Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 32

Y’all memorial fans are a funny bunch

y’all like to talk up your good teams so much and then absolutely disregard your bad teams like they are ungrateful step children who are a stain on your programs history.

3-3 very easily could be 5-1 for BOTH teams.

2014 GS and 2018 memorial are the only years the games haven’t been close at all this decade.

14 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Now hold on....GS fans will only mention the Hart era when discussing football. Perfect example was the earlier comment that EM vs GS 3-3 Hart era. Seems some others only remember the good times. 

To be fair I have been the only member here who was here before the Hart era...and I was here as a student at GS back in 2011...I’m not sure any other GS poster has been here as long.

so this whole time, the GS posters have only spoke/wrote about the Hart area. Right or wrong that’s the way I perceive it....and I find myself being the only one to ever mention what it was like at GS for football before Hart. 

16 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

To be fair I have been the only member here who was here before the Hart era...and I was here as a student at GS back in 2011...I’m not sure any other GS poster has been here as long.

so this whole time, the GS posters have only spoke/wrote about the Hart area. Right or wrong that’s the way I perceive it....and I find myself being the only one to ever mention what it was like at GS for football before Hart. 

Several GS posters have been on this board and around GS football long before you showed up. 

1 minute ago, sr1 said:

Several GS posters have been on this board and around GS football long before you showed up. 

If they were here they didn’t post at all. I was very clearly by myself hyping GS for a good bit. Then a few came out of the shadows if what you say is true. 

then we had the great flood of GS posters before they died off after 2015 

3 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

If they were here they didn’t post at all. I was very clearly by myself hyping GS for a good bit. Then a few came out of the shadows if what you say is true. 

then we had the great flood of GS posters before they died off after 2015 

There was discussion on the old board. I remember reading a lot of banter about Steffanich's 2002 team with Paredain and the other RB. His name escapes me. Good skill players, but the line wasn't very good and the Titans couldn't pass. 

6 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

There was discussion on the old board. I remember reading a lot of banter about Steffanich's 2002 team with Paredain and the other RB. His name escapes me. Good skill players, but the line wasn't very good and the Titans couldn't pass. 

Coach Obermeier was still the HC in 2002.  

• Haha 1

Each were HC for 7 years.

John Obermeier (1998-2004) 35-40

Rick Stefanich (2005-2011) 34-40

1998 9-3  <----Maybe the team you are thinking of

1999 6-5

2000 4-6

2001 5-6

2002 4-6

2003 4-6

2004 3-8

2005 5-6

2006 6-5

2007 7-3 <-----Stefanich's best team

2008 4-6

2009 4-7

2010 4-6

2011 4-7

16 hours ago, Sacked said:

@RoadRunner The banter back and forth has been fun. It has been a slow year for that. 😁 But in all honesty, it's pretty awesome having 3 teams out of the PAC ranked in the top 10. Good luck going forward. We are both going to need it vs HH. 

Don't you bring HH into your guys' scuffle!!  We are just fine being left alone.  No one needs any luck for anything!!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

Don't you bring HH into your guys' scuffle!!  We are just fine being left alone.  No one needs any luck for anything!!

From where I am standing you guys are at the top of this scuffle holding a big bulls eye. 😀

12 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Y’all memorial fans are a funny bunch

y’all like to talk up your good teams so much and then absolutely disregard your bad teams like they are ungrateful step children who are a stain on your programs history.

3-3 very easily could be 5-1 for BOTH teams.

2014 GS and 2018 memorial are the only years the games haven’t been close at all this decade.

Nobody I know considers the Memorial teams from 2012-2014 a "stain on program's history".  But I do agree that with a couple of exceptions, the recent match-ups between GS and Memorial have been very competitive, exciting games and most could have gone either way.  It's why the rivalry is so good.  Both have great coaches, kids, & fans.  Until this year, it was an eventual tournament match-up a lot of people were already looking forward to in August... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eschnur66 said:

Coach Obermeier was still the HC in 2002.  

http://hhqbclub.com/history/HH_gibsonsouthern2002.html

Ahh, how could I forget the HH grad. Gibson Southern at that time was always very tough at the JV levels, but couldn't translate it to varsity. Schemes were very basic like Mount Vernon used to do with 1 foot splits and just pound the ball.

Frank Tichenor was the scat back and one of the Parideans (Joey had already graduated, I believe) was a bruiser, but he went out early with an injury.

Just now, hhpatriot04 said:

http://hhqbclub.com/history/HH_gibsonsouthern2002.html

Ahh, how could I forget the HH grad. Gibson Southern at that time was always very tough at the JV levels, but couldn't translate it to varsity. Schemes were very basic like Mount Vernon used to do with 1 foot splits and just pound the ball.

Frank Tichenor was the scat back and one of the Parideans (Joey had already graduated, I believe) was a bruiser, but he went out early with an injury.

Tichenor transferred from Princeton and I am not sure that he ever played with Ace (Adam) Paridean.  I played against Coach O and Ace in the backfield as a senior at Boonville.  

14 minutes ago, eschnur66 said:

Tichenor transferred from Princeton and I am not sure that he ever played with Ace (Adam) Paridean.  I played against Coach O and Ace in the backfield as a senior at Boonville.  

Perhaps in 2001, they would have been on the field together? I played some DL as a sophomore and caught Tichenor trying to cut back on a sweep... Paridean could've played a role on Friday Night Lights. I graduated in 2004, so 2003 was my senior year. HH and Boonville still played in the Coca-Cola Classic or whatever it was called at Castle at the time. All I remember is the free pizza!

Getting back to this decade... It's a shame the new PACs and SIAC can't do any Friday/Saturday crossovers ...  4 games in Evansville on Tuesday, 4 on Saturday (boo to soccer). So many of these out-of-conference games are no longer possible. I think Reitz and Jasper will return to the status which they once had. Boonville is improving ... Boonville-Bosse games always seemed to be some wars and I think they are natural opponents. I worry the new SIAC may further isolate SW Indiana football. Should be an interesting experiment.

39 minutes ago, tango said:

Me too. 

Unfortunately, it will analytically.  It will be the same situation as exists for the SAC....basically an island within the state.

I get why conferences do what they do, but as a fan I dislike it.  Just a few years ago, I was able to annually watch Dwenger play for 3-4 years straight when they played Chatard but that opportunity is foreclosed these days.

Admittedly, it seemed like only Mater Dei made an annual early season trek North but with teams like Gibson Southern beginning to extend out from SW Indiana the prospect of seeing more teams from SW Indiana play in Central Indiana seemed like a possible reality that I was looking forward to.

oh well....

Edited by Lysander

2 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Getting back to this decade... It's a shame the new PACs and SIAC can't do any Friday/Saturday crossovers ...  

I agree it's a shame.  The last six years, the SIAC has had non-conference games in weeks 1 and 2, and many teams for much longer than that.  PAC schools kept their 3A vs 2A in-conference matchups instead of following suit. 

I'm still holding out hope that two schools join the SIAC and East/West divisions can be drawn.  

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

Unfortunately, it will analytically.  It will be the same situation as exists for the SAC....basically an island within the state.

I get why conferences do what they do, but as a fan I dislike it.  Just a few years ago, I was able to annually watch Dwenger play for 3-4 years straight when they played Chatard but that opportunity is foreclosed these days.

Admittedly, it seemed like only Mater Dei made an annual early season trek North but with teams like Gibson Southern beginning to extend out from SW Indiana the prospect of seeing more teams from SW Indiana play in Central Indiana seemed like a possible reality that I was looking forward to.

oh well....

Great point!!

I think Gibson Southern has used the change in the conference alignment in a very positive way for their program by including central Indiana teams and by strengthening their schedule.  Teams like Heritage Hills, Southridge and Booneville could also do this because of realignment, whereas the SIAC is now married to the conference and will only play conference games until tournament time.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

Great point!!

I think Gibson Southern has used the change in the conference alignment in a very positive way for their program by including central Indiana teams and by strengthening their schedule.  Teams like Heritage Hills, Southridge and Booneville could also do this because of realignment, whereas the SIAC is now married to the conference and will only play conference games until tournament time.

Was that Patriot 74 actually saying something positive about GS during game week? He must be getting soft. 🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Each were HC for 7 years.

John Obermeier (1998-2004) 35-40

Rick Stefanich (2005-2011) 34-40

1998 9-3  <----Maybe the team you are thinking of

The 98 team had the older Paridean (Joey) on the line,  Hurt at RB,  Weisheit, and Ingler.  Solid squad.