked 3A opponents in week nine!!  Where's all the hype??!!

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2019 at 10:58 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

Sounds pretty similar to what Heritage hills ran vs the xGS for 470 yards lol. In some ways this is probably a good thing seeing as if GS were to take care of business and win vs Salem it would be good prep for what we can assume will be HH round 2...but then again HH could also show up and run a completely different offense and throw any of that out the window haha

If GS learns how to stop the flexbone by a new defensive alignment they almost won't be able to use it, I think GS will run base defense on Salems flexbone but, will switch things up for HH.

19 minutes ago, Wartortle14 said:

If GS learns how to stop the flexbone by a new defensive alignment they almost won't be able to use it, I think GS will run base defense on Salems flexbone but, will switch things up for HH.

GS had no clue how to stop HH in the first meeting.  The good news is if they can learn how to play with some defensive integrity in the next meeting, they should be right there.  Integrity meaning alignment, assignment, and understanding the importance of leverage when playing defense.   Not sure why you would ever plan man coverage against a team like HH who rarely throws the ball.  Totally pointless to do so out of their base sets.    A poor defensive performance.

The positive side is that Gibson did attempt to get back into the game in the 2nd half, and was able to move the ball against a stout HH defense.  GIbson will be able to move the ball in the rematch.  Offense will not be the problem.  The question is...... will they have some clue how to defend veer, midlne, and a couple counter actions HH runs?    They have the talent to beat HH.  Will the defensive staff have them in position to do so? 

18 hours ago, 2017statechamps said:

Sounds to me like your saying Salem cant beat the good teams.  Also you failed to mention that Bosse held Memorial to 10 points going into the fourth quarter. Washington scored late and Lincoln capitalized on at least 4 Bosse turnovers Just keep telling yourself that Bosse is not good. Not saying they will win the sectional but they are very much a sleeper. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, 2017statechamps said:

Confucius say....don't forget grasshopper, man standing on toilet is high on pot and Bosse plays in SIAC which give magical power. (gracious respectful bow)

Image result for confucius bowing image

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

Sounds to me like your saying Salem cant beat the good teams.  Also you failed to mention that Bosse held Memorial to 10 points going into the fourth quarter. Washington scored late and Lincoln capitalized on at least 4 Bosse turnovers Just keep telling yourself that Bosse is not good. Not saying they will win the sectional but they are very much a sleeper. 

Also GS hasnt really beaten anyone either but it looks like going into the Salem game they are getting alot of looks at the wing t/flexbone.

13 hours ago, Titan20 said:

I wasn’t impressed with North Harrison at all when they played Btown. I don’t see an Evansville team having any trouble with them. 

Reitz guy...sounds like u are tapped into bosse football. I saw them a few times and thought they could be a team to shock people in the tournament. Last time I saw them was North game. I figured they would beat reitz by 3 tds . Reitz looked bad when I saw them early and thought bosse could throw and use speed to score. What happened? Injuries? Or maybe I was wrong. Still think SIAC speed matters, despite what some have said on here .. but so does winning and coaching.