Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 32

20 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Perhaps in 2001, they would have been on the field together? I played some DL as a sophomore and caught Tichenor trying to cut back on a sweep... Paridean could've played a role on Friday Night Lights. I graduated in 2004, so 2003 was my senior year. HH and Boonville still played in the Coca-Cola Classic or whatever it was called at Castle at the time. All I remember is the free pizza!

Getting back to this decade... It's a shame the new PACs and SIAC can't do any Friday/Saturday crossovers ...  4 games in Evansville on Tuesday, 4 on Saturday (boo to soccer). So many of these out-of-conference games are no longer possible. I think Reitz and Jasper will return to the status which they once had. Boonville is improving ... Boonville-Bosse games always seemed to be some wars and I think they are natural opponents. I worry the new SIAC may further isolate SW Indiana football. Should be an interesting experiment.

Tichenor was younger than that.  I played for Boonville in that Coca-Cola Classic.  3 pm on a Saturday afternoon, 20,000 degrees, playing the defending state champs and get the ball inside the 20 yard line three times in the first half, but come away with no points. Only game in my life where I had cramping issues.

41 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Best of luck to all 4 teams tonight! I will be tuning in to Kurt G and Scott S on the 100.9 WBDC for the Southridge vs North Harrison Game from the warmth of my living room.

If you want any game-day banter on the GID, please make sure I am invited...

I am sure that the Southridge players and coaches appreciate all your support. Enjoy your living room. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tango said:

I hope Boonville HS has good cell reception so I can follow HH @ GS on the interweb.  Good luck to both teams in what should be a great game. 

Good cell reception in the Boonies?  Holler if you see me.  I will be THE guy in the Red coat! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, eschnur66 said:

Good cell reception in the Boonies?  Holler if you see me.  I will be THE guy in the Red coat! 

LOL.  Yea, I expect most will be in black or blue.  we'll have gumbo and white chicken chili at the tailgate in South lot.  All are welcome.

Congrats to HH on the hard fought victory. Crazy game.

For GS they won this game in 2 of 3 phases. Special teams was the lone one they lost and it was the difference.  Up 13 in the mid 4th and 2 great punt returns put HH in scoring position right away.  They take the lead 21-20...

blocked FG at the end and misses PAT in the 2nd absolute heartbreakers to lose on.

GS played almost as perfect of a game as they could and the community has to be so proud and impressed with how much they improved from the regular season loss to HH.

81B23D6A-0939-4A06-A1DB-E8E3303504C9.thumb.png.9a7b59fc90a97b83ef8b71d17581f729.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paladin said:

I think the Pats are living a "charmed life" so far. They escaped tonight. They will have to play better the rest of the way if they want to go deeper in the tournament. They are capable, but 100% effort is required in each advancing game. At this level they will have to earn each victory.

This was my feeling for Lincoln last week...didn’t seem real that they advanced. I guess every team needs one of those types of games where luck comes into play! It’s hard to execute at a high level throughout the tournament! 

Its not easy beating a good team twice and the Patriots were trying to do it on the road against a team they throttled in the first in the first meeting, Patriots controlled the first quarter and the final 6 minutes of the 4th quarter everything else was all Titans.

Game was going so well at the started Patriots were up 7-0 and had a  1st and goal and was stopped just inches from the goal line on a play I thought they broke the plain but it was very close, Looked like Patriots had the ball back after a Titan fumble but after the officials talked about it for what seemed like several minutes they ruled down before the fumble so instead of Patriots having a redo in the Red Zone the Titans had the ball back and eventually scored on the drive and tied the game 7-7 and after that it was all Titans until the final 6 minutes of the game.

Patriots faced a lot of adversity last night Two-Way starting lineman Hunter Wetzel left with a injury and didn't return as did two-way starting DB-RB Gavin Vaal who is the fastest of the Patriot running backs and were facing a determined Titan team that outplayed them for  2½ quarters. Not having trailed all season you never know how a team will react when getting behind for the first time and the Patriots were behind 14-7 and 20-7 and it looked like the season would end in at Gibson Southern for the 2nd straight season but not this year with this Senior dominated team, In the 4th quarter Patriots  get a long punt return by Feldpausch followed by Sigler 25-yard TD run,  Then on defense force another punt and  have a long Sigler return followed by Wetzel 18-yard TD run and led 21-20 but left too much time on clock.

On the Titan drive it looked like the Titans had turned the ball over but again ruled down before the fumble and the Titans had a 2nd  life and attempted a 25-yard field goal for the win that was blocked.

Patriots win in one of the best games I have witnessed in my 40 years watching Patriot football. Tough way too lose a game and have to feel for the Titans who played so well for most of the game but in the end the Patriots policy of playing their top players on Offense-Defense and Special teams all 3 was the difference because like so many times in the past the Patriots made huge plays on special teams.

Doesn't get any easier with another re-match against a ranked conference rival coming up in the championship. Great game Titans  and I'm so proud of the Patriots on the unbelievable comeback.

With the win Coach Wilkerson now trails Coach Hart  5-6 in head to head meetings, Titans are 3-1 at Heritage Hills during that period and the Patriots are 4-3 at Gibson Southern. 

-

Brady Allen had the fewest yards in his career by 1 yard completing 8 of 13 passes for 103 yards, Previous low was 104 yards VS Henderson County in 2018 but difference is the Henderson game he just struggled going 13 out of 30 this game the Titans were more content to take what the defense gave them and seemed like ran a ton of sweeps and severial of the passes attempted were screen passes.

On the final play it looked like the blocked field goal rolled in the end zone and Titans fell on it, Is that a live ball ?? Curious because in one of the videos on Twitter noticed one of the Titan coaches was in the face of a official. 

I know I should ask that in the officials section but too lazy after only sleeping 2½ to 3 hours last night.

1 hour ago, DaveMosbey said:

Not luck! Sorry but "Sometimes that's the way it bounces" isn't showing much respect to an opponent that has beaten you 3 out of the past 4. "The better team won and we hope they or Southridge has a great run and represents the PAC well..." must have been omitted by the CP writer. 

2 hours ago, DaveMosbey said:

On the final play it looked like the blocked field goal rolled in the end zone and Titans fell on it, Is that a live ball ?? Curious because in one of the videos on Twitter noticed one of the Titan coaches was in the face of a official. 

I know I should ask that in the officials section but too lazy after only sleeping 2½ to 3 hours last night.

Dave, 

I believe the same rule as a punt applies.  If there was time left we would have got that ball on the 20....I think.  Or would have just got it back at the line of scrimmage where the attempt was made.   I wouldn't ask those officials though.  Those guys weren't watching the game anyway.  Terrible.  That should have been a 2 score game.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaveMosbey said:

Its not easy beating a good team twice and the Patriots were trying to do it on the road against a team they throttled in the first in the first meeting, Patriots controlled the first quarter and the final 6 minutes of the 4th quarter everything else was all Titans.

Game was going so well at the started Patriots were up 7-0 and had a  1st and goal and was stopped just inches from the goal line on a play I thought they broke the plain but it was very close, Looked like Patriots had the ball back after a Titan fumble but after the officials talked about it for what seemed like several minutes they ruled down before the fumble so instead of Patriots having a redo in the Red Zone the Titans had the ball back and eventually scored on the drive and tied the game 7-7 and after that it was all Titans until the final 6 minutes of the game.

Patriots faced a lot of adversity last night Two-Way starting lineman Hunter Wetzel left with a injury and didn't return as did two-way starting DB-RB Gavin Vaal who is the fastest of the Patriot running backs and were facing a determined Titan team that outplayed them for  2½ quarters. Not having trailed all season you never know how a team will react when getting behind for the first time and the Patriots were behind 14-7 and 20-7 and it looked like the season would end in at Gibson Southern for the 2nd straight season but not this year with this Senior dominated team, In the 4th quarter Patriots  get a long punt return by Feldpausch followed by Sigler 25-yard TD run,  Then on defense force another punt and  have a long Sigler return followed by Wetzel 18-yard TD run and led 21-20 but left too much time on clock.

On the Titan drive it looked like the Titans had turned the ball over but again ruled down before the fumble and the Titans had a 2nd  life and attempted a 25-yard field goal for the win that was blocked.

Patriots win in one of the best games I have witnessed in my 40 years watching Patriot football. Tough way too lose a game and have to feel for the Titans who played so well for most of the game but in the end the Patriots policy of playing their top players on Offense-Defense and Special teams all 3 was the difference because like so many times in the past the Patriots made huge plays on special teams.

Doesn't get any easier with another re-match against a ranked conference rival coming up in the championship. Great game Titans  and I'm so proud of the Patriots on the unbelievable comeback.

With the win Coach Wilkerson now trails Coach Hart  5-6 in head to head meetings, Titans are 3-1 at Heritage Hills during that period and the Patriots are 4-3 at Gibson Southern. 

-

Brady Allen had the fewest yards in his career by 1 yard completing 8 of 13 passes for 103 yards, Previous low was 104 yards VS Henderson County in 2018 but difference is the Henderson game he just struggled going 13 out of 30 this game the Titans were more content to take what the defense gave them and seemed like ran a ton of sweeps and severial of the passes attempted were screen passes.

Ball is dead on any kick in high school the moment it crosses the goal line. It would be a touch back. GS ball on their 20 if there was time left. 

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Not luck! Sorry but "Sometimes that's the way it bounces" isn't showing much respect to an opponent that has beaten you 3 out of the past 4. "The better team won and we hope they or Southridge has a great run and represents the PAC well..." must have been omitted by the CP writer. 

What are you getting on about?  Looks like that tweet was at about the time it happened...maybe halftime ...nobody mentions “luck” ...or how a team coulda shoulda woulda and it’s before the game even ended 

this is the 2nd time I’ve seen you pull something absolutely out of left field in a slight attack on GS.  What is your problem dude?  The first one you quoted someone talking about other teams and went on complete tangent about how GS shoulda “spread the ball out 4 wide and make HH play man to man” as a complete sarcastic response and mocking of how the first game went. this one you’re talking about a Twitter guy for 812 hoops not giving HH enough respect because he said something about what happened on the play before the game ended (and it wasn’t even biased at that)....or was close to being over...

Like come on man...what is your problem?  You got some pent up rage about a previous GS or HH game?  Even if that’s the case, HH and GS fans have been very classy to each other all season for the most part.  Tons of respect between the two communities..but also an absolute desire to see the other lose any given Friday 

18 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

What are you getting on about?  Looks like that tweet was at about the time it happened...maybe halftime ...nobody mentions “luck” ...or how a team coulda shoulda woulda and it’s before the game even ended 

this is the 2nd time I’ve seen you pull something absolutely out of left field in a slight attack on GS.  What is your problem dude?  The first one you quoted someone talking about other teams and went on complete tangent about how GS shoulda “spread the ball out 4 wide and make HH play man to man” as a complete sarcastic response and mocking of how the first game went. this one you’re talking about a Twitter guy for 812 hoops not giving HH enough respect because he said something about what happened on the play before the game ended (and it wasn’t even biased at that)....or was close to being over...

Like come on man...what is your problem?  You got some pent up rage about a previous GS or HH game?  Even if that’s the case, HH and GS fans have been very classy to each other all season for the most part.  Tons of respect between the two communities..but also an absolute desire to see the other lose any given Friday 

Have you read the CP article? It's a continuation of any success HH being attributed to Gibson Southern not doing something. Meanwhile, if you read HH comments even in its roughest years, they frequently said that Gibson was the better team and deserved to win. If HH has three turnovers, it's because GS forced them. I have several friends in South Gibson -- coaches, friends, and parents. I have no qualms criticizing part of their fan base or the tone of the quotes in the article. I criticized Hart and staff's decision to platoon, especially in the playoffs. If having an opinion is forbidden, then guilty as charged. 

1 minute ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Have you read the CP article? It's a continuation of any success HH being attributed to Gibson Southern not doing something. Meanwhile, if you read HH comments even in its roughest years, they frequently said that Gibson was the better team and deserved to win. If HH has three turnovers, it's because GS forced them. I have several friends in South Gibson -- coaches, friends, and parents. I have no qualms criticizing part of their fan base or the tone of the quotes in the article. I criticized Hart and staff's decision to platoon, especially in the playoffs. If having an opinion is forbidden, then guilty as charged. 

Mannn. I haven’t read that or anything really since the game....but at least give us a back story and source. 

You can’t be coming in hot like that without showing us where you are coming from. I just see you quoting some tweet on a single play and it looks like you made a ton of conclusions based on that tweet.

no doubt GS definitely is the media favorite outside of the SIAC usually. It’s not unwarranted completely though. GS has shown plenty of reason why they should be followed closely over these past years 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Ball is dead on any kick in high school the moment it crosses the goal line. It would be a touch back. GS ball on their 20 if there was time left. 

Don't you mean HH ball on GS 20 ??  Pretty sure officials wouldn't pick ball up in end zone and move it 80 yards to the GS 20.

just some context here, in the Hart era, the team that ended GS season has either been the state champ or runner up 5 of 7 years.

2012  Chatard(champion)

2013 Brebuf(runner up)

*2014 Heritage hills(lost to tri west in semi state)

2015 Chatard(champion)

*2016 Memorial(lost to Browstown in regional)

2017 Memorial(champion)

2018 Memorial(runner up)

2019 Heritage Hills(???)

Im not swearing this is correct, coreect me if wrong.

18 minutes ago, DaveMosbey said:

Don't you mean HH ball on GS 20 ??  Pretty sure officials wouldn't pick ball up in end zone and move it 80 yards to the GS 20.

Yes. Defense's ball on the 20. If there was time left... If the ball was knocked into the endzone by the defense and then recovered by the offense (Gibson), I believe it would be a TD. There may have to be a change of possession and fumble though. Will defer to @Bobref