Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 32

@Wartortle14 GS has had a specific scheme for the wishbone/wing/double wing/flex for a good amount of time. In the past it has worked great. Other times it hasn’t. 

I think what gets overlooked is usually the bone is used to make up for size with speed and misdirection.....But HH has both. 

GS is very capable of stopping it and I don’t know many teams that run their base defense vs the bone lol. Also shouldn’t be overlooked that GSs first half of the schedule is doesn’t have bone/wing teams too much but the 2nf half has HH tell city and southridge.

bottom line. GS has to play disciplined football this week vs Southridge and next week vs Salem. They also can’t turnover the ball. HH forced 4 turnovers vs GS...so while GS put up 400 yards of offense, it was to little result.  

if you turn the ball over 4 times in a game you shouldn’t be close to winning the game at all. And vs great senior led teams like HH that is what happened in a blowout loss 

Btw @Wartortle14 love the name

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

@Wartortle14 GS has had a specific scheme for the wishbone/wing/double wing/flex for a good amount of time. In the past it has worked great. Other times it hasn’t. 

I think what gets overlooked is usually the bone is used to make up for size with speed and misdirection.....But HH has both. 

GS is very capable of stopping it and I don’t know many teams that run their base defense vs the bone lol. Also shouldn’t be overlooked that GSs first half of the schedule is doesn’t have bone/wing teams too much but the 2nf half has HH tell city and southridge.

bottom line. GS has to play disciplined football this week vs Southridge and next week vs Salem. They also can’t turnover the ball. HH forced 4 turnovers vs GS...so while GS put up 400 yards of offense, it was to little result.  

if you turn the ball over 4 times in a game you shouldn’t be close to winning the game at all. And vs great senior led teams like HH that is what happened in a blowout loss 

Btw @Wartortle14 love the name

Heritage Hills was up 21-0 before the Titans had their 1st turnover.

1 hour ago, DaveMosbey said:

Correct.  That's because they didn't even attempt to tackle the fullback on veer for the entire 1st quarter.....and some of the 2nd quarter as well.

1 hour ago, DaveMosbey said:

I mean that’s all good and true...but I’m not going to sit here and believe that turning the ball over 4 times had no impact on the game.  

here are some facts

GS turned it over on downs 2 times in HH territory (HH 16 and 33 yard line)

GS turned it over in HH territory 3 times (Ints at the HH 12, 38, 45) 

GS turned it over 1 time on their side of the field (Fumbled at the GS 31)

HH had 2 touchdown runs for 66 yards and 71 yards. Both QB runs on the same run play.

im not going to say that if none of those things happened that GS would have won, because that’s a bunch of ifs and thens...but let’s not pretend that GS couldn’t do anything.

another thing that got me was the game vs Southridge. The second half started 7-7...here is SRs drives.

1)3 and out....Short punt of 22 yards...1 play later HH scores 35 yards out 

2) 4 plays and SR gets intercepted...2 plays later 50 yard run for the touchdown 

3) 3 and out punt...2 plays later 67 yard run for HH

4) 3 and out.  Punt  5 plays later, 35 yard pass touchdown 

5) 1 play...it’s intercepted at the SR 21.  5 plays later they punch it in from 1 yard out 

6) running clock  a string of run plays SR runs out the clock on themselves.

HH is by all means a team that Is capitalizing on mistakes and cracks big plays to force other teams into panicking.  If you don’t believe me go look at the jasper game. Turnover game was 2-2 for both teams and HH had to chip its way into the endzone every time, no big plays for touchdowns.  

6 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I mean that’s all good and true...but I’m not going to sit here and believe that turning the ball over 4 times had no impact on the game.  

here are some facts

GS turned it over on downs 2 times in HH territory (HH 16 and 33 yard line)

GS turned it over in HH territory 3 times (Ints at the HH 12, 38, 45) 

GS turned it over 1 time on their side of the field (Fumbled at the GS 31)

HH had 2 touchdown runs for 66 yards and 71 yards. Both QB runs on the same run play.

im not going to say that if none of those things happened that GS would have won, because that’s a bunch of ifs and thens...but let’s not pretend that GS couldn’t do anything.

another thing that got me was the game vs Southridge. The second half started 7-7...here is SRs drives.

1)3 and out....Short punt of 22 yards...1 play later HH scores 35 yards out 

2) 4 plays and SR gets intercepted...2 plays later 50 yard run for the touchdown 

3) 3 and out punt...2 plays later 67 yard run for HH

4) 3 and out.  Punt  5 plays later, 35 yard pass touchdown 

5) 1 play...it’s intercepted at the SR 21.  5 plays later they punch it in from 1 yard out 

6) running clock  a string of run plays SR runs out the clock on themselves.

HH is by all means a team that Is capitalizing on mistakes and cracks big plays to force other teams into panicking.  If you don’t believe me go look at the jasper game. Turnover game was 2-2 for both teams and HH had to chip its way into the endzone every time, no big plays for touchdowns.  

Who's pretending Gibson didn't do anything ??? You make a lot of assumptions over my 1 small comment, I didn't say Gibson didn't move the ball I was actually at all three of those games and saw every play , I know Gibson had success moving the ball just pointing out the turnovers came when the team was trying to come back from 3 touchdowns down.

as far as turnovers on downs Heritage Hills turned it over on downs also with about 1 minute left in first half on Titan 21, At the time I said it was huge for GS because we had a chance to go up 28-0 and that's a big difference then 21-0, Especially with Titans having ball to start the half. .

Also  the Southridge game you talk about the game being 7-7 at half  and talk about Raider mistakes in 2nd half but no mention of the HH missed chances in the 1st half,  HH had a missed field goal in the first half   and had 2 fumbles on another drive, we recovered both but pushed us back and ended up turning it over on downs.

HH played their 2 best games of the year against GS and SR and I'm sure if they meet 1 or both again the games will be dogfights.

Anyway I'm done talking about the first game   its in the past and only reason I replied again is its hard to resist when you use words like " If you don’t believe me " making assumptions what I'm thinking over my 1 sentence reply.  My only point was when you get buried like that against a good team its a huge hill to climb and Yes the turnovers hurt the Titans chance to comeback and impacted the game in that way but if you don't fall behind 3 TDs could have overcame the turnovers and had a chance to win. When a team scores the first 21 points of a game and last 21 points a game its hard to overcome..

• Like 1

I hate to speculate about the next GS/HH matchup (assuming it happens--I'm hoping GS overlooks Salem, they won't).  HH was playing with the swagger and attitude of the old days in that game.  GS flat out was ready for the bus in the 4th quarter.  They got some momentum when they came out and scored quick in the 2nd half.  Anyone that knows anything about GS knew that 21-0 was nothing that they couldn't come back from.  I remember telling by brother in law at the half that Coach Hart may very well come out in the 2nd and feed our rear ends to us.  I trust things will be different next game (again, if it happens)...score will surely be closer.  We must remember also that these are children if anything they are inconsistent.  This group of kids is determined, it has been a while since I have seen an HH team with this much attitude.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2019 at 10:13 PM, Evansville50 said:

Reitz guy...sounds like u are tapped into bosse football. I saw them a few times and thought they could be a team to shock people in the tournament. Last time I saw them was North game. I figured they would beat reitz by 3 tds . Reitz looked bad when I saw them early and thought bosse could throw and use speed to score. What happened? Injuries? Or maybe I was wrong. Still think SIAC speed matters, despite what some have said on here .. but so does winning and coaching. 

If I were GS, I'd run a spread offense (three wide and a TE, and force HH to try to match up man to man for four quarters. I'm not sure HH has the same program work ethic that they once did. Meanwhile, Gibson Southern can platoon and out work the Patriots. 

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2019 at 1:20 PM, reitzguy said:

Dont anyone look past Bosse. Dont let the record fool you. I have seen them play a couple times and their D is better than any of the other three teams in there half of the bracket. The Madison kid is a beast on both sides of the ball.

What was that about Bosse's D???

On 10/14/2019 at 1:58 PM, tango said:

HH over Corydon.  GS over Salem.  Southridge over Mt. Vernon.  Bosse over N. Harrison.

HH @ GS.  I'll take HH again but GS will be much closer this time.    

Southridge @ Bosse.  Bulldogs in the upset. 

HH over Bosse.  Bosse is 2-3 players away from beating a team like HH.  Patriots will wear them down.

@PAC FAN  - GS is on the marquee, but winning state and being runner-up (and beating 2 Indy p/p along the way) makes Memorial the headliner of the show in 3A South.

If Bosse was 2 players away from beating HH, I'm guessing you meant they need Tom Brady and Julian Edelman? Were those the two you were talking about?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Kill me now 1
  • Sit and spin 1

11 hours ago, 2017statechamps said:

What was that about Bosse's D???

If Bosse was 2 players away from beating HH, I'm guessing you meant they need Tom Brady and Julian Edelman? Were those the two you were talking about?

Clearly the Bulldogs laid an egg and would likely have been blown out by Heritage Hills without Brady and Edelman, and probably a few others.  Score probably would have been 42-7 or worse...

It is a shame this sectional is getting lost on page 3 of the threads. I really think this GS vs HH game will be a nail-biter down to the end. The Southridge fan in me would love to see GS win (Because i think we would take care of business this time around). However, I hate hearing about Gibson Southern when they have proved nothing...ever. But if you ask any news station in southern Indiana, GS is the best team since the '72 Dolphins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yeah that rematch would be awesome, because I think GS shows it's not even close....just like every other year of Buening's tenure.  Based on what I have seen coming in the lower levels I would say SR made the right call signing up to be in the small team division of the PAC.

8 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Yeah that rematch would be awesome, because I think GS shows it's not even close....just like every other year of Buening's tenure.  Based on what I have seen coming in the lower levels I would say SR made the right call signing up to be in the small team division of the PAC.

😳 

44 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Which game makes you say it is not even close (Between GS and Southridge)? 

Was it the "Running Clock" Game GS had against HH? - GS looked stellar in that game.

The last second Hail Mary against Southridge (Which was a very close game)?

Or was it your "back-and-fourth" win against 3A POWERHOUSE Salem?

Fancy me, why dontcha... 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Which game makes you say it is not even close (Between GS and Southridge)? 

Was it the "Running Clock" Game GS had against HH? - GS looked stellar in that game.

The last second Hail Mary against Southridge (Which was a very close game)?

Or was it your "back-and-fourth" win against 3A POWERHOUSE Salem?

Fancy me, why dontcha... 

How many times has Southridge beat GS since Buening has been your coach? That would be 0!

What is the total score from those games? That would be GS 268 to SR 115!

Enjoy all your small school titles. 

9 minutes ago, Sacked said:

How many times has Southridge beat GS since Buening has been your coach? That would be 0!

What is the total score from those games? That would be GS 268 to SR 115!

Enjoy all your small school titles. 

Hahahaha. Call me when you start to have a little post season success.. Don't forget, we are a 2A team playing up because of our success. Keep being proud of yourselves for coming up short!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Hahahaha. Call me when you start to have a little post season success.. Don't forget, we are a 2A team playing up because of our success. Keep being proud of yourselves for coming up short!

I would sure hope that one of the biggest schools in 2A would have some success in that class. It would be pretty embarrassing if you didn't. Kind of like how embarrassing it would be if you don't win the PAC small school title ever year. 

7 minutes ago, Sacked said:

I would sure hope that one of the biggest schools in 2A would have some success in that class. It would be pretty embarrassing if you didn't. Kind of like how embarrassing it would be if you don't win the PAC small school title ever year. 

I don't understand though... You are the biggest team in the PAC... Why don't you win every year? You also have more than 100 more students than Memorial... Why didn't you ever beat them? I just don't understand. The bigger school is ALWAYS supposed to win. - Otherwise that would be SUPER EMBARRASSING.

Edited by RoadRunner

1 minute ago, RoadRunner said:

I don't understand though... You are the biggest team in the PAC... Why don't you win every year? You also have more than 100 more students than Memorial... Why didn't you ever beat them? I just don't understand. The bigger school is ALWAYS supposed to win.

We have 100 more than Memorial? I honestly didn't know that.